Confirmed with Link: [TBL/CBJ/DET] Lightning trade 1st, 3rd, and 4th rd picks for David Savard (25%) & Brian Lashoff

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

The Tampa Bay Lightning have acquired defenseman David Savard in a multi-team trade in which the Lightning give up their 2021 first-round and 2022 third-round picks to the Columbus Blue Jackets and it's 2021 fourth-round selection to the Detroit Red Wings, vice president and general manager Julien BriseBois announced today. Additionally, the Lightning acquired Brian Lashoff from Detroit in the trade. Lashoff will remain with the Grand Rapids Griffins of the American Hockey League.

Lightning trade - 1st rd pick (2021), 3rd rd pick (2022), 4th rd pick (2021)
Blue Jackets trade - David Savard
Red Wings trade - Brian Lashoff

Lightning receive - David Savard, Brian Lashoff (with stay in Grand Rapids)
Blue Jackets receive - 1st and 3rd rd picks / retain 50% of Savards contract
Red Wings receive - 4th rd pick / retain 25% of Savards contract

Last edited:

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Only responsible for 25 percent of his contract as det and cbj retained. Tb going all in though. Usually don't rent these guys on deals like this but you have a window and you try to win as many as you can in that window.

Reactions: NatoGhost

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
Our window is now. We won't know what this team looks like next year for a while, so time to try and get one more. Our window won't be this open next year. We gave up alot for Savard

We needed that 1st rd pick to get rid of Johnson so idk what happens with him now
maybe he will be traded with Foote,Raddysh,Stephens?

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
SFY and JFBB

bros til the end

giphy-4.gif

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
Yeup. Will have to unload a prospect I think. Should be more takers in the off season, but man, we really need to shed some cap!
I think because of COlton ,we can easily give Stephens away with Johny. And trade Killorn and put ABB or some other prospect for him.

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
Also I wont be surprised if we trade Johny before TDL. Like for 4rd rounder or maybe for some player.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I think because of COlton ,we can easily give Stephens away with Johny. And trade Killorn and put ABB or some other prospect for him.

I don't think Stephens is enough to move the needle. Colton isn't going anywhere, but every team will ask for him. I could see Foote being inquired with Johnson. Either that or our 2022 1st over all pick. Idk. Johnson is the biggest hurdle this team has right now.

We have a lot of spots to fill next year

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
I don't think Stephens is enough to move the needle. Colton isn't going anywhere, but every team will ask for him. I could see Foote being inquired with Johnson. Either that or our 2022 1st over all pick. Idk. Johnson is the biggest hurdle this team has right now.

We have a lot of spots to fill next year
Ok. I would not be missing Foote after we got Thomas,as for me he looks the same if not better than Foote

Reactions: Stammertime91

NatoGhost

Jun 27, 2013
Steep price to pay but it's our weakest position and I'm all for it! Gotta do all we can to give us the best chance possible for another cup!

Reactions: Peacefool

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Guys, Gals, congrats. I'm rooting for you.

Savard is a solid player. There's not much to say. I think he has more offensive ability than what he's shown here in the past few years and maybe you guys will get it out of him. However, if not its fine because you got him for his defensive ability.

Yes, he hasn't been as good this year. This is true. However the team is a dumpster fire and we're always playing defense. So I think that plays a part in it too. I think he'll be solid for you guys.

What I do know is he's a great leader, a great person, and a warrior. Blocks shots, moves the puck well enough, and he's physical. He's slow skating, but he always finds a way to make it work. Ugly as hell strides and won't win races, but he won't get dusted either.

I hope you guys enjoy him. I loved me some Savvy. Good luck the rest of the way and take care of him. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad