Player Discussion Taylor Hall II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005
I don't recall how far along the Bruins and Hall got in negotiations before he signed with Buffalo, but if they talked money and term, both sides know where they stand and it might not deviate much. It sounded like both were comfortable with where they were, except for Hall waiting for Boston to clear space.

Reactions: StrBender and BMC

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Taylor Hall since coming to Boston has 8G/6A in 16 games. Over an 82 game season that's good for 41G/31A :eek:
vzvb8q1yphy61.jpg

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
He’s not getting a million more then Marchand - he and Krejci will be in 6’s

they all will be in that area

I’ve done some thinking of the 2021-2026 Bruins: Bergeron, Pastrnak, Hall, Krejci, Marchand, Rask, Swayman, Grzelcyk, Carlo, Grzelcyk

I expect 2 Cups
Still waiting for the first one you promised us. One this year will do the trick!

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
I absolutely love his game. I love the way he skates, the way he stick handles, the way he uses his strength, the fearlessness, the hockey IQ, the passing, shooting, all of it. This kid has a swagger on the ice that I haven't seen in a long time. Please lock him up and don't let him slip away. Get him long term and I may just buy myself a Hall jersey.

Reactions: SoldiersOfFilth

ylekot

Still evaluating..
Feb 2, 2010
Paxton Massachusetts
What's with these guys and their dogmatic pronouncements? Do they think that get more cred by being emphatic? Why not just say "The way things have gone for Hall lately, I wouldn't be surprised if Curtis Lazar ends up being the better acquisition." I mean, how hard is it to do that? (and yes it's Murph and I know he is not averse to self-inflicted wounds, but still)
"Book it"... what a clown

Reactions: Dr Hook

prizminferno

Feb 14, 2019
The last 2 of a 5 year deal will be brutal because we'll probably be balls deep in a rebuild but extending the window 3 years sounds pretty good. And they can probably get something for him at the deadline in year 4.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I’m sure Vegas, Colorado etc will be hoping Hall reaches UFA & would make a pitch, as he’d be a good fit with either team.

It’s simple, in Boston Hall is a cog in the wheel. He can look ahead and play the next 3-4 years with Bergeron & Krejci, and likely longer with Marchand Pastrnak McAvoy Swayman etc.

Where does Vegas find the money to sign the biggest UFA every season?

Also Hall should not be Colorados priority with Mackinnon, Makar, Landeskog, Kadri, Byram, Saad, all their goalie contracts waiting in the next 1-2 years

I can't see the Bruins paying Hall over 6 tbh.... he's older, has had chronic injuries... he's proven he needs a very good cast around him to even compete for a title....plus you have GM's that said they wouldn't take him... I mean the Caps or Vegas could make a nice fit, just don't think that kind of money is there. he would need to win a Conn Smythe for teams to even consider 6.5 over 5 or 6 IMO.

6M is money average players can get today.

If you’re not willing to pay Hall 6+ we are not going to see talent in Boston for some time

Reactions: Oates2Neely

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Where does Vegas find the money to sign the biggest UFA every season?

Also Hall should not be Colorados priority with Mackinnon, Makar, Landeskog, Kadri, Byram, Saad, all their goalie contracts waiting in the next 1-2 years

6M is money average players can get today.

If you’re not willing to pay Hall 6+ we are not going to see talent in Boston for some time

ok bye Taylor. You want a other Backes situation? Pasta and McAvoy getting 20+ combined

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
ok bye Taylor. You want a other Backes situation? Pasta and McAvoy getting 20+ combined

So start rebuilding after this season then.

Hall is a superior player to 32y Backes.
The term is the key with Hall.

But seriously if 6M is too much for Hall sell everybody and tank for cheap quality contracts.

Superstar money is 10-12M these days.
The comps to old contracts like Marchand and Bergeron drive me crazy, they were signed years ago

Reactions: Oates2Neely

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
So start rebuilding after this season then.

Hall is a superior player to 32y Backes.
The term is the key with Hall.

But seriously if 6M is too much for Hall sell everybody and tank for cheap quality contracts.

Superstar money is 10-12M these days.
The comps to old contracts like Marchand and Bergeron drive me crazy, they were signed years ago
Going off of percentages Bergerons contract would be 8.12 mill while Marchand would be 6.6 mill.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Can't see him getting more than Marchand or Pasta, he's not as good.

5/5.8 per is max I think they offer.

Fantastic point on the window, it pushes it even further with the top 6 locked in.... Need Rask to sign on as well IMO.

5,75-6,25 is the target.

Hall makes this team so much better. No other team has 3 top wingers like Marchand-Pasta-Hall.

I think Bruins are able to get Rask, Hall and Krejci for 18-19M for next year.

Hall 31,25M/5y
Krejci 6M/1y or 11M/2y
Rask 6M/1M

Figure out the rest afterwards and go for another Cup

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
The last 2 of a 5 year deal will be brutal because we'll probably be balls deep in a rebuild but extending the window 3 years sounds pretty good. And they can probably get something for him at the deadline in year 4.
This isn’t baseball. Can’t happen!
The ‘Lazar being better than Hall’ I am fine with from Murphy, but stealing Don Godfather signature ‘book it’ is lame
This guy is so lame, can’t believe people follow him.
I don't recall how far along the Bruins and Hall got in negotiations before he signed with Buffalo, but if they talked money and term, both sides know where they stand and it might not deviate much. It sounded like both were comfortable with where they were, except for Hall waiting for Boston to clear space.
Things have changed, but at least they have had dialogue. Just remember, like someone here just wrote, he will be looking to see who his center will be. So basically, it’s a two player signing.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Imo it is going to take 7 x 7 . I standby my initial guess

If the Bruins start off at 6m per at 4 or 5 years

and Hall and agent want 8m per x 5 or 6 years

Just come to the middle and lockup a 7 x 7

Sign Krejci to a 2 year 10m dollar extension. He owes the team a hometown discount

Sign Carlo and backup goalie for Swaydog

this should be the priority for the offseason imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad