Speculation: Taylor Hall Trade Brewing

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
They need a goalie. If they are moving Willie out then the money starts to work and Hall offers more, but Freddie looks like Sparks this year. Any forward they look at won't stop pucks for them. Spend those assets on Kuemper and send Freddy to the Marlies.

Freddy doesn’t seem to have that second gear. Very good goalie but I think we need a goalie with that second gear. If even possible.

The Best Leafs Ever

Feb 28, 2017
Mentioned on the Steve Dangle Pod.....goes along with the Elliot Friedman take on the Leafs getting a top 6 winger....

Thoughts? Discuss...

My thought would be we could do something like

Kerfoot, Liljegren, Engvall and a 1st/2nd for Hall

Need to start with at least Sandin and 1st. Hall is a superstar player and they don't come cheap.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
More of an outsider
The primary source of information that gets out is either player agents or NHL executives. No one is going to leak anything through Steve Dangle. He may get some more info than the average fan, but GM or player agent is going to trust Steve Dangle to properly relay the information to the public at large. This is why pretty much all major NHL transactions are broken by about 4 reporters. Like, if someone in the Leafs brass wants it out there that they are interested in Taylor Hall, it's either getting broken by the 4 people I alluded to earlier or Mirtle who they have a longstanding relationship with.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I'd much rather go for a guy like Rakell or Palmieri

If you really want to go for broke, throw the farm at LA for Kopitar
LA guys don't waive their No-moves unless we are already on his 7 team modified list, but we can't afford him. Most guys are happy with their beach life style in a market with limited pressure.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I think Hall would make a great addition to this team, but it has to be at the deadline, 50% withheld, not cost us any of Liljegren, Sandin or Robertson, and we can't afford to give away Kerfoot.

Moving out Engvall for Hall, would cost $610,830 of cap space at the deadline... I'm not sure if we will have even that much space at that point... Of course he'd cost more than Engvall, but that's the roster player that you move.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
If Toronto makes a “big splash” I think it’s going to be something along the lines of acquiring a player like Mikael Granlund to play along side Tavares and Nylander.

Kerfoot for Granlund could be a good swap for both teams. You could probably have Nashville retain half of Granlunds salary since Kerfoot has term on his contract.

Hyman - Matthews - Marner
Granlund - Tavares - Nylander

Super Mega

Jun 29, 2013
I don't think this rumor has much credibility but I wouldn't want to pay the price Hall will fetch

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
No to trading Liljegren for a rental with the way he’s started the AHL season

Its been 1 game. Have u looked at Liljegren's past 3 years? He had a good AHL year, that doesnt matter anymore. They didnt draft Liljegren to have decent AHL years. Have u seen him at the last couple of camps and preseason? The NHL game is chaos for Liljegren, I do not see him playing over 100 games in the NHL for his career. I think he gets moved and maybe gets a sample somewhere else. Ive isolated on Liljegren, he works hard and has good skating but can not adjust to the lack of time and space and how smart everyone is. His reads and decision making, feel for the game is lacking.

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
Am I the only one here who thinks we DONT need more forwards? Instead we need more defensemen like Brodie, more toughness and net presence like Simmonds and more players who fight like hell for the puck like Hyman. That will get you far in the playoffs besides the DIRE NEED for Elite goaltending.

Reactions: Cobra777

diehardleafsfan9878

Mar 9, 2015
Question, with Hall's 8 million avv contract, how exactly would the Leafs fit him in. And fit him in without moving out 1 of Nylander, Marner, or Tavares. Would make 0 sense to trade any of those guys for 1 year of Hall.

diehardleafsfan9878

Mar 9, 2015
Question, with Hall's 8 million avv contract, how exactly would the Leafs fit him in. And fit him in without moving out 1 of Nylander, Marner, or Tavares. Would make 0 sense to trade any of those guys for 1 year of Hall.
And to further this point, the Leafs and Sabres are both at the cap. So the trade has to be 8 million dollars out for 8 million in. So we trade Nylander and Engvall for Hall, yeah no hard pass.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Thats more then a bit of a stretch. Hes made his mark being a leaf fanboy. Any of us would take his job in a heartbeat.
Hes done a LOT of charity work with the league. A legit good guy and a fun conversation away from the cameras.

His podcast is different than his youtube schtick persona. I personally find both entertaining, but prefer the podcast.

Fair enough, I find his Youtube material extremely grating, the bulging veins, popping eyes, screaming, jump cuts, it is really unappealing to me. I know we're supposed to be laughing with Dangle at the caricature of the crazy Leaf fan...I get it but the all out assault on the sight and sound is exhausting. The comedy seems very in the vein of any "funny" Youtube hockey channel, any of which I've seen I hold in very low regard. I have heard the podcast is different. All I knew of Dangle outside his material is what I've seen in Twitter, where he seems like a giant dick but in his defense that's how most people come off on Twitter, I'll accept your claim that he's a good guy.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
He can sign a 1 year deal next year with us at a discount. There won’t be any money to go around again possible. Good forward. He likely will not give a discount so the idea is not so great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad