Dreger: Taylor Hall and MTL

FedorTyutin

Jan 10, 2019
You Habs fans actually want Hall? You just watched the Devils drop 6 goals on you and Hall was a complete ghost.
He’s been a non factor for us. He had lost a full step as far as skating goes.
Quick trade him before his value drops! Take Byron and a 4th and run!

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
He has four goals... one is an empty netter. His skating looks awkward kind of like what Subban is going through right now. He has lost his top speed.
Yea, I would rather we keep our prospects and not trade for him. But who knows, are GM may get into desperado mode.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
The bidding war will be for teams who are making the playoffs, so that’s 16 teams.

Around the deadline, his prorated cap hit of 6M$ will be peanuts to fit under anyone’s cap.

I think you’re either trying to make a situation more difficult then it is or a little bitter that your team is rumoured to land the big fish, like they do every year, while ending up with a couple of bottom 6 grinders instead.

I can say without any doubt in my mind not all 16 playoff team will be looking to take on Hall for their 1st and top prospect.
A signed hall may get you that but not from the Habs. You won't get near that from us.
If anyone is bitter it seems to be you because when you land these so called big fishes PK,Hall all they do is flounder once on your team and since they have you want a big return for them knowing deep down you won't get half of what your asking.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
The bidding war will be for teams who are making the playoffs, so that’s 16 teams.

Around the deadline, his prorated cap hit of 6M$ will be peanuts to fit under anyone’s cap.

I think you’re either trying to make a situation more difficult then it is or a little bitter that your team is rumoured to land the big fish, like they do every year, while ending up with a couple of bottom 6 grinders instead.

Any team giving what their first and a top prospect, if not more, will expect to be signing Hall. Therefore, they'll want to fit him into their cap next season. If they're only interested in him as a rental... they aren't going to give New Jersey anywhere near top billing.

In the cap era, you just aren't going to see the insane returns from decades prior unless McDavid hit the market for some absurd reason. That isn't to say Hall won't net a good return; he undoubtedly will. But I doubt it will be a first and a team's best prospect.

Reactions: rfournier103

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
I can say without any doubt in my mind not all 16 playoff team will be looking to take on Hall for their 1st and top prospect.
A signed hall may get you that but not from the Habs. You won't get near that from us.
If anyone is bitter it seems to be you because when you land these so called big fishes PK,Hall all they do is flounder once on your team and since they have you want a big return for them knowing deep down you won't get half of what your asking.

We got Hall and Subban for loose change, so the return we’ll get for Hall come deadline day is already a plus.

Again, Montreal isn’t a good fit and there’s a handful of teams that will beat the type of package Bergevin will pitch forward. Boston could be a real nice destination for Hall, giving them two legit lines up front. That offense would be filthy with the acquisition of Hall.

I’m certain we’ll get a package that will include a 1st, a legit prospect and a roster player. The only thing we can agree on is that it won’t come from the Habs.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Any team giving what their first and a top prospect, if not more, will expect to be signing Hall. Therefore, they'll want to fit him into their cap next season. If they're only interested in him as a rental... they aren't going to give New Jersey anywhere near top billing.

In the cap era, you just aren't going to see the insane returns from decades prior unless McDavid hit the market for some absurd reason. That isn't to say Hall won't net a good return; he undoubtedly will. But I doubt it will be a first and a team's best prospect.

I think Hall would make an excellent Bruin. But there’s no way Don Sweeney flips a first and a top prospect. It would be an either/or proposition and a lesser piece thrown in.

I do not know the ins and outs of Hall’s contract in regards to NTCs and NMCs, but if he honestly wants to win the Stanley Cup, the Bruins have to be on his short list.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016

Any Gm who is looking to add a stud forward will be interested in Hall and they know that if their rivals are in on Hall, they’re odds to make a run in the playoffs just took a major blow moving forward.

Kevin Hayes landed a 1st for crying out loud, so I don’t see how Ray can’t squeeze out more assets for Hall.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Any Gm who is looking to add a stud forward will be interested in Hall and they know that if their rivals are in on Hall, they’re odds to make a run in the playoffs just took a major blow moving forward.

Kevin Hayes landed a 1st for crying out loud, so I don’t see how Ray can’t squeeze out more assets for Hall.
Ya and what a mess of a trade that turned out for the Jets. They ended up re-trading Hayes for a 5th rd pick after giving up Lemieux ,a 1st and a 4th.:laugh: No team is giving up near the value your asking for an unsigned Hall. Not happening.

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
will be interested in Hall and they know that if their rivals are in on Hall, they’re odds to make a run in the playoffs just took a major blow moving forward.

Wow, welcome to the premise of the trade deadline every year. Very astute observation ;)

1st + role player or decent prospect + 2nd

1st + Byron or Lehkonen/Tatar +2nd sort of thing from Montreal as examples.

He's a rental; nobody is trading for him and giving him a monster contract when he's struggled so heavily this season.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
Habs fans make me laugh... they want the world for their fringe players and won’t give up anything relevant for a player that would become their best forward.

Never change guys!

P.S. like ZBC said, we’ll deal with the other 29 teams!

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
Wow, welcome to the premise of the trade deadline every year. Very astute observation ;)

1st + role player or decent prospect + 2nd

1st + Byron or Lehkonen/Tatar +2nd sort of thing from Montreal as examples.

He's a rental; nobody is trading for him and giving him a monster contract when he's struggled so heavily this season.

Yeah, cause everyone knows that contracts are given solely based off the year that just past while forgetting the previous years.

Montreal is a bubble team and they should keep their assets instead of trying to win with an overpaid/overated goaler, a mediocre left side on defence and a bunch of undersized forwards.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
It seems that the Devils aren't the one who'll get Taylor at the end of the season, tho.
Good luck finding a team able to take his contract too.

He makes 6M$ per year and it’ll be prorated to like 70% by trade deadline.

That’s the least of anyone’s worries :laugh:

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
Yeah, cause everyone knows that contracts are given solely based off the year that just past while forgetting the previous years.

Don't think anyone is chomping at the bit to pay a ton of premium assets to throw 9-11m a year at Hall who has struggled immensely this year.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
Don't think anyone is chomping at the bit to pay a ton of premium assets to throw 9-11m a year at Hall who has struggled immensely this year.

He has 1 less point then your best point producer in 1 less game... and like you said, he’s struggling immensely.

I’d worry about Price and his abysmal play more so then the return we’ll get for a guy who’s close to a PPG and will bounce back sooner rather then later.

But thanks for your concern ;)

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
There will be likely 5-7 teams looking to trade for him which will increase his return to the Devils. One thing to count on, it's won't be just the Habs bidding on him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->