Speculation: Taylor Hall Trade Brewing

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Mentioned on the Steve Dangle Pod.....goes along with the Elliot Friedman take on the Leafs getting a top 6 winger....

Thoughts? Discuss...

My thought would be we could do something like

Kerfoot, Liljegren, Engvall and a 1st/2nd for Hall

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
Mentioned on the Steve Dangle Pod.....goes along with the Elliot Friedman take on the Leafs getting a top 6 winger....

Thoughts? Discuss...

Wow bit of an over pay there maybe a 3rd or 4th we shouldn’t negotiate from weakness as we really don’t NEED the upgrade if they don’t like it we will find someone else...but that’s a kings ransom for a guy who like our core hasn’t accomplished anything yet

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Is Hall any good in the playoffs, or is this another Rick Nash on Boston type of add?

Not much to go by there. He has 12 points in 14 games. He might unfortunately be almost as well known for something else though...(*draft lottery*). Nevertheless, teams will still be interested in adding him if he's on the trade market.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Nonsense. Why would Dubas give up anything for a rental that we don't even need? He doesn't put us over the top, I don't think. Leafs shouldn't go all in on Hall.

Reactions: Leafs87

HC7

May 2, 2018
You wouldn’t take Hall over Nylander ?
Both have challenges
But boy oh boy if it was a choice , I would take Hall in a Leaf minute

Considering age and contract it's a wash at best, and you'd be getting Hall for 30 games. Makes no sense. We can't afford to re-sign him anyways.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Considering age and contract it's a wash at best, and you'd be getting Hall for 30 games. Makes no sense. We can't afford to re-sign him anyways.
I agree
I was just saying if there was a choice one one for one and had Hall for 5 years , it would be him I would choose same cost as well by the way

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015

Thoughts? Discuss...

Only if Hall skips free agency and/or the 1st is tied to a Leaf Cup win. :D

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Is someone seriously considering Steve Dangle as a source???

Nothing against the guy, he is funny and managed to make a career out of being a Leafs fan. But he isn’t at all an insider.

This doesn’t deserve its own thread, we have a rumour and proposal sticky for a reason.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
If you look at the steaming pile of garbage the Coyotes gave up to get Hall last year, that's what I would pay to get him at 50% retained, though aside from name branding, I'm not sure he's really the big fish investment. He's kind of a high skill rush player with so so IQ and one massive year and undeserved MVP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad