HF Habs: Taxi squad

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
i see dorion taking perry which would be a total troll move by ottawa. i didn't think i could hate them more

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Julien is so dialed in to trying to win the next game, it wouldn't surprise me if he would want that taxi squad. Who cares about Poehling's development, gotta win the next game.

But, I think MB was pretty clear that he wants Poehling playing games. Hopefully same for Fleury.

We'll see at noon today whether Perry and Frolik are still with the organization. At their salaries I wouldn't be surprised to see them both claimed.
Until the AHL has games to play in, Poehling and Fleury may as well train with the Habs, and get slotted in to play if there is an injury.

Once the AHL starts, I would rather see Weal and Ouellet take their places.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Who's taking a taxi to Toronto or some other city.... I'm assuming we find out if Perry is taken here shortly. If he does get claimed, I going to need time out

giphy.gif

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Until the AHL has games to play in, Poehling and Fleury may as well train with the Habs, and get slotted in to play if there is an injury.

Once the AHL starts, I would rather see Weal and Ouellet take their places.

Yes, Adam Michael's pointed that out.

Phew. Otherwise a really asinine decision.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Mete: "I'm kind of on the 4th pairing yeah" :(

(proceeds to avoid the next question about how it feels to be on the outside looking in)

We don't have the greatest bunch of reporters here in MTL.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Perry and Frolik cleared.

I'm not all that surprised. Like I wrote earlier, I'm sure there's some sort of gentlemen agreement when a veteran signs for one season with a team for close to the league's minimum. It's a bit of a dick move to force him to play for you when he told you a month earlier he wasn't interested.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
After all that worry lol

But jokes aside, glad we still got em

It's not impossible his agent lobbied to not get claims put in for him. Age, personal reasons. This is pretty much the end of the road for Perry.

Made the top 3 in best value signing of the season by a Canadian team on TSN...

He'll be pumped to come in when called upon I'm sure.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Do the taxi guys need to clear waivers again when you want to insert them into the lineup?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Good. So we have a full 5th line of Frolik-Poehling-Perry available as reinforcements. That's a lot better than the playoff 4th line of Belzile-Domi-Weise.

Fleury poised to help the big club is also good news.. I think.

And you know once the AHL camps start on the 25th (or at the latest when the AHL season starts on February 5th), Fleury and Poehling will be sent down to the AHL to play.

Because on the taxi squad, they at least continue practicing with the NHL team (and may get a game in at some point). So it's better to have that rather than assign them to the AHL now and have them waiting for things to get started there.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Good. So we have a full 5th line of Frolik-Poehling-Perry available as reinforcements. That's a lot better than the playoff 4th line of Belzile-Domi-Weise.

Fleury poised to help the big club is also good news.. I think.

The better playoff 4th line was Belzile-Domi-Evans. That's actually a really good line.

Remember, last time we saw him in game action, Poehling wasn't even close to being an NHL center. He's just hear to practice, unless his game has done a 180. I still believe Poehling will be a good NHLer. But he needs a lot of seasoning - unless a lot has changed.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
And you know once the AHL camps start on the 25th (or at the latest when the AHL season starts on February 5th), Fleury and Poehling will be sent down to the AHL to play.

Because on the taxi squad, they at least continue practicing with the NHL team (and may get a game in at some point). So it's better to have that rather than assign them to the AHL now and have them waiting for things to get started there.

Call me crazy, I think they get 2-3 games each guaranteed. Then February starts.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
So how does the taxi squad work moving forward? Do they have to clear waivers everytime you insert the player into a lineup?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad