Speculation: Taylor Hall

Where does Hall end up?

• Total voters

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I don't think this is true.

Hall's game is all about driving into the zone with puck on his stick. That's typically what a center does. If Hall could figure out the defensive side of it, he would be a center himself.

Hall would have actually succeeded in Marchand's role, where Bergeron is amazing defensively and creates turnovers and Pastrnak is the ultimate trigger man. I don't see Hall succeeding in a situation where he is playing with an offensively dominant center who drives the play. This was probably why Hall and McDavid never seemed to work.

But yeah, the problem in Boston is Bergeron's age.
This is actually a myth, they put up elite stats together in their limited time together, the only time they didn't work was when McDavid was just fresh to the NHL and getting his legs wet, the different between his first 13 games of his rookie year and the last 32 are night and day.

They provided elite scoring chances/shots and tilted the ice a ton in favour of the Oilers.

Springfield Isotopes

Dec 9, 2018
Is it impossible for Taylor Hall to sign with the Oilers? Or maybe he wants an other chance?

2years 15million contract.

Oilers trade one of their defenders like Nurse, Larsson or Klef to the Devils with James Neals contract for future considerations..?

Clearing 8 - 9 millions. Fit Hall in the rooster

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I don't think this is true.

Hall's game is all about driving into the zone with puck on his stick. That's typically what a center does. If Hall could figure out the defensive side of it, he would be a center himself.

Hall would have actually succeeded in Marchand's role, where Bergeron is amazing defensively and creates turnovers and Pastrnak is the ultimate trigger man. I don't see Hall succeeding in a situation where he is playing with an offensively dominant center who drives the play. This was probably why Hall and McDavid never seemed to work.

But yeah, the problem in Boston is Bergeron's age.

Yeah Studnicka would be the long term answer. Or Danault is a UFA next year.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Is it impossible for Taylor Hall to sign with the Oilers? Or maybe he wants an other chance?

Oilers trade one of their defenders like Nurse, Larsson or Klef to the Devils with James Neals contract for future considerations..?

Devils would be paying like $28 million for two seasons of Nurse.

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020

That'd have to be a big rooster.

Also, they wouldn't HAVE to attach an asset to Neal; a buyout would be sufficient so long as they could also find a taker for Kris Russell and his $1.5 million in real money owed. Ottawa fans seem to be on-board with trading Edmonton's pick at 14 and Russell for the Islanders' two picks (28 and 58) so it's really not out of the realm of possibility it happens. Add in the rumored Bjork-for-Chiasson deal and it's a done deal:

Hall-McDavid-Kassian
RNH-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Bjork-UFA ($2 million or less)-Puljujarvi (Rumored to sign for ~$1 million any day now)
Khaira-Haas-Archibald
Patrick Russell, Joakim Nygard

Nurse-Bear (2 year, $2.5 million bridge deal)
Klefbom-Larsson
Jones-Bouchard
Lagesson/Another league minimum D

Koskinen
Smith/Another backup making $1.5 million or less

Interesting to note that if the Ottawa deal happened, Edmonton would be left with AA, a 1st, a 2nd, Matt Benning and even Puljujarvi as trade chips to upgrade other parts of their roster. I myself am not totally sold on Koskinen, so that's one area they could stand to improve. Defense is another; Klefbom's deal in particular would be mighty attractive to cash-strapped teams. Either way, lots of options to get better even in a flat cap environment.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Where does he even play in Boston? that first line is pretty set in stone

Next to Krejci/Coyle on the 2nd line.

In few years time potentially next to Pasta dropping Marchand& Bergeron more into 2nd line role

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad