Player Discussion Taylor Hall II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Please sign him to an expensive long term deal.

Every team deserves a resident dog effer.

We've got Skinner, you can have Hall.

And yes, he's scoring now; who wouldn't on that line?

His indifferent play, and his approach in Buffalo contributed to the mess he describes.

Disappointing player, disappointing person.
Your excuse for Eichel.

Reactions: JoeBeef15

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
Just a few: Debrusk, Backes, Cehlarik, Bjork, Kuhlman, Kase, Spooner, Griffith, etc etc.
But...but...it’s Krejci’s fault! He makes his line mates worse! Pay no attention to the fact that he was somehow able to help Backes, who sucked here and was washed up, get nearly 20 goals one year and then was on pace for close to 50 points the next year. Heck, he played with DeBrusk the last few years and helped him have a few quality seasons even though he can’t score unless he’s within spitting distance of the net.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
But...but...it’s Krejci’s fault! He makes his line mates worse! Pay no attention to the fact that he was somehow able to help Backes, who sucked here and was washed up, nearly got 20 goals one year and then was on pace for close to 50 points the next year. Heck, he played with DeBrusk the last few years and helped him have a few quality seasons even though he can’t score unless he’s within spitting distance of the net.

Not saying it's Krejcis fault at all... But if you honestly think we are seeing the same David Krejci these last 16 games that we did the last few years you are off your rocker. Clearly the Bruins bringing in a legit winger has him pumped because he looks like an entirely different player.

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
Not saying it's Krejcis fault at all... But if you honestly think we are seeing the same David Krejci these last 16 games that we did the last few years you are off your rocker. Clearly the Bruins bringing in a legit winger has him pumped because he looks like an entirely different player.
My point is that he has been screwed over the last 5-6 years by playing with subpar and/or flawed wingers, due to the mediocre signings, trades, and draft picks made by Sweeney. Prior to Hall, the best winger Krejci has played with during that time has been DeBrusk, who is now in the bottom 6. Nobody has been screwed over more than Krejci. It’s amazing that Krejci was able to produce the number of points that he did, pre Taylor Hall, given the bag of crap that he was playing with.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
But...but...it’s Krejci’s fault! He makes his line mates worse! Pay no attention to the fact that he was somehow able to help Backes, who sucked here and was washed up, get nearly 20 goals one year and then was on pace for close to 50 points the next year. Heck, he played with DeBrusk the last few years and helped him have a few quality seasons even though he can’t score unless he’s within spitting distance of the net.
Hold on a mo’

Who has ever said that Krejci makes his linemates worse?

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
My point is that he has been screwed over the last 5-6 years by playing with subpar and/or flawed wingers, due to the mediocre signings, trades, and draft picks made by Sweeney. Prior to Hall, the best winger Krejci has played with during that time has been DeBrusk, who is now in the bottom 6. Nobody has been screwed over more than Krejci. It’s amazing that Krejci was able to produce the number of points that he did, pre Taylor Hall, given the bag of crap that he was playing with.

LOL, The guys been sleepwalking the last three years. All it took was Hall, a world-class winger to wake him up. Let's hope it continues to a cup.

Reactions: chizzler

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
Fantastic article on Hall in the Athletic. Really makes me believe he gets it and will stay here, even for less money..was interesting that Krejci is the first RH center he's really played with. Also, he's picking up the little things from Marchand and wants to be more like him. The article also mentioned no way he gets more than Marchand on a contract, so that's what I was saying earlier as well, he will have a chance to stay here, but will he?
Would you offer Krejci a deal too? Just to keep them together for another year?

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
This looks like a guy who’s pumped to have a legitimate chance at competing for the cup for the first time ever in his career!
45006BCA-63C6-4638-B9AE-77D6830609A0.jpeg

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Whatever you do, don’t show too much interest and scare him off, Neely.
"We love him. We think he's awesome and will do anything to sign him, unless some other team puts in an offer that we just can't beat. That would probably be $7M that we couldn't do. But we really really want to sign him. If we thought the Kraken wouldn't take them off our hands we'd sign Rask, Krejci, Hall, and Reilly right now, because we love them. Here ..... let me give you a screen shot of our cap situation, and our budget, mapped out against our strategy. Assuming nobody else screws us over we think it will work well. I think you'll find it interesting. Again, though we looooooooove Taylor and will do anything at all to keep him -- he's the Gold Starred player on the strategy chart I just showed you. The one with little fireworks coming off the top and lighting up the sky."

Better?

Come on, it's a frigging media interview in which Neely is no more likely to give a real answer than you are to tell a car dealer what your true top line spend level is. You think Hall is going to read that and think, "Gee Cam seems lukewarm, huh?"?????

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Teams won’t have trouble to pay 6M for Hall, after his stint in Boston there’s going to be a good list of teams after him.

So better get him signed and not lowball him and lose him. If they lose him it’s really looking pretty rough for the near future. There’s no high end kids jumping from the prospect pool

6Mx 5 would be a dream today, that’s money average to good UFA guys got in 2016, would go over 6M in money but not really in term
Well the bottom third of the league may shy away from him considering his season in Buffalo- but teams like Boston, looking for a piece of their puzzle rather than a franchise player (and the expectations that go along with that) would certainly make offers.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Well the bottom third of the league may shy away from him considering his season in Buffalo- but teams like Boston, looking for a piece of their puzzle rather than a franchise player (and the expectations that go along with that) would certainly make offers.
Yeah I think they definitely will, but it will probably be for short term. I think we have to hope he’s being honest when he says he wants to be here, and hopefully we can continue to woo him with a playoff run like he’s never really experienced. That may be enough for him to play ball with Sweeney on a contract.

He very well could use an impressive end of the year and deep playoff run to get his final big contract. If Bruins go deep and Hall is a big part of it I think teams could start getting silly again. We’ll see how it all plays out and what his priorities are.

For now we can enjoy the show! :)

Reactions: inactive user

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019

I get your point and Krejci looks like a different player. But he is not. The evidence is out there, every time Bergeron goes down and Krejci between Pasta Marchand, he plays like this.

At the same time, I don't want to completely disregard how happy Krejci is playing with hall, but that's what he does with good wingers.

For Krejci to slow the game, the pace needs to be fast in the first place, you get that with speedy wingers and in most playoff games as players play more physical, up-tempo hockey and he thinks faster than opposition skates.

The chemistry with Hall is there and unlike Sabres fans predicted, Hall is not hogging the puck. For what it's worth Hall seems to be smarter than he gets credit for, figuring fast to give the puck to Krejci and be ready to get it back. Playoff Krejci will be something Hall might benefit from long term given the difference in playoff success/experience.

Side note: Both can carry the puck into the offensive zone with no effort. You go forecheck on the blue line? Positional pass to striding Hall. You playing 1 on 1 ? give and go over the blue line.. So far it worked like magic.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Hold on a mo’

Who has ever said that Krejci makes his linemates worse?
plenty of people this season were tossing around the idea that "maybe Krejci is the problem" and "we've tried loads of wingers and Krejci doesn't gel with any of them", etc. Is that the same as saying he makes his linemates worse? IDK, but there were definitely regulars here arguing that he was basically difficult to play with because he didn't have chemistry with the likes of Ryan Spooner & David Backes.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Forget who posted it, but it made a ton of sense. When Krejci is flanked 3rd/4th line talent he is responsible for entering the zone, setting guys up and finishing. He cant do it all. Now give him one legit 2nd liner and maybe he doesn't have to enter the zone and can focus on just setting guys up, or just finishing.

All that said I really don't know how Krejci consistently puts up points with wings that don't. But he does, year after year.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
plenty of people this season were tossing around the idea that "maybe Krejci is the problem" and "we've tried loads of wingers and Krejci doesn't gel with any of them", etc. Is that the same as saying he makes his linemates worse? IDK, but there were definitely regulars here arguing that he was basically difficult to play with because he didn't have chemistry with the likes of Ryan Spooner & David Backes.
I think there’s a difference.

No one claimed he was dragging David Backes down.

Also, I think it’s pretty clear that those wanting someone legit to play on his wing were... right all along?

I’ll admit there was a brief period of time this season where I thought Krejci looked pretty bad. And I was a little concerned that maybe this was the year we’ve been fearing, where age catches up to him. And I do think it’s easier for some of the ‘tweeners to play with Coyle who plays less of a heady game and more of a bullish puck control style.

But I believe the vast majority, the incredible 99% of us, have fiercely desired actual top-of-the-roster talent to play with Krejci, because they realize that Krejci is genuine top-of-the-roster talent. “Krejci makes his linemates worse” is nothing more than a desperate strawman.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I think there’s a difference.

No one claimed he was dragging David Backes down.

Also, I think it’s pretty clear that those wanting someone legit to play on his wing were... right all along?

I’ll admit there was a brief period of time this season where I thought Krejci looked pretty bad. And I was a little concerned that maybe this was the year we’ve been fearing, where age catches up to him. And I do think it’s easier for some of the ‘tweeners to play with Coyle who plays less of a heady game and more of a bullish puck control style.

But I believe the vast majority, the incredible 99% of us, have fiercely desired actual top-of-the-roster talent to play with Krejci, because they realize that Krejci is genuine top-of-the-roster talent. “Krejci makes his linemates worse” is nothing more than a desperate strawman.

Pretty much all this. I am in the 99% here. It has been pitiful at times what the Bruins have stuck on that second line hoping for some magic. What I do remember is that some people were making the case that Backes and others were not a good fit for Krejci. I guess you could interpret that as dragging a guy down- I would submit that it worked both ways. A mutual dragging down, but at the end of day, Krejci has deserved and needed a guy like Hall. In all fairness to DK, what would be the point of working your ass off in the o-zone to create something that your linemates are going to do absolutely nothing with, or even be alive to what's on?

Reactions: inactive user
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->