Taylor Hall wins Hart Trophy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
As a Devils season ticket holder, Hall was a blast to watch this year and he stepped it up this season so much. He carried this team on his back in a way I've never seen as a fan of this team. The fan base completely rallied around him and fell in love. We haven't been in the playoffs since 2012 and he and Nico really brought new life into this franchise and fan base. It was a fantastic atmosphere this year and the MVP chants were the loudest the building has been in years....

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
How excellent were this guy's comments after he won -

Ray, I'd show up at his hotel room tonight with a contract extension.

Taylor Hall is all about hockey, all about team, all about New Jersey. We've been lucky to have guys like Patty and Dano and Dowd and Marty who bought into New Jersey - and now Palms...

But man oh man, I don't remember any player (except maybe the home growns and Dano) speaking that highly about our home state.

What a great night for Taylor and this team.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Woohoo, congrats Taylor!

Just saw the replay, awesome jacket but an even better speech. That one got me especially after the Humboldt kids. Love hearing what he had to say about NJ, the fans and our organization in the interview with Weekes afterwards too, he's all in.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Woohoo, congrats Taylor!

Just saw the replay, awesome jacket but an even better speech. That one got me especially after the Humboldt kids. Love hearing what he had to say about NJ, the fans and our organization in the interview with Weekes afterwards too, he's all in.

He wants to stay here. We just need to pay him and make sure we don’t go really badly backwards.

Reactions: JK3

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
362FB661-2247-4447-9820-4BE21F653832.gif
Lol, McDavid's reaction to this.

hekuogY.gif

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Some people are gonna argue Stevens in 93-94 or Marty in 96-97, as well as a few of his 00's seasons were the best seasons in Devils history, but I think this one might win out. Obviously, Hall isn't on their level as far as resume goes, but I've never once argued this wasn't the best season a Devils forward has ever had (at least not after the season came to an end) and I think this might be the best Devils season ever. Marty's 07-08 season deserves a nod. That was an underrated season.

Goaltending excluded, I haven't seen anything close to Stevens 1994 in New Jersey. Pure dominance.

Then Elias 2001 (Elias in 2006 was probably more dominant but it was a shortened season... Definitely the most inspirational performance I have ever seen in NJ)

I think Hall's season was on par with Zach Parise 2009 personally.

Some underrated/memorable seasons: Claude Lemieux 1992 and 1993 -
Pat Verbeek 1988- Bobby Holik 1998 - Scott Niedermayer 1998 - Scott Gomez 2000 .

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Woohoo, congrats Taylor!

You see how tiny Hall looked next to Lindros.

I was afraid Eric was going to eat him.

Reactions: glenwo2

Zezel22

Mar 9, 2018
You have to feel great about Hall and what the Devils have going with him right now. Special thing. To see his acceptance speech, the guy kept going back to the Devils multiple times, how special it was to him, Shero, Hynes, his Devils family, teammates and the fans at the end. And then afterwards to single out Nico and again stress Hynes and Shero's belief in him. And to put so much on Hischier and how much that means to the organization is such a captain move.

This is the captain of the team, regardless of what anyones sweater says... the guy is going nowhere barring some incredible development... and have to credit Shero and Hynes for not just pulling off the heist in Shero's case but for developing the player and cultivating the relationship and clearly getting the most out of him. It's really great to see.

Now let's go get him some help, now, while hes primed, and win a bunch of games.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
Man, he had a real big chip on his shoulder when he came here and now he's the MVP. I can't believe it. What a player and what a person. Just Incredible to watch him mature into a leader. Him and Nico are going to be such a dynamic duo for years to come. I can't wait for the season to start. That speech was as good as a recruitment pitch that the Devil's could have asked for. Hopefully this team is going to turn the corner into elite category this season.

Lateralous

Jun 17, 2003
Abington, PA
Visit site
Goaltending excluded, I haven't seen anything close to Stevens 1994 in New Jersey. Pure dominance.

Then Elias 2001 (Elias in 2006 was probably more dominant but it was a shortened season... Definitely the most inspirational performance I have ever seen in NJ)

Some underrated/memorable seasons: Claude Lemieux 1992 and 1993 -
Pat Verbeek 1988- Bobby Holik 1998 - Scott Niedermayer 1998 - Scott Gomez 2000 .

I think you're underrating what Hall did this year a little bit. IMO, Hall belongs in the same bracket as the amazing seasons you referenced from Elias while Parise 2009 was closer to Kovy 2012.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010

Hall didn't have as much help though as Parise did, for comparison...

This year
Hall - 93
Nico - 52
Palms - 44
Butcher - 44
Bratt - 35
Wood - 32

08-09
Parise - 94
Elias - 78
Langenbrunner - 69
Zajac - 62
Gionta - 60
Zubrus - 40
Paul Martin - 33

Hall had no 60+ point scorers on his team, Parise had 4. That's quite a big difference

Last edited:

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Hall didn't have as much help though as Parise did, for comparison...

This year
Hall - 93
Nico - 52
Palms - 44
Butcher - 44
Bratt - 35
Wood - 32

08-09
Parise - 94
Elias - 78
Langenbrunner - 69
Zajac - 62
Gionta - 60
Zubrus - 40
Paul Martin - 33

Hall had no 60+ point scorers on his team, Parise had 4. That's quite a big difference
The 2009 team scored 244 goals

The 2018 team 248....the narrative that Hall did it by himself was always a false one.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
The 2009 team scored 244 goals

The 2018 team 248....the narrative that Hall did it by himself was always a false one.

What site are you looking at? Hockey reference has the 09 team at 238 goals and this years team at 243.

Hall only had 2 20+ goal scorers with Palms at 24 and Nico at 20. Parise had 4 on his team with Elias at 37, Langs at 29 and Gionta and Zajac at 20.

The narrative isn't false to say that Hall carried this team on his back, because he did and the stats back it up. Parise had way more help than Hall did.

That 09 team was way better than this one, finished with 106 points and won the division and should have never lost in the first round until they shit the bed in game 7 in the worst moment in the history of the Prudential Center and one of the worst in the teams history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad