HF Habs: Taxi squad

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Cap friendly is closer to the truth than anything you see on HF boards as "opinions' or posters with small calculator narrative.

You mean it knows more then the poster who told me i am ignorant since i contradicted his wrong 200k saving for waving alzner in 2021-2022 lol

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
You mean it knows more then the poster who told me i am ignorant since i contradicted his wrong 200k saving for waving alzner in 2021-2022 lol

Hey, you were acting ignorant. You claimed your opinion as fact when it was an opinion and I found the facts for you. You didn't reply to that factual post did you? Wonder why? :sarcasm:. Now you can be disgruntled with me and hold a grudge cause I gave you the facts. That's your problem not mine. You wanna fight facts and make it a pissing contest cause I called you ignorant... go ahead. You came at me guns a blazing first so you should take a step back and rethink your approach

What buyout info that I showed in that post (differences from 2020 buyout vs 2021) do you have an issue with? Your not arguing with me, you are arguing against cap friendly. Don't know if you realize that or not. So if you disagree with Cap friendly, what is your disagreement? They don't know how buyouts work? :laugh:. You came at me guns a blazing and I hit you with a bazooka

giphy.gif

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Byron sure gets huge love here,

No fault of his own. Still like him as a 4th liner but not liking how his contract is forcing decisions that are not exactly palatable. If the Leafs claim Perry, this forum is going to light up like a Christmas tree.

Jul 6, 2016
I like Byron but I also like Byron, Perry, and Juulsen to all stay too. This is not Byron hate with me but some think or trying to say we need Byron. Yup, I agree on that but that's not the point.

With Weal, Frolik and Mete down to the squad or picked up.... It would had been possible to keep Perry (as the extra forward) and Juulsen (as the extra d-man) as well as Byron.... Now, we have lost Juulsen (90% we would ) and might lose Perry (75% chance we do)

Reactions: Runner77

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
No fault of his own. Still like him as a 4th liner but not liking how his contract is forcing decisions that are not exactly palatable. If the Leafs claim Perry, this forum is going to light up like a Christmas tree.

If they claim Perry they will become by far the slowest team in the league .. Big Joe, Simmonds, Spezza, Perry.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Yes?
I don't know if 2 weeks is the amount of time we would've needed to gain enough cap space to keep Perry in the lineup, but if it was it would equal 11% of the season.

exactly those game are important and Byron give us a way better chance to win then Perry. We need those points if we want to make the playoff

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
With Weal, Frolik and Mete down to the squad or picked up.... It would had been possible to keep Perry (as the extra forward) and Juulsen (as the extra d-man) as well as Byron.... Now, we have lost Juulsen (90% we would ) and might lose Perry (75% chance we do)

75 % is exaggerated if you consider that a lot of the teams are full, there is a lot of good young forward available on the waivers and that Perry was available for free 2 weeks ago and no one wanted him

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yes?
I don't know if 2 weeks is the amount of time we would've needed to gain enough cap space to keep Perry in the lineup, but if it was it would equal 11% of the season.

It would have been starting with $333k of cap space and more accumulated daily until we got an injury. What are the chances no one on our roster has an injury in the first week or two? 6 games from Jan 13th - Jan 23rd?

And hey, we get to see Perry play. If he struggles, you make the change earlier. Perry on waivers and Byron on the roster. Loosing both Juulsen and Perry to do flawed management cause we feel Byron can't be on the taxi squad is not something I would fight for.

The only thing that might make sense is if we put Byron and the taxi squad and Perry on our roster, the NHL might have said we are trying to circumvent the cap. :dunno:

Jul 6, 2016
75 % is exaggerated if you consider that a lot of the teams are full, there is a lot of good young forward available on the waivers and that Perry was available for free 2 weeks ago and no one wanted him

We will know tomorrow at noon ! See you then.

durojean

May 29, 2007
Perry was the depth that put us a little bit over the top. We lose him for nothing and it’s a really bad outlook. Especially without having played 1 game

Jul 6, 2016
It would have been starting with $333k of cap space and more accumulated daily until we got an injury. What are the chances no one on our roster has an injury in the first week or two? 6 games from Jan 13th - Jan 23rd?

And hey, we get to see Perry play. If he struggles, you make the change earlier. Perry on waivers and Byron on the roster. Loosing both Juulsen and Perry to do flawed management cause we feel Byron can't be on the taxi squad is not something I would fight for.

The only thing that might make sense is if we put Byron and the taxi squad and Perry on our roster, the NHL might have said we are trying to circumvent the cap. :dunno:

With Weal, Mete, Frolik down on the squad, there were enough $ to keep Perry as #13 forward and Juulsen as #7 d-man.

Reactions: Runner77

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

According to this math (See below)... it would have been a $6K cap problem. I would have went with option 2 or 3

1) Weal, Frolik, and Mete on taxi squad and with Byron, Perry, and Juulsen on our NHL roster: -$6K of cap space. It don't work (cap friendly example below)

2) Byron, Weal, Frolik on taxi squad and Perry, Mete, Juulsen on NHL roster: $333k of cap space

3) Evans to the AHL for a while and Byron at center. Mete and Juulsen on our NHL roster and Weal and Frolik on taxi squad: $8K of cap space

qFcBrGc.jpg

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Hey, you were acting ignorant. You claimed your opinion as fact when it was an opinion and I found the facts for you. You didn't reply to that factual post did you? Wonder why? :sarcasm:. Now you can be disgruntled with me and hold a grudge cause I gave you the facts. That's your problem not mine. You wanna fight facts and make it a pissing contest cause I called you ignorant... go ahead. You came at me guns a blazing first so you should take a step back and rethink your approach

What buyout info that I showed in that post (differences from 2020 buyout vs 2021) do you have an issue with? Your not arguing with me, you are arguing against cap friendly. Don't know if you realize that or not. So if you disagree with Cap friendly, what is your disagreement? They don't know how buyouts work? :laugh:. You came at me guns a blazing and I hit you with a bazooka

giphy.gif

Saying get you facts straight with a link is guns blazing??? if so you i feel for your insecurity....
Or you just a drama queen??

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Saying get you facts straight with a link is guns blazing??? if so you i feel for your insecurity....
Or you just a drama queen??

Drop it man. I'm not interested in your grudge. You need to take a deep breath. Go back and post something on how you think Cap friendly is wrong... You know the post where it showed buyouts on Alzner (difference between 2020 buyout vs 2021). If you can't do that, it's time to move on. I don't hold grudges but I think you do based on you trying to throw a jab after hiding in the shadows. You are not arguing with me, your are arguing with cap friendly after you came at me claiming something flawed as facts. Let get back on track please. This is me being nice. Hope you can set aside the grievance but you have to rethink how you started the hole thing. You started the controversial narrative first

Look around... I've been debating with others and no controversial debates. Please adjust. I do consider Cap friendly as close to factual info as you will find when it comes to salary cap management. You are saying it's not fact now? OK, what is the context on why it's not fact? Personally, I have never seen Cap Friendly wrong once

Last edited:

Jul 6, 2016
According to this math (See below)... it would have been a $6K cap problem. I would have went with option 2 or 3

1) Weal, Frolik, and Mete on taxi squad and with Byron, Perry, and Juulsen on our NHL roster: -$6K of cap space. It don't work (cap friendly example below)

2) Byron, Weal, Frolik on taxi squad and Perry, Mete, Juulsen on NHL roster: $333k of cap space

3) Evans to the AHL for a while and Byron at center. Mete and Juulsen on our NHL roster and Weal and Frolik on taxi squad: $8K of cap space

qFcBrGc.jpg

Play Byron at center for a while... Send down Evans to AHL for a while . Your option #3. Problem solved.

How can they not figure that by themselves ??????

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

I'd say the chances of the habs not having an injury (worse than day to day) after the first 6 games are very high.

The chances of Perry being claimed during the season are much higher than the chances of him being claimed now. It's pretty much a guarantee he would be claimed if waived during the season.

It was known from the start that Perry and Frolik were signed to be on the taxi squad. Claude Julien said today that Perry and Frolik reacted well to the waiver news, that they knew, and that the habs were honest with them when they signed them. There is zero flawed management if Perry is lost to waivers.

Also even if we had the cap space to keep Juulsen in our nhl roster, it wouldn't have made much sense to keep him there. He would be the habs 8th D, and has played a total of 0 nhl games and 13 ahl games in the last 2 years. The guy needs to play to get back to game shape, so we likely would've still waived him.

Reactions: Vachon23

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Drop it man. I'm not interested in your grudge. You need to take a deep breath. Go back and post something on how you think Cap friendly is wrong... You know the post where it showed buyouts on Alzner (difference between 2020 buyout vs 2021). If you can't do that, it's time to move on. I don't hold grudges but I think you do based on you trying to throw a jab after hiding in the shadows. You are not arguing with me, your are arguing with cap friendly after you came at me claiming something flawed as facts. Let get back on track please. This is me being nice. Hope you can set aside the grievance but you have to rethink how you started the hole thing. You started the controversial narrative first

Look around... I've been debating with others and no controversial debates. Please adjust. I do consider Cap friendly as close to factual info as you will find when it comes to salary cap management. You are saying it's not fact now? OK, what is the context on why it's not fact? Personally, I have never seen Cap Friendly wrong once

You really are sensitive, who the hell has a grudge... I was even laughing in my post. And yes i gave the calculation, and another poster confirmed, yet you chose to ignore. Makes me wonder if You based in the white house.
I repeat i never attacked you. Just said get your facts straight. You made sure to repeat that i am ignorant (to which i dont care say what please you).. And you said i am attacking hahha...

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
You really are sensitive, who the hell has a grudge... I was even laughing in my post. And yes i gave the calculation, and another poster confirmed, yet you chose to ignore. Makes me wonder if You based in the white house.
I repeat i never attacked you. Just said get your facts straight. You made sure to repeat that i am ignorant (to which i dont care say what please you).. And you said i am attacking hahha...

I don't see any substance in this post where you talk about Cap Friendly being wrong on Alzner's buyouts between 2020 and 2021! Let me post it for you again. What is not factual about this? You seem stuck on the you vs me and it's really you vs Cap Friendly. Buying out Alzner one year later would have saved us $400k+ in cap space and we would have better flexibility today. If you post again with a you vs me grudge match, I'm not going to engage. Lets get back to the beginning and back on topic

qsGBUzs.jpg

ZzOfIUE.jpg

Last edited:

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
I don't see any substance in this post where you talk about Cap Friendly being wrong on Alzner's buyouts between 2020 and 2021! Let me post it for you again. What is not factual about this? You seem stuck on the you vs me and it's really you vs Cap Friendly. Buying out Alzner one year later would have saved us $400k+ in cap space and we would have better flexibility today. If you post again with a you vs me grudge match, I'm not going to engage. Lets get back to the beginning and back on topic

qsGBUzs.jpg

ZzOfIUE.jpg
Kevin, i posted a tsn article for you, and 2021 saving 2.666,667.... you said we saved 200 That was the only point. Cause even going with your theory/cap friendly numbers , there is simple math mistakes.(2.666-2.333)
Regardless, you are right in everything so please nor engage nor discuss.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
We should know by tomorrow 5PM how the roster shapes up, but this is who I think will be on the taxi squad on opening night:

Michael Frolik (F) *if clears tomorrow*
Corey Perry (F) *if clears tomorrow*
Jordan Weal (F)
Xavier Ouellet (D)
Charlie Lindgren (G)
Michael McNiven (G)

I got two goalies because they may give practice days off for both Price and Allen (after a series of games in a few days). Also, with no ECHL affiliate, it would be tougher to send players down there, so either you keep two goalies on the taxi squad or you go with 3 goalies in Laval, which wouldn't be ideal. So they would probably keep Laval for Primeau and Demchenko.

Only one defenseman because they already have 7D on the roster.

Apr 28, 2010
Nothing to do with that he will still help us but on the taxi squad what was always the plan with him since day 1

Hoping he doesn't get picked up. I was def looking forward to seeing him on the 4th line. Thought he was for sure making the lineup as they had him working on the powerplay.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00