Player Discussion Taylor Hall II

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
@KrejciMVP

I wouldn’t be surprised if neither party is interested in signing a deal at the moment. Hall has been feeling it since he stepped onto the ice with Krejci and Smith, and shows no sign of slowing down in terms of production. Those points do something for his value but any kind of similar performance in the playoffs is going to push his value to the next level. From the FO perspective, they’ve hit a grand slam so far but ultimately he’s here for a playoff run. They want to see what he can do when the pressure is highest.

I think I said 6.5 AAV in another thread, but I think it’s 7 AAV at this point if he signs for friendly term like 3-4 years. I think any sort of 5+ year deal at 7 or above would be difficult to swallow unless he’s well over PPG on this run in the playoffs. I think he wants a second line/non-starring role and that has to come into consideration on negotiations.

Reactions: inactive user

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
@KrejciMVP

I wouldn’t be surprised if neither party is interested in signing a deal at the moment. Hall has been feeling it since he stepped onto the ice with Krejci and Smith, and shows no sign of slowing down in terms of production. Those points do something for his value but any kind of similar performance in the playoffs is going to push his value to the next level. From the FO perspective, they’ve hit a grand slam so far but ultimately he’s here for a playoff run. They want to see what he can do when the pressure is highest.

I think I said 6.5 AAV in another thread, but I think it’s 7 AAV at this point if he signs for friendly term like 3-4 years. I think any sort of 5+ year deal at 7 or above would be difficult to swallow unless he’s well over PPG on this run in the playoffs. I think he wants a second line/non-starring role and that has to come into consideration on negotiations.

I think we should sign the hall type players. He makes the line elite and I don't want save a million or so by signing a player not in his league who won't come close to his production. How much money has been wasted on players who aren't close to that level? Im not expecting well over PPG in the playoffs either to make that decision

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If Krejci leaves for Columbus do we even bother signing Hall? No one can really center him on the roster. May be time to rebuild

Dreger on Insider Trading reports there is belief Jarmo Kekäläinen will try his best to acquire a top level centre in the offseason to try and help Patrik Laine. #CBJ

Laine - Krejci

outstanding

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
If Krejci leaves for Columbus do we even bother signing Hall? No one can really center him on the roster. May be time to rebuild

Dreger on Insider Trading reports there is belief Jarmo Kekäläinen will try his best to acquire a top level centre in the offseason to try and help Patrik Laine. #CBJ

Laine - Krejci

outstanding

Krejci is likely going nowhere, even if he does Hall is a must sign.

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA

Laine - Krejci

outstanding
Yes, you re-sign Hall and then hope Barkov makes it to FA in the summer of 2022.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

Laine - Krejci

outstanding

Hall-Studnicka-Senyshyn 2022

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

Laine - Krejci

outstanding

Someone go find Krejci's kids and ask them how much they like zoos. Personally, I'm more of an aquarium guy myself, but to each his own.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa

Laine - Krejci

outstanding
I can't imagine Krejci leaving, but it would definitely require us reconsidering our options. With the top line we have along with our D I'm not sure we would be in a position to rebuild anyway. It might be worth keeping Hall and trying to find a C to play with him, probably trade one of our young D in a package for the best young center we could get. I could see trading Carlo or Lauzon for a C in that situation, which is not something I want to do but it's probably a move we would have to make, either that or not sign Hall and trade off a couple more forwards for picks. If Krejci decides to go somewhere else we would really need to explore our options.

Reactions: inactive user

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Someone go find Krejci's kids and ask them how much they like zoos. Personally, I'm more of an aquarium guy myself, but to each his own.
Horton went there for the white picket fence and school systems

Krejci can get all that and Patrik Laine who’s younger then Hall and since he doesn’t back check all that much will make it easier for Krejci to know where he is

Reactions: Agent86

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Horton went there for the white picket fence and school systems

Krejci can get all that and Patrik Laine who’s younger then Hall and since he doesn’t back check all that much will make it easier for Krejci to know where he is

I could see Krejci choosing a team in FL. Much warmer than boring Ohio but I think Boston is a good place and he'll stay there as long as they keep Taylor "Mike Bossy" Hall

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Why do you say this Dan?
That’s a Claude reference ~ but I listened to Nick Kyprios podcast with Doug MacLean and when discussing the Jake DeBrusk struggles brought up the lack of development of guys like Frederic & Studnicka and it didn’t take a tree surgeon to know this was directed at Cassidy - agree @Saxon Eric

Reactions: Saxon Eric

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I could see Krejci choosing a team in FL. Much warmer than boring Ohio but I think Boston is a good place and he'll stay there as long as they keep Taylor "Mike Bossy" Hall
I expect Krejci back but if a guy like jarmo tossed 2/15 at Krejci, Boston has a decision

Coyle next center up and everyone can cry about Barzal but he ain’t magically appearing in a Bruins uniform and time to move on

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020

Laine - Krejci

outstanding
Laine is really, really bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad