Player Discussion Taylor Hall II

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I think there’s a difference.

No one claimed he was dragging David Backes down.

Also, I think it’s pretty clear that those wanting someone legit to play on his wing were... right all along?

I’ll admit there was a brief period of time this season where I thought Krejci looked pretty bad. And I was a little concerned that maybe this was the year we’ve been fearing, where age catches up to him. And I do think it’s easier for some of the ‘tweeners to play with Coyle who plays less of a heady game and more of a bullish puck control style.

But I believe the vast majority, the incredible 99% of us, have fiercely desired actual top-of-the-roster talent to play with Krejci, because they realize that Krejci is genuine top-of-the-roster talent. “Krejci makes his linemates worse” is nothing more than a desperate strawman.
please don't make me dig up Lonnie and Lou posts from weeks ago :laugh:

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Krejci needs near elite wingers to very good. I mean who doesn’t? Backes wasn’t shot his first year and a half here. I mean Hall evan said in the athletic article Krejci plays well with wingers he likes

Hall was so elite, he had 2 goals and was dumped for a 2nd round pick before the great David Krejci made him elite again. Florida got rid of Horton then DK took him to 2 finals leading the playoffs in scoring twice. I think the days of saddling Krejci with the Kuhlman type players are over.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Hall was so elite, he had 2 goals and was dumped for a 2nd round pick before the great David Krejci made him elite again. Florida got rid of Horton then DK took him to 2 finals leading the playoffs in scoring twice. I think the days of saddling Krejci with the Kuhlman type players are over.

The typical line here is that Krejci hasn't had good wingers since Lucic and Horton.

I tend to think that neither of those guys were as good as Krejci made them look. Horton's shot release was sloooow.

I don't think Krejci has ever truly had 'good' linemates. Though there was a brief time early in his career on a line with Wheeler and Ryder and they were incredible. There was about a two-month period where Krejci led the entire NHL in scoring

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
The typical line here is that Krejci hasn't had good wingers since Lucic and Horton.

I tend to think that neither of those guys were as good as Krejci made them look. Horton's shot release was sloooow.

I don't think Krejci has ever truly had 'good' linemates. Though there was a brief time early in his career on a line with Wheeler and Ryder and they were incredible. There was about a two-month period where Krejci led the entire NHL in scoring

Loui Eriksson (as did Horton) cashed in from playing on Krejci's line never to relevant again after he left it. If Hall does the same I could imagine seeing the same Hall from Buffalo once off Krejci's line.

Reactions: Over the volcano

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Loui Eriksson (as did Horton) cashed in from playing on Krejci's line never to relevant again after he left it. If Hall does the same I could imagine seeing the same Hall from Buffalo once off Krejci's line.

they were both 30 goal guys before they got to Boston, this discussion is revisionist nonsense. They cashed in because they were good hockey players who had produced for pretty much their entire careers up until free agency

It’s great to play with Krejci but this idea that they were irrelevant away from him is laughable. Same goes for Hall in re: to your point.

For the record Horton was only “irrelevant” after leaving Boston because his body gave out on him forcing him to retire. He actually scored at a higher PPG rate his last season in Florida than he did in his first season in Boston (and every subsequent season)

Last edited:

Top Shelf Wrister

Jan 16, 2017

When Blake would stay onside lol

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
they were both 30 goal guys before they got to Boston, this discussion is revisionist nonsense

It’s great to play with Krejci but this idea that they were irrelevant away from him is laughable. Same goes for Hall in re: to your point.

For the record Horton was only “irrelevant” after leaving Boston because his body gave out on him forcing him to retire. He actually scored at a higher PPG rate his last season in Florida than he did in his first season in Boston (and every subsequent season)

Loui was, Horton cashed in in Columbus

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Horton scored at a higher PPG rate his last season in Florida than he did on the Krejci line lol

He cashed in because he was a good hockey player. Krejci benefitted just as much from him as he did from Krejci

ya im not doing this today, have a good one!

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I love Krejci but he's never "made" any winger. Some here make it sound like he's been a poor-mans Mario Lemieux, turning AAAA-level players into 30-40 goal scorers.

Personally I think Krejci plays well and enjoys playing with guys who think the game at a very high level. Lucic doesn't get enough credit IMO for being a smart player because he's big and strong, but he's a smart player. Horton was basically a 25-goal, 35 assist winger the four seasons before arriving in Boston and a 3rd overall pick, broke in as an 18-year old. He was a talented player.

I think that's why Krejci and Hall look so good together. I am actually a little bit surprised as to how good a passer/playmaker Taylor Hall has become. These two think the game at close to it's highest level and are out there feeding off each other. It's been wonderful to watch to be quite honest, enjoy while we can.

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
I love Krejci but he's never "made" any winger. Some here make it sound like he's been a poor-mans Mario Lemieux, turning AAAA-level players into 30-40 goal scorers.

Personally I think Krejci plays well and enjoys playing with guys who think the game at a very high level. Lucic doesn't get enough credit IMO for being a smart player because he's big and strong, but he's a smart player. Horton was basically a 25-goal, 35 assist winger the four seasons before arriving in Boston and a 3rd overall pick, broke in as an 18-year old. He was a talented player.

I think that's why Krejci and Hall look so good together. I am actually a little bit surprised as to how good a passer/playmaker Taylor Hall has become. These two think the game at close to it's highest level and are out there feeding off each other. It's been wonderful to watch to be quite honest, enjoy while we can.

Lucic and Horton were underrated when it came to finding and setting guys up. That's why you couldn't just stick any big forward that wins board battles with Krejci. That size gave them an advantage but Lucic and Horton could think the game like DK. Hall and Smith seem to be able to as well.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Krejci making Taylor Hall is laughable. Look at Krejci's production through his whole career- it didn't matter who he played with, he was consistent scoring points. This was the first season he needed help.

Krejci has 21 points since Hall arrived, taking his ppg to his usual average. I think 6 of his 8 goals were scored after Hall arrived too.

Taylor Hall might be the second or third best offense player on the team behind Pastrnak and Marchand. But it doesn't matter who is better, the Bruins have both and they have amazing chemistry.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Krejci making Taylor Hall is laughable. Look at Krejci's production through his whole career- it didn't matter who he played with, he was consistent scoring points. This was the first season he needed help.

Krejci has 21 points since Hall arrived, taking his ppg to his usual average. I think 6 of his 8 goals were scored after Hall arrived too.

Taylor Hall might be the second or third best offense player on the team behind Pastrnak and Marchand. But it doesn't matter who is better, the Bruins have both and they have amazing chemistry.

he is making taylor hall an elite player again. thats what playmakers do when they get a scorer..go ahead and deny it but put hall with Coyle and youll see a massive dropoff similar to if you stick Krejci with the usual collection of jags the bruins gave him

Last edited:

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
he is making taylor hall an elite player again. thats what playmakers do when they get a scorer..go ahead and deny it but put hall with Coyle and youll see a massive dropoff similar to if you stick Krejci with the usual collection of jags the bruins gave him
I really don’t think that’s true at all. You stick Coyle with Hall and I still feel like Hall would do well because he’s a good player. Stop basing everything on this season with Buffalo. Every other team Taylor Hall has played for he’s done very good.

Reactions: Gordoff

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I really don’t think that’s true at all. You stick Coyle with Hall and I still feel like Hall would do well because he’s a good player. Stop basing everything on this season with Buffalo. Every other team Taylor Hall has played for he’s done very good.

sure hes a good player but with Krejci who is an elite playmaker helps Hall reach his ceiling. Coyle is just not that level of player.

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
sure hes a good player but with Krejci who is an elite playmaker helps Hall reach his ceiling. Coyle is just not that level of player.
Agreed. Krejci is bringing the best out of Hall and it’s showing. He would have less success with Coyle but my point was that he wouldn’t be the player he was in Buffalo even if he were with Coyle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad