Taylor Hall Thread | MOD Warning in OP

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
I just don't ****ing understand some Oilers fans. If Chiarelli traded McDavid for Brooks ****ing Orpik tomorrow, I guarantee there would be posters coming out of the woodwork with statements like "he never committed to Edmonton anyways - did you see his face on draft day?"

CAN'T WE JUST ACCEPT THAT TAYLOR HALL WAS PHENOMENAL FOR US AND HE DESERVED BETTER? I can't believe that's somehow a goddamn controversial statement even if you're Larsson's biggest ****ing fan on the planet. Hall busted his ass for us, was the only reason to watch the team for YEARS. HOW ARE PEOPLE STILL SLAGGING ON HIM AFTER A HART WIN!?!?

well this is the issue. guys like you waaay overrate what hall did here and overlook his faults here. he was nowhere near phenomenal. he was fairly good at putting up points. on the odd good night he would drive play. he was not as hard a worker as guys like you think and as good a pro as you think. he did things on and off ice that took away his positive contributions points-wise (selfish plays, terrible giveaways, irresponsible play, no defence, poor team play, questionable teammate, poor practice and training habits etc etc).

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
well this is the issue. guys like you waaay overrate what hall did here and overlook his faults here. he was nowhere near phenomenal. he was fairly good at putting up points. on the odd good night he would drive play. he was not as hard a worker as guys like you think and as good a pro as you think. he did things on and off ice that took away his positive contributions points-wise (selfish plays, terrible giveaways, irresponsible play, no defence, poor team play, questionable teammate, poor practice and training habits etc etc).

Uh huh. Whatever you say, man.

Hall could single-handedly cure all forms of cancer, and you'd respond with "BUT HALL WAS A LOCKERROOM CANCER THO"

Reactions: harpoon

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Uh huh. Whatever you say, man.

Hall could single-handedly cure all forms of cancer, and you'd respond with "BUT HALL WAS A LOCKERROOM CANCER THO"

no it's well known. look at this article from 2014 about hall.... you don't have all these things CONSTANTLY being brought up about hall and there not being ay truth to it. ference, klef kassian etc etc etc

"It’s not one player. It’s the collection of players that make up the sagging work ethic and lack of culture. But if you had to put a face on it, or a name to it, that name would be Taylor Hall."

"Taylor Hall, at least from a culture standpoint, in the room not on the ice, hasn’t been what they hoped he would be. So when [GM Craig] MacTavish looks into his crystal ball and sees what’s coming his way through trades, he’s gotta be looking at the trade deadline and then beyond that looking at the draft floor"

"I think it speaks from a willingness to adapt. I’m choosing my words carefully in saying that. I’m not in the room, so we gather information from the sources that we have, and my sense is that Taylor Hall has a pretty specific vision on how he sees he needs to play and maybe how he thinks the team should play, and he really isn’t open to change, and that’s a problem."

Taylor Hall is un-coachable, will be on trade block: Report

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
hall got comfortable here. he got lazy in many ways and entitled. he needed to move on to develop and change as a player and person. was never going to happen here.

If anything he probably got sick of the losing teams he was surrounded with. Why bust your hump every shift to make something happen when the AHLers down the bench are just going to out and give it all back?

probably part of it and part of it was on hall too though. time will tell how long this "new" hall will stick around or if he'll revert a bit back to the old ways.

Well he's with an organization that has competent management and coaches and a genuine drive to improve, so I don't know why he wouldn't be able to keep up a high level of play going forward.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I think honestly this has now officially moved into the biggest f*** up this franchise has made since trading Gretzky in '88.

Banking on Lucic, who now apparently wants out after a putrid stretch here, trading Hall to make room for Lucic and only getting a middling no-offence D while Hall goes on to win the Hart Trophy is a collective gamble that is the worst thing the Oilers have done in 30 years.

And they STILL are begging for a right shot offensive D. lol. This is such a level of epic fail it's almost mind boggling how wrong they got this.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
I think honestly this has now officially moved into the biggest **** up this franchise has made since trading Gretzky in '88.

Banking on Lucic, who now apparently wants out after a putrid stretch here, trading Hall to make room for Lucic and only getting a middling no-offence D while Hall goes on to win the Hart Trophy is a collective gamble that is the worst thing the Oilers have done in 30 years.

And they STILL are begging for a right shot offensive D. lol. This is such a level of epic fail it's almost mind boggling how wrong they got this.

Funny when you think that Hall, Eberle, and 1st and a 2nd got you Larsson, Reinhart, and Strome.

Think how good a defenseman you could have got if the Oilers packaged Hall, Eberle and those picks for ONE player. You could have gotten Hedman.

Reactions: Aerrol

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
The Oilers 5v5 goal differential with Taylor Hall on the ice (2010/2011-2015/2016): +2
The Oilers 5v5 goal differential with Taylor Hall off the ice (2010/2011-2015/2016): -152

You've still never answered this question. If Hall had some many shortcomings that erased his positive offensive contributions, why was the team so much better with him on the ice than off? You'd think if he was so poor defensively the team would be outscored with him playing no?

Reactions: PGW and Aerrol

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
I think honestly this has now officially moved into the biggest **** up this franchise has made since trading Gretzky in '88.

you can't understand because you refuse to believe he was a problem and an issue when he was here. If you can get over that mental hurdle you will see how completely logical the trade was. You cannot continue to keep a player that was a problem for your team on and off ice.

it had less to do with making room for looch and more addition by subtraction with hall.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
you can't understand because you refuse to believe he was a problem and an issue when he was here. If you can get over that mental hurdle you will see how completely logical the trade was. You cannot continue to keep a player that was a problem for your team on and off ice.

it had less to do with making room for looch and more addition by subtraction with hall.
You sound like a flat-earther.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
The Oilers 5v5 goal differential with Taylor Hall on the ice (2010/2011-2015/2016): +2
The Oilers 5v5 goal differential with Taylor Hall off the ice (2010/2011-2015/2016): -152

You've still never answered this question. If Hall had some many shortcomings that erased his positive offensive contributions, why was the team so much better with him on the ice than off? You'd think if he was so poor defensively the team would be outscored with him playing no?

a fallacy. numbers fool people. i don't base whether or not he was a pos or neg on and or off ice by numbers. there are a lot of things a player can do to negatively affect team cohesion, whether or not the team plays the right way aka buy in (esp if you are one of the better players on the team), team confidence etc etc.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
You sound like a flat-earther.
please explain all the things said about hall by dreger, ference, shero, hynes, klef, kassian, belanger, eakins, other gms and execs and media types etc etc over the years. it's nowhere near a one off thing with hall. he was a problem here. it's those who choose to ignore that that are the "flat-earthers".

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
a fallacy. numbers fool people. i don't base whether or not he was a pos or neg on and or off ice by numbers. there are a lot of things a player can do to negatively affect team cohesion, whether or not the team plays the right way aka buy in (esp if you are one of the better players on the team), team confidence etc etc.

And where do team cohesion, playing the right way, buy-in, confidence etc show up on the scoreboard? Because I'm pretty sure the only thing they count are goals which are numbers.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
And where do team cohesion, playing the right way, buy-in, confidence etc show up on the scoreboard? Because I'm pretty sure the only thing they count are goals which are numbers.

it affects how the team and the players play with one another and will affect the scoreboard as a result. how do you get to the goals on the scoreboard? it comes in many immeasurable ways. does your better player play the right way and set an proper example? do you have trust a teammate will be in a spot he's supposed to be and not be cheating? does your teammates stand up for one another? team cohesion makes a huge difference in how well the players efficiently move the puck around. proper practicing also is huge in affecting that. hall was not a good or coachable player. he more wanted to try and bust through 3-4 guys with his terribly unskilled toe drags.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
it affects how the team and the players play with one another and will affect the scoreboard as a result. how do you get to the goals on the scoreboard? it comes in many immeasurable ways. does your better player play the right way and set an proper example? do you have trust a teammate will be in a spot he's supposed to be and not be cheating? does your teammates stand up for one another? team cohesion makes a huge difference in how well the players efficiently move the puck around. proper practicing also is huge in affecting that. hall was not a good or coachable player. he more wanted to try and bust through 3-4 guys with his terribly unskilled toe drags.

So in your opinion, all the stuff you can't measure is more important than stuff you can like goals for/against.

It's not Hall's fault the team was dog **t when he was on the bench.

Reactions: Aerrol

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Yeah, numbers fool people. I guess Hall outscoring the other team when he was on the ice is meaningless.
please explain all the things said about hall by dreger, ference, shero, hynes, klef, kassian, belanger, eakins, other gms and execs and media types etc etc over the years. it's nowhere near a one off thing with hall. he was a problem here. it's those who choose to ignore that that are the "flat-earthers".
Dreger is a hack who spews a lot of BS about the Oilers and is always proven wrong. Ference never called Hall out and he himself was a major part of why those teams were garbage. Shero and Hynes have had nothing but praise for Hall, as have his teammates. Klefbom clarified later that he misspoke/was mistranslated. Kassian is an idiot. Belanger never said a word about Hall and I know for a fact that while Belanger was playing for the Oilers he was bashing the team/organization as I personally heard him do it. Eakins likewise never said anything negative about Hall and the only conflict they had was during a blowout game when tensions were high. Eakins publicly supported Hall to make the Olympic team and expressed his disappointment after.

The only two guys in that list who have said anything negative about Hall are Klefbom and Kassian. Klefbom retracted his statement later and it's far more likely that Kassian was the problem on that Windsor team, not Hall, considering Hall kept in touch with his Spitfire teammates after he was drafted and Kassian didn't.

I've personally heard from a player who played with Hall here who had nothing but positive things to say about him. The fact that him and McDavid are still friends backs up that he was a good teammates.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Who gives a shit what he has to say about Hall. All HK does is recycle his garbage about Hall on a regular basis. You would think his obsession at this point is flat out unhealthy. At the end of the day, we lost that trade and Hall has proven to be a superstar winger in this league. I highly doubt the Hart trophy winner gives a crap about some random guy on HFboards regularly trashing him.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Who gives a **** what he has to say about Hall. All HK does is recycle his garbage about Hall on a regular basis. You would think his obsession at this point is flat out unhealthy. At the end of the day, we lost that trade and Hall has proven to be a superstar winger in this league. I highly doubt the Hart trophy winner gives a crap about some random guy on HFboards regularly trashing him.
I'm pretty sure he's a Chiarelli burner account. Look at his post history lmao.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Hall was a terrific Oiler. I watched basically every game and media availability while he was in town. There were revisionists coming out to support Chia when the trade happened but there was never any truth to this nonsense. Hall was loyal to the oil and played hard and produced. He was also terrific with Draisaitl. Such a great value contract too. He lived with McDavid and got along well. This was always a tragedy from my perspective. It makes it substantially harder for us. HK is utter nonsense and I'm not really sure what could be motivating it.

I stopped posting on here very much after a few of these tremendous blunder moves... my post history will show my views are consistent.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Yeah, numbers fool people. I guess Hall outscoring the other team when he was on the ice is meaningless.

Dreger is a hack who spews a lot of BS about the Oilers and is always proven wrong. Ference never called Hall out and he himself was a major part of why those teams were garbage. Shero and Hynes have had nothing but praise for Hall, as have his teammates. Klefbom clarified later that he misspoke/was mistranslated. Kassian is an idiot. Belanger never said a word about Hall and I know for a fact that while Belanger was playing for the Oilers he was bashing the team/organization as I personally heard him do it. Eakins likewise never said anything negative about Hall and the only conflict they had was during a blowout game when tensions were high. Eakins publicly supported Hall to make the Olympic team and expressed his disappointment after.

The only two guys in that list who have said anything negative about Hall are Klefbom and Kassian. Klefbom retracted his statement later and it's far more likely that Kassian was the problem on that Windsor team, not Hall, considering Hall kept in touch with his Spitfire teammates after he was drafted and Kassian didn't.

I've personally heard from a player who played with Hall here who had nothing but positive things to say about him. The fact that him and McDavid are still friends backs up that he was a good teammates.

right... anyone who has anything bad to say about hall is a hack, idiot or a bad teammate etc. gimme a break. it's like those people who think it's everyone else that has the problems and NEVER looks in the mirror.

and if you can't deduce that ference was alluding to hall with all the criticism then i don't know what to say. he made comments in jan of 2017 when asked about why the oil were doing so well. clear allusion to not having hall around. shero was essentially bashing hall saying he was only a 30 out of 100 player the year before. said he needed to be a better practice player. said he needed to be a better player on the ice and better person off the ice. offered to trade his a$$ out if he didn't want to buy in essentially. he clearly was not a net positive player for his team before this year.

bury our head in the sand and ignore the clear allusions to hall by people trying to be subtle if it makes you feel better. fact is, he was a problem before this year.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Just saw the video of him receiving the award and the clip of Connor watching. I wonder what he was thinking in that moment. He looked a bit pissed to be honest probably thinking of what could've been.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005

Lol. Never change HK. By the way, that is now Hart Trophy winner, National Hockey League Most Valuable Player Taylor Hall you are slagging. How does his di## taste?

Kagomeboy

HF board regular Otaku
Mar 7, 2017
Coquitlam
Lol. Never change HK. By the way, that is now Hart Trophy winner, National Hockey League Most Valuable Player Taylor Hall you are slagging. How does his di## taste?

Sorry HK ,it seems someone can not take an opinion so he has to relay on childish works,

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad