Confirmed with Link: [TBL/CBJ/DET] Lightning trade 1st, 3rd, and 4th rd picks for David Savard (25%) & Brian Lashoff

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Well, were banking on Savard rebounding because he's actually been pretty awful defensively this year. Hopefully it was more of a team thing than a personal thing.

Hopefully he's just been dragged down by Laine's lazy ass. It's astonishing how many goals Columbus has given up this year, they're in the Philly/Buffalo tier. Not characteristic of a Tortarella team at all.

Last edited:

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Well, were banking on Savard rebounding because he's actually been pretty awful defensively this year. Hopefully it was more of a team thing than a personal thing.
Definitely a down year for him so far, but for Columbus in general too. They were underperforming, had some drama, a tough coach, lots of factors. With his style of play he’s presumably playing banged up most of the time too. Let’s see what a change of scenery does for him though. It worked with Shattenkirk and Bogo last season.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009

I'm hoping the change in scenery and opportunity to win a cup will excite him to get him to bring his best game to the table. Also one of things that cbj fans he is really good at is blocking shots. That is something you normally turn up more as you get into the playoffs. So maybe we see him show up better in the playoffs. I remember him being a pain the ass the last two playoff series against them.

NatoGhost

Jun 27, 2013
Flags fly forever.

Also this is a very bad draft without even factoring in the development time lost to Covid. I wouldn't be surprised if this is one of those drafts like the 1999 draft where barely any full-time NHLers - forget impact players - come out of it.

I don't buy this. The players are still there it'll just be more of a crapshoot than normal for scouts.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I don't buy this. The players are still there it'll just be more of a crapshoot than normal for scouts.

The talent won't be as developped though, the kids in this years draft esssentially lost a full year of competitive play, which is huge at this age.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Not an ideal first game when you're left out to dry for a bunch of short handed chances...

Stay at home defenseman makes no defensive plays, he takes some blame too. Looked very pedestrian in situations you'd think he'd be confident in.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Textbook 2v1 D

upload_2021-4-14_7-51-7.jpeg

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
I'm curious to see how the landscape shifts for this years draft. Each year you have guys who are late risers for having a great single season in junior (Sam Bennett for example, I think Dubois was the other one), and in general, a lot of last minute variance in the draft order and scouting reports. I don't think things will change completely because old habits die hard and a lot of these GMs and scouts are dinosaurs, but we might be able to sneak some really good mid round value from kids that would have otherwise pushed into, say, the second round.

Reactions: NatoGhost

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I'm curious to see how the landscape shifts for this years draft. Each year you have guys who are late risers for having a great single season in junior (Sam Bennett for example, I think Dubois was the other one), and in general, a lot of last minute variance in the draft order and scouting reports. I don't think things will change completely because old habits die hard and a lot of these GMs and scouts are dinosaurs, but we might be able to sneak some really good mid round value from kids that would have otherwise pushed into, say, the second round.

Yea could be a decent year to snatch up an unknown gem. Knowing how this team scouts.

Reactions: NatoGhost

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
That wouldn't be our luck. That'd be bad scouting.

Agreed, hope that's not the case. He's had 2 good playoff runs but that's 20 game sample out of a 10 year career of being a meh #3/4

Last edited:

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
That wouldn't be our luck. That'd be bad scouting.

For sure. Hope he works out. Let's see how he is with a few more games under his belt and we should see some more effort out of this team going forward and that should also be a good time to see where he is at too. I know we are just calling it like we see it but it is early too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad