Speculation: Taylor Hall

Where does Hall end up?

• Total voters

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
isn't Winnipeg's issue that they can't afford a mega contract for Laine? How will they fit Hall?

Maybe I'm wrong. They also need more help on D than they do up front.

They are fine money wise I believe. Just not sure why they'd use it on another winger

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
Really? I would be booking my flight to colarado already

Ha, I like the Avs as well. I just like the Winnipeg Jets roster a lot... not as much as when they had Dustin Byfuglien, but it's still filthy. I'm a Mark Scheifele fan.

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
We have four Tyler’s to your measly one. Who cares who they are, we outnumber you.

We also have 1.5 Tanners (Pearson and Jonathan Tyler “JT” Miller) a Troy, and even a Thatcher. Our T-Name game is unrivalled around the league.

Take THAT
I’m not a Stars fan in case you couldn’t tell by my username. And seeing as how that’s the joke the first guy was making(in reference to Tyler vs Taylor) I believe it does matter. But congrats on all those Tylers man, it’s quite the accomplishment.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Montreal it is. Young, good core, fits in perfectly, cap space and prestige destination.

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
I'm gonna toss a dark horse suggestion into the mix - LA. I know people will point to them and say it doesn't fit the criteria of currently competitive, but they have a high quality, deep prospect pool that's about to add one of Stutzle/Byfield. They have 2 pillars in Kopitar and Doughty that - despite wearing some mileage - are still capable of high end/elite play and were leaders for two championship runs. Another thing they have is ample cap space. Only 2 long term contracts in Kopitar and Doughty, 17 mil in available space currently, with another 5 likely available in the form of a Carter trade (where this year plenty of teams would gladly take a 5.2 mil hit that only makes 2 mil in real dollars).

It's not necessarily the roster you see today that your signing to join. With all the space the Kings have moving forward, along with the strong prospect pool and appeal of playing in a world class city, I could see them as a possibility for a number of UFA's.

That is actually pretty convincing. Plus the prestige of So Cal living.

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
I would go to the Kings personally, but if he wants to win: Colorado or find a way to make it work in Edmonton.

FireGorton

Laf to Kak
Aug 6, 2020
isn't Winnipeg's issue that they can't afford a mega contract for Laine? How will they fit Hall?

Maybe I'm wrong. They also need more help on D than they do up front.
It’s that and attracting top FA like most small market teams do. Hall didn’t want to stay with Devils and they have Nico and Hughes. If money wasn’t a problem they would NHL20 and bring him and AP in. The sell job for AP is using Scotty if I were the Devils.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I feel like that team is living on borrowed time with the age of the team, but they are still strong.

Pasta, McAvoy, Carlo, DeBrusk, Coyle, Studnicka and ton of cap space say hi

14M today
Krejci 7.25M next summer
Rask 7M next summer
Backes 1.5M next summer

McAvoy to sign in 2 years time, Pasta in 3

Reactions: Horton Hears A Woo

Shot of Bailey

Apr 9, 2013
PEI, Canada
Islanders. Brand new state of the art rink being built, opportunity to play with Barzal and produce big numbers, great place to live on Long Island (let's not talk about taxes), great ownership and management and now......a contender. Lou wanted Stone.... X.... Lou wanted Panarin...X.... come on Lou....don't strike out.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Montreal it is. Young, good core, fits in perfectly, cap space and prestige destination.

With Juulsen and Mete signed, Habs have a 22 man roster with about $7.8M in cap space. Domi traded for futures. But we also have guys like Suzuki, Kotkaniemi, and Romanov with about $4M in potential ELC performance bonuses. Deferring any extra cap hit to 21/22 is a bad idea! I guess we can run with a 21 or 22 man roster? That frees up about $2M ish.

Trade Byron but easier said than done with so many teams looking to unload contracts.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Islanders. Brand new state of the art rink being built, opportunity to play with Barzal and produce big numbers, great place to live on Long Island (let's not talk about taxes), great ownership and management and now......a contender. Lou wanted Stone.... X.... Lou wanted Panarin...X.... come on Lou....don't strike out.

Tell us your plans to free up cap space? Islanders have 20 contracts with $8.9M in cap space but Barzal, Pulock, and Toews to sign as RFA's.

Reactions: Guttersniped

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Leafs trade Marner and AJ to free up space to sign AP @ 8.5x7 and hall @ 5.5 x 1.
Move Freddie to Arizona plus a pick for Kuemper.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
Ha, I like the Avs as well. I just like the Winnipeg Jets roster a lot... not as much as when they had Dustin Byfuglien, but it's still filthy. I'm a Mark Scheifele fan.

You have one thing right. Their D is so bad it's straight filth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad