Speculation: Taylor Hall

Where does Hall end up?

• Total voters

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Hall has to want to sign there. Armstrong can probably convince him they want to win, but fixing a completely broken team is not going to be as easy as wanting it. I think they are better off watching him walk anyway. He's going to command too much money.
I’m very interested in how much Hall gets. Imo he’s not a first fiddle, and teams expecting him to play that role are almost always disappointed. Hall would be far better as a third or fourth fiddle. Now how much should a team pay a player in that role? I’m seeing somewhere between 7.5 and 8.5 for Hall. So a total contract in the 50 to 60 million range.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Hall will not settle for promises. Edmonton had a promising young core, NJ had a promising young core. He will not wait around into his 30's for a team to become competitive. He wants to win and he wants to get paid.

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
1 yr show me deal with Colorado Avs.

Then long term deal and face of the franchise of Seattle Karens

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Sabres don’t have any money left for Hall, do they? I thought they announced a 70 million dollar internal cap?
They have 34.5 million Cap space at the moment. The non confirmed rumour was lower 70’s but that could be real dollars. They still might hit 80 million salary cap. Some space will clearly be left for Dahlin next year......

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
I'm gonna toss a dark horse suggestion into the mix - LA. I know people will point to them and say it doesn't fit the criteria of currently competitive, but they have a high quality, deep prospect pool that's about to add one of Stutzle/Byfield. They have 2 pillars in Kopitar and Doughty that - despite wearing some mileage - are still capable of high end/elite play and were leaders for two championship runs. Another thing they have is ample cap space. Only 2 long term contracts in Kopitar and Doughty, 17 mil in available space currently, with another 5 likely available in the form of a Carter trade (where this year plenty of teams would gladly take a 5.2 mil hit that only makes 2 mil in real dollars).

It's not necessarily the roster you see today that your signing to join. With all the space the Kings have moving forward, along with the strong prospect pool and appeal of playing in a world class city, I could see them as a possibility for a number of UFA's.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
They have 34.5 million Cap space at the moment. The non confirmed rumour was lower 70’s but that could be real dollars. They still might hit 80 million salary cap. Some space will clearly be left for Dahlin next year......
We also have some cap overages going into next year which I don’t think is accounted for in the 34.5 million in cap space. We have 4 forwards under contract(5 pending RFA forwards) and despite the move for Staal we are nothing more than a young promising team with no recent success.

Hall has stated his desire to play for a contender and has gone on record saying he would take less money for the right situation. Add in the fact that we need C and RW and not LW and I doubt we consider him and I doubt he considers us.

Reactions: Team Cozens

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
You only have one Tyler? Weaklings.

Canucks are *obviously* the best fit, Taylor can play with Tyler (Myers), Tyler (Motte), Tyler (Graovac) and Tyler (Toffoli), the last of which we traded Tyler (Madden) for.

:p
Yeah but they don't have THE Tyler from the old Tyler vs Taylor talking points from their draft year.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Give me a minute I’m looking lol. But yes there was plenty of discussion on the Avs board that there was a 4 year and 7 year offer. The 4 year was in the 12’s I believe and the 7 year was around what NYR gave.
Talk on the Avs board. That is your proof that They offered Panarin 7 years which was the max and than you add your Positive.
Think i'll take the word of 31 thoughts.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
If the Canucks had cap space, he'd fit in real well with Horvat, Pettersson, Boeser and Jt Miller. His speed on LW would be such a good fit with that group.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
Hall will not settle for promises. Edmonton had a promising young core, NJ had a promising young core. He will not wait around into his 30's for a team to become competitive. He wants to win and he wants to get paid.

he can get one of those things in Toronto, rhymes with laid.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
any rumors on him?
Haven't really seen anything.

Pietro and Goalies seem to be dominating the rumor mill.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I think Dallas has some obvious advantages ... they're clearly a good team and Hall doesn't probably want to go to a "maybe" team.

But also being a tax free state is huge, when the guy is already losing money signing a 7 year deal in Dallas could mean a lot more actual money in the end for him recouping some of his COVID losses.

LuLover96

Feb 28, 2017
Yeah but they don't have THE Tyler from the old Tyler vs Taylor talking points from their draft year.
We have four Tyler’s to your measly one. Who cares who they are, we outnumber you.

We also have 1.5 Tanners (Pearson and Jonathan Tyler “JT” Miller) a Troy, and even a Thatcher. Our T-Name game is unrivalled around the league.

Take THAT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad