Speculation: Taylor Hall Trade Brewing

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Crest on the front not the name on the back... agreed.
At this point Id trade JT away if there is need to make room. But thats at least a year or three away.

You'd get $0.50 on the $1.00 but ridding your self of that cap hit would be huge. Having said that, he still got some street credit for coming home so Go Johnny Go, Johnny Be Good.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Thats all Im saying...if the prices thrown around here are even close... then thats a lot for a short short term rental.

It sure is... but then... I think they are going to try Galchenyuk with Tavares and Nylander. He's got the talent to play with them, I'm just not sure what it takes, to get his headspace right. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't.... I think our staff are capable of getting something out of him, if there is anything left... if he doesn't show well here, I think that's his last NHL stop.

Reactions: stickty111

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC
It sure is... but then... I think they are going to try Galchenyuk with Tavares and Nylander. He's got the talent to play with them, I'm just not sure what it takes, to get his headspace right. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't.... I think our staff are capable of getting something out of him, if there is anything left... if he doesn't show well here, I think that's his last NHL stop.

Yup as of late we have specialized in taking players who need another shot and helping them succeed. Tho to be fair. Imho Chucky is a habnot and always will be.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
To start, no one has linked the Leafs and Hall.

They speculated he might be of interest.

You're giving the wrong impression of what was discussed

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
I'd be 1000000% on board. I don't think it's likely but would be awesome. Would be like the Pens putting Crosby, Malkin, Kessel on different lines...imagine what you could do with Matthews, Marner, JT, Nylander, and Hall.
Really depends what you give up, but...

Hyman Matthews Marner
Kerfoot Tavares Nylander
Hall Thorton Mikheyev
Simmonds Spezza Boyd

Top 3 lines have a sniper (Matthews, Tavares, Hall), playmaker (Marner, Nylander, Thorton) and a puck retriever (Hyman and Mikheyev, Kerfoot to a lesser point)

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Interesting take from Rene Levoie (I believe it was him) on players coming from US to Canada and having to quarantine 14 days. Said sitting 14 days and then playing caused PLD's injury. Suggested that such players need an extra week for skating because riding the bike while quarantining was not enough.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Sabres have room, Leafs won't have room for Hall.
Cap Friendly has Leafs with room for a 130k contract at TDL.

It's been covered earlier in the thread, but the idea is that the Sabers would retain 50%, and the Leafs would send Kerfoot the other way. Kefoot+Engvall for Hall at 50% retention works under the cap.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Really depends what you give up, but...

Hyman Matthews Marner
Kerfoot Tavares Nylander
Hall Thorton Mikheyev
Simmonds Spezza Boyd

Top 3 lines have a sniper (Matthews, Tavares, Hall), playmaker (Marner, Nylander, Thorton) and a puck retriever (Hyman and Mikheyev, Kerfoot to a lesser point)

Kerfoot would have to go in the Hall deal for cap purposes. Hall on JT's left wing would be pretty awesome though, and you can put Robertson or Simmonds on the 3rd line.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
Is someone seriously considering Steve Dangle as a source???

Nothing against the guy, he is funny and managed to make a career out of being a Leafs fan. But he isn’t at all an insider.

This doesn’t deserve its own thread, we have a rumour and proposal sticky for a reason.
He literally talks to your favourite insiders. He was just stating an opinion but why would you consider him not reliable?

Mar 26, 2010
Mentioned on the Steve Dangle Pod.....goes along with the Elliot Friedman take on the Leafs getting a top 6 winger....

Thoughts? Discuss...

My thought would be we could do something like

Kerfoot, Liljegren, Engvall and a 1st/2nd for Hall
I am a big Taylor Hall fan, but I just don’t see them adding another $9M player.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Hall would be a good pickup, I just don’t think the numbers would work out cap wise.

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
Imagine...

Tavares - Matthews - Marner
Hall - Nylander - Hyman

I've been a advocate of the money line because of how insanely awesome they looked in that colombus series but it really destroys our centre and team depth. If we still had Kadri then itd be easily done, but with Kerfoot then 2 guys around 40 years old, its tougher.

Nylander is too lazy to play centre full time effectively in my opinion, but Tavares unfortunately, will probably transition to left wing sooner or later.

spider0179

Apr 29, 2017
He is going Back to the Oilers...
He has no desire to play in Toronto..
He has already said in the past he would rather not play for the Loafs!

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Ugh. Another player that must play for Leafs cause he's good or from GTA. Leafy!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad