Dreger: Taylor Hall and MTL

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
There is a whole lot of "Devils will only accept premium package for Hall" rebuffs in this thread.

Is there any thought they could be nervous about losing Hall for nothing (Parise style) and they feel pressured to move him for sure by the deadline regardless of the return?

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
If there’s one thing Shero is good at, it’s maximizing assets in trades. Ray will wait at the deadline to get as many teams as possible to bid on Hall.

I don’t see Taylor staying on our team par the deadline.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
What would Montreal have to give back? Seriously? That team is hot garbage and only go when Price goes. Take any 3 pieces you want and bunch them together and it still would not be enough for Hall.

Suzi Q, Koka kola, and a pick. Thats where it would be.

Just a pure garbage team covered by Price. Its where players go to die and I don't think Hall wants anything to do with killing his career yet. And plus, Bargain Bin does not know how to pull off a trade like that. And there is not a chance in hell that if Hall went to free agency, that he would pick the scabs. I can see Hall in Ottawa.
:lol::lol: A Leaf fan.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
The more the Habs lose, the more likely this becomes.
No idea what the return would be, but I don’t see MTL trading away this years 1st, since the draft is in MTL.
2021 1st + Brook +
With a conditional pick added on if Hall extends with the Habs.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
What would Montreal have to give back? Seriously? That team is hot garbage and only go when Price goes. Take any 3 pieces you want and bunch them together and it still would not be enough for Hall.

Suzi Q, Koka kola, and a pick. Thats where it would be.

Just a pure garbage team covered by Price. Its where players go to die and I don't think Hall wants anything to do with killing his career yet. And plus, Bargain Bin does not know how to pull off a trade like that. And there is not a chance in hell that if Hall went to free agency, that he would pick the scabs. I can see Hall in Ottawa.
And yet only 1 point behind the mighty leafs team of overpayed superstars, with a game in hand.
E27FB18C-B3CE-4EB7-B7D3-4BBC4AC0A250.jpeg

Reactions: Steeler23

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
I want nothing to do with what Montreal has to offer. They’re not giving up their 1st since they’re hosting the draft and they need Romanov as much as we do, if not more.

We can forget about Suzuki and I’m not interested in Primeau or Poehling.

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
I want nothing to do with what Montreal has to offer. They’re not giving up their 1st since they’re hosting the draft and they need Romanov as much as we do, if not more.

Sadly, what you want and what Shero will return are probably polar opposites. Just cross your fingers and hope he can scure at least a first or a solid prospect....better than making Hall walk, which he willl, for nothing.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017

You just summed up the whole thread with one post. We are not giving up those players. Lock this down.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
Sadly, what you want and what Shero will return are probably polar opposites. Just cross your fingers and hope he can scure at least a first or a solid prospect....better than making Hall walk, which he willl, for nothing.

If you think Shero won’t be able to get a 1st and a solid prospect for Taylor Hall, you’re out to lunch.

Montreal is the last team I want to trade with since they have the same needs as we do and their best assets are centers, which we don’t need.

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
If you think Shero won’t be able to get a 1st and a solid prospect for Taylor Hall, you’re out to lunch.

Montreal is the last team I want to trade with since they have the same needs as we do and their best assets are centers, which we don’t need.

oh i agree we have same needs. Where i disagree with you is you think a rental unsigned Hall will fetch a first and a A type prospect. The market just doesnt pay that. If he comes with an ext. ...sure. Its not about being out to lunch or not. It isnt an opinion. Its factual. Look at the last couple years of rental market trades. Want and reality are very different.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
oh i agree we have same needs. Where i disagree with you is you think a rental unsigned Hall will fetch a first and a A type prospect. The market just doesnt pay that. If he comes with an ext. ...sure. Its not about being out to lunch or not. It isnt an opinion. Its factual. Look at the last couple years of rental market trades. Want and reality are very different.

Name me one MVP that hit the market at the deadline in the past decade.

He’s the best trade deadline asset to be made available in years and I can’t see how there won’t be a bidding war between contenders for his services.

Again, Shero is a genius when it comes to trades. I wish I could say the same about building a steady and efficient defence.

Reactions: Jerzey Devil

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017

He’s the best trade deadline asset to be made available in years and I can’t see how there won’t be a bidding war between contenders for his services.

Again, Shero is a genius when it comes to trades. I wish I could say the same about building a steady and efficient defence.
A 1st and plus an A prospect for Hall unsigned.

Teams that can't afford to resign him.....off that list
None true cup contenders even with him. off that list.
Team that can't take his cap hit this season,Off the list
What remains, not enough for a good bidding war.

It will take less assets than you want for a UFA.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
A 1st and plus an A prospect for Hall unsigned.

Teams that can't afford to resign him.....off that list
None true cup contenders even with him. off that list.
Team that can't take his cap hit this season,Off the list
What remains, not enough for a good bidding war.

It will take less assets than you want for a UFA.

The bidding war will be for teams who are making the playoffs, so that’s 16 teams.

Around the deadline, his prorated cap hit of 6M$ will be peanuts to fit under anyone’s cap.

I think you’re either trying to make a situation more difficult then it is or a little bitter that your team is rumoured to land the big fish, like they do every year, while ending up with a couple of bottom 6 grinders instead.

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007

Karlsson, O'Reilly, Pacioretty, E.Kane, M.Stone off the top of my head. And i'd take 3/5 over Hall any day of the week and i love Hall. That same 3/5 have been Hart candidates. Winning MVP 2 yrs ago is a bonus, doesnt change much for his value today. C.Price has a Hart too, you gonna tell me you'd trade a haul for him also?

Again, i love Hall -but the market doesnt pay for rentals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->