Player Discussion Taylor Hall II

Status
Not open for further replies.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I don't usually think much about single plays the day after a game, but I watched the replay of Hall's goal last night on several different occasions today just to remind myself how excited I am that the Bs have a legit second line heading into the playoffs. I was very skeptical of bringing Hall to the Bs since I thought it would cost a 1st round pick and since I didn't think he would make a huge turnaround after playing completely disinterested hockey most of the season. Glad I was wrong on both counts. Hall is playing in all three zones like he did in his peak years, and making some pretty elite plays to go along with it.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
He’s not getting more than the first line guys

If you pay attention to Cap Friendly many of the teams are screwed

Anaheim could not trade Rakell & Manson because teams that wanted them didn’t have space

there is a reason why Flyers put Gostisbehere on waivers hoping for cap relief

Teams won’t have trouble to pay 6M for Hall, after his stint in Boston there’s going to be a good list of teams after him.

So better get him signed and not lowball him and lose him. If they lose him it’s really looking pretty rough for the near future. There’s no high end kids jumping from the prospect pool

Going off of percentages Bergerons contract would be 8.12 mill while Marchand would be 6.6 mill.

6Mx 5 would be a dream today, that’s money average to good UFA guys got in 2016, would go over 6M in money but not really in term

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
If he has a good playoff will Seattle offer him a big deal when they have the small window if time to sign him?

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
I gotta say it’s funny how often every one here trashes Jeremy Jacobs and Harry Sinden, and rightfully so, for costing us a cup with their cheap ways and for not paying anyone more than Bourque then as soon as we found a legit awesome fit for the second line after years of striking out and and every other post is “ can’t pay him more than the first line!”

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I gotta say it’s funny how often every one here trashes Jeremy Jacobs and Harry Sinden, and rightfully so, for costing us a cup with their cheap ways and for not paying anyone more than Bourque then as soon as we found a legit awesome fit for the second line after years of striking out and and every other post is “ can’t pay him more than the first line!”
Do whatever it takes to keep quality players like Taylor Hall on the Bruins. Period.

Reactions: Afam

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Fantastic article on Hall in the Athletic. Really makes me believe he gets it and will stay here, even for less money..was interesting that Krejci is the first RH center he's really played with. Also, he's picking up the little things from Marchand and wants to be more like him. The article also mentioned no way he gets more than Marchand on a contract, so that's what I was saying earlier as well, he will have a chance to stay here, but will he?

Last edited:

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Last edited:
Reactions: chizzler

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I think it's a good move from Cam, actually. It lets Hall know that he's wanted, that he's seen as more than a deadline rental. Not that it could not have been said privately, but it certainly doesn't hurt anything to put it out there in the public sphere.
I just think it could be done privately so that Hall can focus on the playoff run and performing to expectations when he doesn’t have a whole lot of playoff experience. I guess why raise the expectations now? But I’m sure he was made aware of it privately long ago, probably when he was acquired at the deadline.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Teams won’t have trouble to pay 6M for Hall, after his stint in Boston there’s going to be a good list of teams after him.

So better get him signed and not lowball him and lose him. If they lose him it’s really looking pretty rough for the near future. There’s no high end kids jumping from the prospect pool

6Mx 5 would be a dream today, that’s money average to good UFA guys got in 2016, would go over 6M in money but not really in term
I would figure 4/26 of 5/33 something like that

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Please sign him to an expensive long term deal.

Every team deserves a resident dog effer.

We've got Skinner, you can have Hall.

And yes, he's scoring now; who wouldn't on that line?

His indifferent play, and his approach in Buffalo contributed to the mess he describes.

Disappointing player, disappointing person.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

His indifferent play, and his approach in Buffalo contributed to the mess he describes.

Anyone smell grapes?

like, really sour grapes?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

who wouldn’t on that line? Just about everybody we’ve tried there since Horton/Lucic. Eriksson had a good year once.

I get the frustration with him from Sabres fans but that’s what happens when you bring talented guys into a losing culture. And what we are seeing now is what happens when you bring talented guys into a winning culture.

guys been FAR from indifferent here. It’s because it’s hockey that actually matters I reckon

Bjork and a 2nd isn’t bad- you signed a free agent and flipped him in a handful of months. Free young assets. Well it’s technically not free, but in a sense it kinda is For the Sabres since having Hall for the rest of the season provided zero value to them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad