Dreger: Taylor Hall and MTL

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Personally, I don't care if Dreger released this article on Hall might consider Montreal, I'm not a big fan of Dreger at all. Honestly, it's nice to talk about the idea but am I counting on the Alberta boy signing in Quebec? NO, not really.

He spent his teen years in Kingston and Windsor though.

And according to Pierre McGuire, he ate Fruit Loops every weekday morning, and Capn Crunch on Saturdays.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Personally, I don't care if Dreger released this article on Hall might consider Montreal, I'm not a big fan of Dreger at all. Honestly, it's nice to talk about the idea but am I counting on the Alberta boy signing in Quebec? NO, not really.

forget about Dreger here, this is coming from Hall's agent

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
People really don't find our prospects valuable, we will laugh in 3-4 years.

All teams have valuable prospects, but there are different levels of “valuable”. Not sure anyone should be shocked by the fact that a teams fans value their prospects more then other teams fans do. A day in the life on the main boards and it happens with every single team & their prospects.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Habs only interested in a sign and trade deal with Hall. Hall has leverage here, not the Devils. Devils can only hope there are 2 or 3 teams Hall would do the sign and trade with where there is a bit of a bidding war. However, if the Habs are the only team willing to give Hall the money he wants with July signing bonus (lets say 90% paid in July), what do the Devils do?

- Pending UFA return
vs
- Sign and trade return

If the Habs offer more than the pending UFA return several teams would offer and Suzuki is not part of the Habs package, Devils going to trade him for less cause they don't get Suzuki?

Best offer you will get from the Habs for Hall with an extension is.. Tatar, Poehling or Primeau, 2nd. And not even sure we go that high cause that's higher than what the Sens got for Stone.

I think you'll be waiting until July 1.
Brannstrom is better, than every player you listed.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Hall signed for 10.5 x8 for Suzuki, Byron and a 2nd

You can forget KK, Suzuki, Caufield and Romanov already. These guys are off the table.

Does Montreal have the assets it would take to acquire an extended Hall? Not sure what they could offer.... Domi, Suzuki + 2020 1st.

Montreal 1000% have the assets to acquire Hall. Your offer is a total joke. Domi and Suzuki aren’t going the other way in a Hall trade.

landeskog11

Jan 14, 2012
max domi, lehkonen, cole caulfield and a 1st rounder for taylor hall, if he re-signs 2 additional 1st rounders

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
They're rebuilding, if you want Hall you're going for it.
You don't get something for nothing. They will want a young high end player

Why would you say that? A sign and trade is a step in the right direction for the Habs to build a contender teams. A few key trades and any team who has been retooling for a couple years can become a contender. It’s not always black or white.

You could keep Suzuki and switch him with JK, if you wish.
I'm sure Shero is saying a young player and a 1st.

Top prospects doesn’t get traded. Look at all the recent trades.

ROR brought back a cap dump, a useful but overpaid 3rd liner, a top 5 prospect (not even close to being top 3), a first and a second.

Stone brought back Vegas #2 or #3 prospect (depending on who you’re talking to) and a 2nd round pick.

Pacioretty brought back Vegas #3 prospect, a second round pick and what was supposed to be a 4.8M cap dump for 3 years but turned out to be a good fit for Montreal.

Karlsson brought a young elite #3 Center, two body (depth players), the Sharks most recent 1st round pick at the time (#19 overall), a first (2020), a 2nd round pick (2019) and another 2nd (2020) who could turn into a first if SJ reach the finals.

A signed Hall is closer to Stone/ROR in value so if I’m Bergevin, I offer a bunch of different packages options similar to these ones but in no way, shape or form does young roster players like Kotkaniemi, Suzuki or Domi will ever even be in the conversations.

Primeau, Poehling, Brook is your high end prospects we’re putting on the table. The rest (salary going the other way, picks) can be negotiated depending on who/what the main assets going the other way are, which in this case is the high end prospect/Habs first round pick.

Reactions: Godstin Matthews

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
max domi, lehkonen, cole caulfield and a 1st rounder for taylor hall, if he re-signs 2 additional 1st rounders

Burakovsky, Compher, Byram and a first round pick for Taylor Hall, if he re-signs 2 additional 1st rounders.

Am I doing it right?

General Disarray

Jul 21, 2016
Toronto
Terrible idea. Why over pay for a winger who is almost 30 and has only touched the playoffs once. Montreal is not a Taylor Hall away from contending.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00