Taylor Hall Thread | MOD Warning in OP

Snipez*

MOD-Since some people seem to want to keep talking about Hall as much or more than they want to talk about the Oilers, this is your thread.
DON'T RUIN OTHER THREADS FOR THOSE OF US THAT HAVE MOVED ON ALREADY! Doing so will result in thread hijacking infractions. If there is any new news about Hall THIS is where it belongs.

On the flip side if you don't want to hear about Hall THEN DON'T OPEN OR JUST IGNORE THIS THREAD!

Don't know where to put this. Hall needs to move on man..

“Just the way everything went down, I still hold a bit of resentment towards them,” said Hall today at the New Jersey Devils training camp.”

http://edmontonjournal.com/sports/h...i-still-hold-a-bitter-resentment-towards-them

Last edited by a moderator:

Klimando Kostani

Sep 17, 2013
Victoria

“Just the way everything went down, I still hold a bit of resentment towards them,” said Hall today at the New Jersey Devils training camp.”

http://edmontonjournal.com/sports/h...i-still-hold-a-bitter-resentment-towards-them

Ever lost a job before? It can be pretty devestating. Though you are right, the best way to get over it is to just get over it. Easier said than done sometimes. Guess the kid really did believe in Edmonton.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

some oliler fans are having trouble moving on

only comment is something that some may not like--nearly every oiler who left the organization either to another nhl team or here in europe has said something along the lines of "Here(the new team) everyone in the room is equal. No Special treatment." It was when Petry said that in montreal that I realy started to think that part of the problem in Edmonton's room was Hall had a sense of entitlement and Chia Pet and Nicholson may have picked up on this and one reason Hall was moved was to send a message "no one should have a sense of entitlement" Nothing against Hall--but he was given the keys to the team before he earned it--feel free to flame away

North

Jun 25, 2009
Ever lost a job before? It can be pretty devestating. Though you are right, the best way to get over it is to just get over it. Easier said than done sometimes. Guess the kid really did believe in Edmonton.

Technically he still has his job, he's just working out of a different office.

I get he's upset but he's had time to digest it and move on.

It reeks of immaturity to hold on to a grudge like this considering it sounds like Chiarelli told him in person and made it clear in the press conference that he tried to get New Jersey to agree to a different deal.

Must feel good to be New Jersey and see how "excited" Hall is to be on their team.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary

Hall didn't lose a job, he got transferred. His job is the same.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Hall didn't lose a job, he got transferred. His job is the same.

Can you imagine if your boss transferred you to New Jersey and you weren't allowed to quit and get another job in North America.

That would be clownshoes.

Then again Hall is a millionaire who mailed it in at an obscene rate.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Can you imagine if your boss transferred you to New Jersey and you weren't allowed to quit and get another job in North America.

I mean in the grand scheme of things Jersey is a lot closer to winning than the Oilers are. Jersey is also not that far away from NYC, which for my money is the single most fascinating city on the entire continent.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I mean in the grand scheme of things Jersey is a lot closer to winning than the Oilers are. Jersey is also not that far away from NYC, which for my money is the single most fascinating city on the entire continent.

You make it sound like they have some lavish gentleman's club for millionaires who choke hobos

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
You make it sound like they have some lavish gentleman's club for millionaires who choke hobos

Well I've never seen a million dollars in my life and probably never will, let alone 6 million but Hall is pretty set financially and could live wherever he chooses. I mean yeah Jersey isn't the greatest destination but it's not like he got deported to Columbus or Arizona.

It's also a bit insulting to the Devils to talk about the Oilers like that. Like, yeah I get that you're not happy with the trade but get over it and focus on being a current Devil instead of a former Oiler.

Young Lions*

May 27, 2015

only comment is something that some may not like--nearly every oiler who left the organization either to another nhl team or here in europe has said something along the lines of "Here(the new team) everyone in the room is equal. No Special treatment." It was when Petry said that in montreal that I realy started to think that part of the problem in Edmonton's room was Hall had a sense of entitlement and Chia Pet and Nicholson may have picked up on this and one reason Hall was moved was to send a message "no one should have a sense of entitlement" Nothing against Hall--but he was given the keys to the team before he earned it--feel free to flame away

Except they're doing the same thing with McDavid so...

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Well I've never seen a million dollars in my life and probably never will, let alone 6 million but Hall is pretty set financially and could live wherever he chooses. I mean yeah Jersey isn't the greatest destination but it's not like he got deported to Columbus or Arizona.

It's also a bit insulting to the Devils to talk about the Oilers like that. Like, yeah I get that you're not happy with the trade but get over it and focus on being a current Devil instead of a former Oiler.

This. The more you complain or talk about disappointment the more your new team and fans have to question you. I remember the disappointment Lubo had when coming here. It was kind of a one off comment, but one I never really heard before and one that had me question where his heart really is.

At the same time, I question why Hall is doing so many interviews where this comes up.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005

If I was told this could be a possibility when I was hired on and I got an additional 0 in my pay cheque for it then I would just take the transfer as part of the business.

Hall is an emotional guy and it shows.. its really nothing negative if he is still feeling bad about the whole thing.. probably blaming himself a little, management and player a little.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
This. The more you complain or talk about disappointment the more your new team and fans have to question you. I remember the disappointment Lubo had when coming here. It was kind of a one off comment, but one I never really heard before and one that had me question where his heart really is.

At the same time, I question why Hall is doing so many interviews where this comes up.

He hasnt played any games since being traded so what else are reporters suppose to ask him\Subban and Weber? Its going to come up every time until these guys have something else to talk about.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary

He's an emotional guy and I believe him when he says he thought we were close to turning it around... (I believe that he really thought that, not the actual sentiment) But the trade happened months ago. The Devils are lucky to have him and he should feel lucky to be a Devil. Not a sexy team by any stretch but they've got a damn good goalie and could make some noise if he really turns it up.

Young Lions*

May 27, 2015

Yeah, I can't imagine why that question would keep coming up at this stage since so many seasons have passed since the trade. :sarcasm:

This is what I liked about Hall, he always wore his heart on his sleeve and doesn't go in for the same canned platitudes other hockey players do. He wanted to win here, that much is obvious (well, obvious to most) and got screwed by a succession of terrible managers. Hope he has a chance to go to a real franchise some day while he still has some gas in the tank and not a perennial loser like Edmonton or an irrelevant backwater like Jersey.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada

Alls I'm saying is I don't want to live in New Jersey

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005

NJ has some really nice and upscale areas, also anyone whos has lived in edm shouldnt be down playing anywhere else in NA to live.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010

Too much smoke around Hall to not believe some of it to be true. This is not to say that I'm very thankful for his years and service as an Oiler.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary

Having been there, there are definitely places you don't want to go (around the arena being one of them) but there are a lot of nice places to visit there, and the Eastern States as a whole are very close together and you could go to many places in the off-season.

Young Lions*

May 27, 2015
Having been there, there are definitely places you don't want to go (around the arena being one of them) but there are a lot of nice places to visit there, and the Eastern States as a whole are very close together and you could go to many places in the off-season.

I love that the best thing people have to say about New Jersey is that its close to other, better places. :laugh:

There's also the fact that the team itself is going nowhere and no one particularly cares about them anyway.

fancy dan

too many losing
Jun 21, 2011
Hall's gonna be even more bitter when we start our stanley cup dynasty.

in 2045

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I mean in the grand scheme of things Jersey is a lot closer to winning than the Oilers are.

I disagree. The Devils were not a team deep in defense even before the Larsson trade. It was a Greene-Larsson pairing and then a lot of sheltered players. Hall helps their forward core, but he's the only elite player up front. Schneider is a great goalie but Talbot is pretty good himself.

I bet the real stinger for Hall in this one is that he got traded just as our team was about to improve. We'll see how the season goes, but we have a generational talent, and we've improved the team big time this offseason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad