Not open for further replies.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Lol, McDavid's reaction to this.

hekuogY.gif

Last edited:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
What if we can't afford him tho? Maybe we can start printing the money?:sarcasm:

It's pretty incredible this is the first ever Hart Trophy for such a successful franchise. Outside of Marty a few times and maybe Patty in 00-01, I never really thought we had someone that really would have been considered. And even Patty came in 6th in 00-01. I'm not sure if we've ever had anyone finish higher in Hart voting than that, outside of Marty a couple times and Hall this year. MAYBE Parise came in 5th or something 08-09? Lemme check on that one.

I was right, he did come in 5th that year.

Reactions: glenwo2 and mtnet

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Agreed .. totally expected Hall to get the shaft. Well deserved .. he was phenomenal this season and totally put the team on his back down the stretch.
It did seem like we had a lot of hints that he was getting it, as several media members/voters revealed they had used their first place vote on Hall. Pierre said so, early during the playoffs. I think Gord Dwyer or some Canadian personality also said so, back early on in the playoffs? I don't remember hearing anyone say ''My vote goes to Kopitar!'' or MacKinnon, but maybe I didn't notice because they don't play on my team? I remember someone else saying during one of the playoff games that Hall was ''The heavy favorite to win the Hart'' or maybe it was something like ''Hall is expected to win the Hart'' which made me think he (I forgot exactly who said this) talked to a lot of his colleagues who admitted their vote for Hall.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Not that is surprising but Hall wins the Hart and Oilers fans are still talking crap about his "character issues" and "lack of hockey sense" and blah blah blah.

Guess its just pure luck Hall won this year. lol
Really? Just now? I feel like fighting tonight.

Time to go to the main board. Just let me search the closet for my fire suit! Haven't needed to wear it in a while!:eek:

Reactions: OmNomNom

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Well deserved, I would have been sick after all that cringe to not see Hall win
Same here, but it actually wasn't as corny as recent years, where they had some dumb guest host. I have to say that much!

I'm a little bummed that I missed a few presentations, one of which was the Masterton. So I missed Boyle's speech completely, but hopefully that's up on youtube or the Devils put it up or something.

Reactions: mtnet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad