Player Discussion Taylor Hall II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furio

you got a bee on your hat
Nov 20, 2018
Naples
Well, that aged well.

How can one be so wrong, so often, yet consistently maintain a platform allowing them a revenue stream?

I’m not even mad, just confused and a bit jealous.

He’s essentially a weatherman in the Sahara, forecasting snow on a nightly basis.

Reactions: Afam

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Imo it is going to take 7 x 7 . I standby my initial guess

If the Bruins start off at 6m per at 4 or 5 years

and Hall and agent want 8m per x 5 or 6 years

Just come to the middle and lockup a 7 x 7

Sign Krejci to a 2 year 10m dollar extension. He owes the team a hometown discount

Sign Carlo and backup goalie for Swaydog

this should be the priority for the offseason imo
No way 7 years. Sweeney will not give him that term. While I’m still it, no other team will.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
So start rebuilding after this season then.

Hall is a superior player to 32y Backes.
The term is the key with Hall.

But seriously if 6M is too much for Hall sell everybody and tank for cheap quality contracts.

Superstar money is 10-12M these days.
The comps to old contracts like Marchand and Bergeron drive me crazy, they were signed years ago
He’s not getting more than the first line guys

If you pay attention to Cap Friendly many of the teams are screwed

Anaheim could not trade Rakell & Manson because teams that wanted them didn’t have space

there is a reason why Flyers put Gostisbehere on waivers hoping for cap relief

Reactions: inactive user

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
No way 7 years. Sweeney will not give him that term. While I’m still it, no other team will.

he is looking like more than a 7m a year player

you have to throw out the past

Hall is a world class talent

A team like Vegas or Stars for example can throw that money his way

I don't know for sure if these teams can, but its not only the bottom feeders that will throw money his way

Forget about what Marchand and Bergeron make. It shouldn't have a limiting factor as to what Hall can expect in the open market

They were deals signed eons ago also

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
How can one be so wrong, so often, yet consistently maintain a platform allowing them a revenue stream?

He’s essentially a weatherman in the Sahara, forecasting snow on a nightly basis.
I think Murphy is playing everyone - he’s so off I think it’s an act. We are talking about him. He’s been around to long to know this little about hockey. Sly like a Fox

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006

I don't know for sure if these teams can, but its not only the bottom feeders that will throw money his way

Forget about what Marchand and Bergeron make. It shouldn't have a limiting factor as to what Hall can expect in the open market

Don’t forget that guy in Buffalo, had a great year and then poof!

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I think Murphy is playing everyone - he’s so off I think it’s an act. We are talking about him. He’s been around to long to know this little about hockey. Sly like a Fox
We’re talking about him here, not clicking on his stupid site. Never have.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Dallas is screwed - I looked over their cap situation and contracts they have and they got issues before even thinking of Hall

no way they can sign him unless someone takes Seguin or Benn and even that they got serious big RFA coming up they are going to scramble

Vegas had to give away Schmidt and they need to move Fleury - they are up against it big time

Dallas Stars - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Vegas Golden Knights - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
5,75-6,25 is the target.

Hall makes this team so much better. No other team has 3 top wingers like Marchand-Pasta-Hall.

I think Bruins are able to get Rask, Hall and Krejci for 18-19M for next year.

Hall 31,25M/5y
Krejci 6M/1y or 11M/2y
Rask 6M/1M

Figure out the rest afterwards and go for another Cup

Nothing over 5 years and nothing over 6 mil per and I would be amenable to that, providing he has a play-offs that resemble that of a clutch 2 line player. Doesn't have to be Nathan horton but 2 goals and 4 assts in a seven game series won't cut it

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010

He is an idiot. And I don’t think he can even skate. He is probably just a writer who got hired to do sports because he is somebodys nephew.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Nothing over 5 years and nothing over 6 mil per and I would be amenable to that, providing he has a play-offs that resemble that of a clutch 2 line player. Doesn't have to be Nathan horton but 2 goals and 4 assts in a seven game series won't cut it

you could sign Palmeri for 5m...maybe

not Hall

are we watching the same player??

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Dallas is screwed - I looked over their cap situation and contracts they have and they got issues before even thinking of Hall

no way they can sign him unless someone takes Seguin or Benn and even that they got serious big RFA coming up they are going to scramble

Vegas had to give away Schmidt and they need to move Fleury - they are up against it big time

Dallas Stars - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Vegas Golden Knights - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps
I’ll take seguin. :sarcasm:

Reactions: DKH and rocketdan9

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
you could sign Palmeri for 5m...maybe

not Hall

are we watching the same player??

5/5.8 per is my high.

yes we are watching the same player that was awful stealing 8 mil from the Sabres that finally feels like playing now on a great team trying to earn another deal. The same guy who is on his fourth team in what 16 months? That some GMs don’t even want on their team period.

he’s had a great regular season run here, let’s see if he keeps it up in the playoffs before we hand him a blank check

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
5/5.8 per is my high.

yes we are watching the same player that was awful stealing 8 mil from the Sabres that finally feels like playing now on a great team trying to earn another deal. The same guy who is on his fourth team in what 16 months? That some GMs don’t even want on their team period.

he’s had a great regular season run here, let’s see if he keeps it up in the playoffs before we hand him a blank check

when Moss came to the Pats. all i cared about him scoring TDs

Reactions: CDJ and LouJersey

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Some fans are just willing to die on the “I don’t want Hall he’s an awful teammate because Ryan Whitney said so” hill.

I’m in on THIS Hall. He’s fit perfectly into this lineup. Not only has he fit like a glove but he’s awaken Krejci. 6.5m-ish per is a good deal imo. Kid is not only scoring at a hair under PPG here, but he’s playing a long 200’ game. Anyone knocking him now is just being stubborn not wanting to admit they were totally wrong at the trade deadline.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Some fans are just willing to die on the “I don’t want Hall he’s an awful teammate because Ryan Whitney said so” hill.

I’m in on THIS Hall. He’s fit perfectly into this lineup. Not only has he fit like a glove but he’s awaken Krejci. 6.5m-ish per is a good deal imo. Kid is not only scoring at a hair under PPG here, but he’s playing a long 200’ game. Anyone knocking him now is just being stubborn not wanting to admit they were totally wrong at the trade deadline.

All stuff to worry about after the play-offs and people do change. I'll believe he changed when I see the playoff effort and doing what he needs to do to stay here, but regardless, he is an immense talent who when playing his game is one of the best players in the game, and now has one of the better playmakers that has ever played....Let's hope this keeps up.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore

Vegas has like 4.5 million in space for next year. Unless they move a big money deal out they aren't in the mix for anyone worthwhile.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
All stuff to worry about after the play-offs and people do change. I'll believe he changed when I see the playoff effort and doing what he needs to do to stay here, but regardless, he is an immense talent who when playing his game is one of the best players in the game, and now has one of the better playmakers that has ever played....Let's hope this keeps up.
Fair. I prefer to judge him based on the teammate/ player he is here. Up to now he’s been better than advertised. Other than him saying the right things, I’ve been pleasantly surprised with his two way game. He’s revived the 2nd line. He carries the puck into the zone with authority.

But as you mentioned, what can you do in the playoffs. If he continues this pace into the postseason he deserves the 6.5ish. I’m enjoying watching him play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad