Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Really depends what you give up, but...

Hyman Matthews Marner
Kerfoot Tavares Nylander
Hall Thorton Mikheyev
Simmonds Spezza Boyd

Top 3 lines have a sniper (Matthews, Tavares, Hall), playmaker (Marner, Nylander, Thorton) and a puck retriever (Hyman and Mikheyev, Kerfoot to a lesser point)
Kerfoot ahead of Hall
Really
Kerfoot ahead of Hall
Major head scratcher as if we ever made that move , the Kerfootian dude would be gone

Reactions: Confucius

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
49 million on 5 guys, we can and we will
Why not
Hate the cap in professional sports , hate it !!!
Punish elite teams , that are financially secure and incredible fan bases weather they win or loose , to subsidize shat hole teams that are poor and have horrible fan bases that only support teams that win and when they don’t , the fans leave in droves , also to have parity , and parity sucks .I liked when we had dynasty’s and hated them for dominating for a while , that made the sport interesting , and you loved when your hated team that spent lots of money lost . That’s what professional sports should be all about .
Anyway
Go Leafs Go

Last edited:

Spargon

May 31, 2019
Keep this loser off the Leafs. He may get points but every team he plays on tanks. He's this generations Olli Jokinen he will go his whole career with none or very few playoff games

Burkeocet

Nov 2, 2019
Why not
Punish elite teams , that are financially secure and incredible fan bases weather they win or loose , to subsidize shat hole teams that are poor and have horrible fan bases that only support teams that win and when they don’t , the fans leave and to have parity , I liked when we had dynasty’s and hated them
Anyway
Go Leafs Go

This. I used to be pro salary cap but it hasn’t helped crap teams at all, they just spend to the cap basement and stay bad. Teams line Arizona and owners like Melnyk will never change and the cap doesn’t actually help them.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Sherpaderp

Feb 9, 2019
Mentioned on the Steve Dangle Pod.....goes along with the Elliot Friedman take on the Leafs getting a top 6 winger....

Thoughts? Discuss...

My thought would be we could do something like

Kerfoot, Liljegren, Engvall and a 1st/2nd for Hall
Is he still good? Never hear about him anymore. Our forwards are already pretty good indont know why you would trade a top tier pick for him at this point

Captain14

Jan 3, 2018
Buffalo, NY
Why not
Punish elite teams , that are financially secure and incredible fan bases weather they win or loose , to subsidize shat hole teams that are poor and have horrible fan bases that only support teams that win and when they don’t , the fans leave and to have parity , I liked when we had dynasty’s and hated them
Anyway
Go Leafs Go
Welcome to the world of parity.
That plus half the league makes the playoffs

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Can you actually imagine this team with Taylor Hall also in the lineup LOL

I think it would be fun for the giggles on a night like this, but wouldn't necessarily be the best cost to impact ratio and I really question what he could do for us on a playoff run.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I think it would be fun for the giggles on a night like this, but wouldn't necessarily be the best cost to impact ratio and I really question what he could do for us on a playoff run.

No definitely not. Just fun to think about lol

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
So, I found the section of the podcast where they were talking about this. And essentially, it was Dangle making a guess about who Friedman was talking about. It wasn’t him claiming to be an insider or saying that it was a rumour that he’d heard. He was literally just about who he thought Friedman might be referring to just like fans on these board and elsewhere have done.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
The Hart season in New Jersey was unreal. He also had a really nice season in Edmonton about 8 years ago. Otherwise he really hasn't been much better than someone like Nylander. Good player, but I think overrated based off being the #1 overall pick.

Reactions: KapG and cipher

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
You would have to take 9 million off the cap before you add him in. Would we be better?
Yea Buffalo would have to retain 50% and most likely Kerfoot going the other way + other salary. Not sure it’s worth it for a rental who hasn’t been good this year

Pucker77

May 10, 2012
Minnesota
I am by no means condoning trading for Hall, because I dont want the Leafs to.

However, I want to address one thing people have been mentioning, saying stuff like "how much would he help us in the playoffs anyways?"

What I would like to point out is that on every other playoff team Taylor Hall has been on, he was the main player expected to produce points. He was those teams #1 weapon. On the Leafs he would be the 4th, 5th, or 6th weapon. What he would bring to the Leafs is a match up nightmare for the opponent. If the Leafs wanted to load up a line the opponent would have to match up against Hall with either Matthews-Marner or Tavares-Nylander and use a weaker defense pair/forward group against the other line. If the Leafs wanted to exploit depth they could run Matthews-Marner then Tavares-Nylander then Hall-Kerfoot/Thornton/Spezza/Boyd/whoever. One of those 3 lines would feast on the opposing team's 3rd D pair and 3rd/4th forward line.

Like I said at the beginning, I do not want the Leafs to trade for Hall, the resources and cap space could be better utilized. However, that is what he would do for the team if he were to be acquired.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->