Dreger: Taylor Hall and MTL

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Terrible idea. Why over pay for a winger who is almost 30 and has only touched the playoffs once. Montreal is not a Taylor Hall away from contending.

We’re not a Hall away from contending but it’s a damn good start to get there if the price is right for us

TheFinalWord

Apr 25, 2005
Dreger clearly is tight with Ferris, so this is coming from the Hall camp. This may mean Hall is willing or interested in going to Montreal or it may just be Dreger providing Ferris some negotiating leverage by making it sound like others are interested. Either way, this is coming form Hall's camp.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

MasterMatt25

Nov 19, 2014
Montreal
At least one of Poehling/Kotkaniemi/Suzuki/Caufield has to be involved. Otherwise no way New Jersey does it. Doesn't matter he's a UFA, he's Taylor Hall and that's what it'll take

Reactions: Pyrophorus

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Unless at least one of Poehling/Kotkaniemi/Suzuki/Caufield then no way New Jersey does it. Doesn't matter he's a UFA, he's Taylor Hall and that's what it'll take

I think we’ve been pretty vocal about Poehling being available for the right package, and Hall fits the bill. The other players mentioned are not available though.

Reactions: Vachon23

Ashdown2

Aug 19, 2006
That's too much salary going to the NJ. We would need to absorb 2-3 cap dump with it.

lol

its so sad , this trade is like the leagues worst kept secret, It will happen in february but it will be too late for this team by then.
bergy is just afraid of doing any trade, hes got goddamn 12 draft picks this year, USE SOME

member 300185

What would Montreal have to give back? Seriously? That team is hot garbage and only go when Price goes. Take any 3 pieces you want and bunch them together and it still would not be enough for Hall.

Suzi Q, Koka kola, and a pick. Thats where it would be.

Just a pure garbage team covered by Price. Its where players go to die and I don't think Hall wants anything to do with killing his career yet. And plus, Bargain Bin does not know how to pull off a trade like that. And there is not a chance in hell that if Hall went to free agency, that he would pick the scabs. I can see Hall in Ottawa.

No ReGretzkys

May 8, 2018
What would Montreal have to give back? Seriously? That team is hot garbage and only go when Price goes. Take any 3 pieces you want and bunch them together and it still would not be enough for Hall.

Suzi Q, Koka kola, and a pick. Thats where it would be.

Just a pure garbage team covered by Price. Its where players go to die and I don't think Hall wants anything to do with killing his career yet. And plus, Bargain Bin does not know how to pull off a trade like that. And there is not a chance in hell that if Hall went to free agency, that he would pick the scabs. I can see Hall in Ottawa.

Annnnnnnnnd there goes your credibility

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Brannstrom last year = Poehling, Primeau, Brook this year. You are acting like you don't know much on what the difference is between blue chip and grade A prospects. Nobody trades blue chip prospects for a rental or even a sign and trade.

You say it's not difficult to beat but yet where are these offers on these boards? Put your money where your mouth is and show us the examples to back up your claim?

How are Brannstrom& Poehling the same?
Or any of the 3.

Brannstrom as a 1 year younger D-man in the AHL 0.68, Poehling currently 0.3 p/game.
Nothing in Poegling's numbers scream great.

You are just naming pretty basic prospects there.

Last edited:

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I would move Poehling, one of Juulsen/Brook and our 1st assuming Hall wants to sign

Our RD is stacked.
We have the depth at centre.
We have cap space

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
If Montreal are not in a playoff position at the trade deadline .
Tatar, Byron will be traded .

If Montreal miss the playoffs .
Gallagher , Petry will be traded before the draft this summer .
Neither player will receive the money they will be seeking from Montreal.
Both players with one year remaining on their current deals will be traded.

Last edited:

HabsMD97

Jun 30, 2014
king's landing
I'd rather you just say, we don't want him.
Except we do want him..hes not getting anywhere near what ppl in this thread think. Trading a prospect like caufield for him is beyond an overpayment. The guys got 4 f***ing goals and is ufa is almost garranteed to go to free agency

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad