Taylor Hall Thread | MOD Warning in OP

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
No, that look was "the only reason you won is because my team didn't make the playoffs". McDavid wins the Hart with ease if the Oilers make the playoffs. That's why this award is a bit tainted. To me the Lindsay is a more prestigious award to win anyways as it's voted on by your fellow players, not a bunch of media hacks.

I agree. the lindsay is more prestigious. The Hart is voted on by a lot of fluffy fools who base things on numbers. I can guarantee you Hall would not win it if Gms or coaches or players voted on it. A lot of these voters know maybe only slightly more about hockey than the avg hf poster.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
The Oilers really blew it by not working with him to help him achieve his full potential and throwing him overboard.

no. it just wasn't going to happen here for hall. he needed the slap upside the head with the trade/tongue lashing to FINALLY get it.... for now.

Reactions: oilers'72

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Kessel is a lot more consistent than Hall...10 straight 20+ goal seasons, six 30+ goal seasons, one 70 point season, two 80+ point seasons, one 90+ point season
Hall had his first 30 goal season and just his 2nd 70+ point season

if you look back in this thread, I said I'll concede Hall is "elite" if he repeats another PPG season

yup, hall may have won the hart but i bet you the vast majority of players, coaches, gms will still consider kessel a better player.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
I can tell you that having neither is definitely not better. We have the ****tiest wings in the league now.

yes, we need to upgrade the wing. heck i said this in the summer of 2017. but hall was not and never the answer for THIS team. if he stayed he likely would have continued to be the negative presence he was and any "good" he would have provided offensively would be undone by his attitude, lack of team first play and immaturity etc. heck even his current GM alluded to as much recently.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Kessel is a lot more consistent than Hall...10 straight 20+ goal seasons, six 30+ goal seasons, one 70 point season, two 80+ point seasons, one 90+ point season
Hall had his first 30 goal season and just his 2nd 70+ point season

Kessel's a better goal scorer, sure, but his career to the same point as Hall's looks very similar: two 80+point seasons but otherwise in the 50-60 point range (with Kessel playing more games).

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
yes, we need to upgrade the wing. heck i said this in the summer of 2017. but hall was not and never the answer for THIS team. if he stayed he likely would have continued to be the negative presence he was and any "good" he would have provided offensively would be undone by his attitude, lack of team first play and immaturity etc. heck even his current GM alluded to as much recently.

yes lets trust the baffoon who traded him for dimes on the dollar

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
LMAO, HK, I would love for you to explain about how Lucic (and his so called high ass character) asked for a trade, and yet Taylor Hall never asked for one after his years of losing in Edmonton has Hall having such problems as a person.

Pretty laughable that you tried to use McDavid's expression during Hall's hart speech. You're as clueless as the leaf fans and TSN morons that tried to paint a 'McDavid's not happy based on his facial expression' when the Oilers won the lottery.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
LMAO, HK, I would love for you to explain about how Lucic (and his so called high ass character) asked for a trade, and yet Taylor Hall never asked for one after his years of losing in Edmonton has Hall having such problems as a person.

Pretty laughable that you tried to use McDavid's expression during Hall's hart speech. You're as clueless as the leaf fans and TSN morons that tried to paint a 'McDavid's not happy based on his facial expression' when the Oilers won the lottery.

Reactions: Jamin and McAsuno

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
He had two PPG+ seasons in Edmonton prior to New Jersey, he likely will have several more PPG+ years in his career, you guys are lying to yourselves if you think that isn't the case.
Nope. Nope. He has to do it every year to get the recognition from tkachev etc.

Reactions: frag2 and Aerrol

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
no. it just wasn't going to happen here for hall. he needed the slap upside the head with the trade/tongue lashing to FINALLY get it.... for now.

Yeah management here is lousy at developing young players and has been for a long time. Chia is carrying on that fine tradition.

Reactions: Aerrol

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
I just don't f***ing understand some Oilers fans. If Chiarelli traded McDavid for Brooks f***ing Orpik tomorrow, I guarantee there would be posters coming out of the woodwork with statements like "he never committed to Edmonton anyways - did you see his face on draft day?"

CAN'T WE JUST ACCEPT THAT TAYLOR HALL WAS PHENOMENAL FOR US AND HE DESERVED BETTER? I can't believe that's somehow a goddamn controversial statement even if you're Larsson's biggest f***ing fan on the planet. Hall busted his ass for us, was the only reason to watch the team for YEARS. HOW ARE PEOPLE STILL SLAGGING ON HIM AFTER A HART WIN!?!?

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
Well that's the thing, isn't it? If my aunt had nuts...

Despite McDavid's best efforts the Oilers weren't even close to the playoffs. McDavid should glare daggers at Chiarelli.
Maybe missing my point slightly. McDavid deserved the Hart this season. The only reason he didn't get it is because of the team. He is still more deserving than Hall in my opinion.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Maybe missing my point slightly. McDavid deserved the Hart this season. The only reason he didn't get it is because of the team. He is still more deserving than Hall in my opinion.

Only reason why he didn't win or get nominated, because the PHWA still lives under a rock. That being said, it makes Chiarelli look much more of a moron trading a Hart winner who never wanted to be traded in the first place. Imagine having the Art Ross, Ted Lindsay winner, and Hart winners from last year and this year on the same team. Too bad.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
The double standard and hypocrisy on these two players on this board really is something.

RNH scoring 48 points this year is an incredible season for him, Hall scoring 53 last year was horrendous apparently, they both had about the same PPG.

Why you continually trying to put down RNH in a Hall thread? It’s getting rather pathetic.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Why you continually trying to put down RNH in a Hall thread? It’s getting rather pathetic.

He's not putting down RNH, he's pointing out what he sees as a double standard in how they are treated. I mean, I know this because he said so.

It's not his fault the facts show RNH at his very best isn't as good as Hall at his worst and I say that as someone who is a big Nuge fan.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017

well, i never claimed lucic to have been a good signing. heck i didn't think he was good at all in his first year here. don't think i ever said looch was for sure a great character guy.

just because you don't ask for a trade doesn't mean you have good character. hall got comfortable here. he got lazy in many ways and entitled. he needed to move on to develop and change as a player and person. was never going to happen here.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Yeah management here is lousy at developing young players and has been for a long time. Chia is carrying on that fine tradition.

probably part of it and part of it was on hall too though. time will tell how long this "new" hall will stick around or if he'll revert a bit back to the old ways.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad