Speculation: Taylor Hall

Where does Hall end up?

• Total voters

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Hard to know what the Avs owner would think about it. You did trade for Kadri who had $2M for 3 years of singing bonus money. That's pretty much all the Avs owner has paid this offseason.

Some recent examples..
- Point got $7.75M on his bridge deal
- McAvoy got $3.5M on his bride deal
- M Tkachuk got $7.5M on his bridge deal
- Rantanen got $0
- Girard got $0M
- Laine got $0M
Just another reason why that Girard contract is such a beauty. Sakic pulled a masterstroke by signing him last summer, because he'd easily get $6+ this offeason.

Reactions: Merrrlin

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Probably a factor of a good team fit and money
I’m thinking if Hall wants to get a big dollar deal he’s going to be going to not a very good team, where he’s expected to be “the guy”. If he wants to go to a good team, and be a support player (like Kessel was in Pittsburgh) he’s going to get a lot less.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Just another reason why that Girard contract is such a beauty. Sakic pulled a masterstroke by signing him last summer, because he'd easily get $6+ this offeason.

Agreed, excellent deal from day 1. Will be invaluable moving forward.

Reactions: Richard88

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
Nashville, Florida, Toronto and New Jersey should be on this list. NY Rangers and Boston probably should not be.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Well. If you have demonstrated anything outside of an unhealthy obsession with the leafs......

it’s that you don’t really understand math.

I don't know who you are quoting (ignored) but I could probably figure it out from that comment lol

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I’m thinking if Hall wants to get a big dollar deal he’s going to be going to not a very good team, where he’s expected to be “the guy”. If he wants to go to a good team, and be a support player (like Kessel was in Pittsburgh) he’s going to get a lot less.

Hard to say but very possible. Does he take less than $8M from any team? Not so sure about that. I have him $8M - $8.5M in the flat cap mess

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
I don't think he would come back, nor should the Devil's be interested in a long term contract with him, but still, it hurts not to be included...

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Think he ends up a Bruin if Krug walks and they do not sign Chara. There is the money for him to sign long term. Krejci will be gone after next year. Who knows what Rask is doing. Bruins have most of their players signed, they are in a good situation to go shopping.

Reactions: Horton Hears A Woo

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Gotta go with The Flames. Calgary kid, cheered for the Flames growing up, had a good relationship with Geoff Ward in NJ who is now the Flames head coach, and the Flames are a competitive team with some good young pieces still. Although they could probably use a "re-tool" move or two, and a goalie(Maybe they could sign Markstrom too).

Last edited:

GM Armchair

Dec 16, 2019
I don’t think hall chases money. Think hall goes for a team that’s going to make a cup run. Colorado short term seems like a good choice

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo Sabres.

Hall loves Ralph Krueger, Ralph loves Hall.

Buffalo has money, cap space & a desperate need for an elite left winger to play w Jack.

Trade Reinhart's RFA rights to CGY for Hanifin+ (rumoured to be on the block...), sabres upgrade at wing and D, Flames get their top-6 RW as well... Even if it's not Taylor.

Hall-Eichel-Olofsson
Skinner-Staal-Cozens

Dahlin-Jokiharju
Hanifin-Montour/Risto

Homina-homina!!!

Sabres have an internal salary cap of $70 million and need to sign a bunch of players and Dahlin is nearing the end of his ELC. The last thing the Sabres need to do is sign a UFA winger to a big contract right now.

Also, the Sabres have too many defensemen they need to protect in the expansion draft, how does trading a Reinhart for Hanifin help that?

redandyellowcametobe

Jan 4, 2019
Like other posters I think he goes to the Avs IF it’s short term. I can’t see the Avs wanting to commit 5+ years with the likes of Landy, Makar and Mack all due for raises in the coming years. Maybe something like 8-8.5 million for 2-3 years to get a chance to play on a contender. Then home to Calgary.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I think he signs in either Tampa or Dallas for 2 years at $4 Million AAV.

Voted the Rangers though, I think they'd be one of the five teams that have the best chance at signing him.

Last edited:

Blitz

Let's Go B-U-F-F-A-L-O!!!
Dec 14, 2009
Ontario
Sabres have an internal salary cap of $70 million and need to sign a bunch of players and Dahlin is nearing the end of his ELC. The last thing the Sabres need to do is sign a UFA winger to a big contract right now.

Also, the Sabres have too many defensemen they need to protect in the expansion draft, how does trading a Reinhart for Hanifin help that?

-Internal cap is rumour, has not been confirmed by ANYONE associated with the organization.
-They are loaded on the right side, but lacking on the left w with the loss of Pilut.
-Either they're signing Reinhart to a $7M+ AAV or a UFA like Hall - but either way they're signing a forward to a big deal. Difference being Sam gives you 50-60pts playing w/ an elite Centre, Hall has shown the ability to do much more than that previously.
-Montour and/or Risto will be dealt prior to the season starting IMO, they'll happily leave Miller/McCabe exposed or make a deal w/ SEA similar to Carrier w Vegas. The expansion draft SHOULD NOT prevent any GM from building if there's an opportunity.

Blitz

Let's Go B-U-F-F-A-L-O!!!
Dec 14, 2009
Ontario
I think he signs in either Tampa or Dallas for 2 years at $8 Million.

Voted the Rangers though, I think they'd be one of the five teams that have the best chance at signing him.

Tampa is strapped & still needs to lock up Cirelli - Don't see how they can free up $8M AAV until a few of those NTC terms change in '21.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Hall has said that the money might not be there that it was prior to Covid and we make a lot of money to play a game. He also said he has only been to the playoffs twice in his ten year career and winning should be a priority........ I find those comments interesting ,so much so that I might be changing my thinking about the Bruins pursuing him............

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad