News: Tavares to Explore Market - To Speak with 5 teams: TODAY IS THE DAY (Mod Warning in #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
So can a stars fan tell me how Tavares would fit into their linup cap wise? Not sure what their situation looks like.
Not a Stars fan, but they seem like a good fit for him based on their cap. Spezza is their only high cap and he's UFA next year. Obv a deal for Seguin will be top and will be worked on. They currently have close to 20 mill free for this year, and after this upcoming season their cap space is upwards of 44 million and counting, and it only increases going forward.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
no, it would be about how the Leafs are a better choice by post 3.

15 pages of nonstop, hardcore bashing of Dallas.

Then page 16, "I don't get why this board is so mean to Leaf fans. Maybe 1% of Leaf fans give the rest of us a bad name, but some of the comments in this thread by Stars fans prove their fanbase is far worse."

It's the Eric Cartman way.

Timani

So can a stars fan tell me how Tavares would fit into their linup cap wise? Not sure what their situation looks like.

Not sure if you subscribe to The Athletic, but this article gets into the nuts and bolts of it.

Figuring out how John Tavares could fit within the Stars'...

TL;DR says they can do it fairly easily now, but will have to draft better and develop better to keep an influx of young talent on ELC's to make it work long-term.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think the longer this goes, the lower the odds of him returning to the Isles get. If we get to Saturday, I would say the Isles are no longer a favorite in this.

Reactions: Lahey

Bonzo111

Leafs Fan
Oct 31, 2017
Canaderp
well he picked 5 competitive teams, all with other top centers, kind of interesting. He'd fit into any of them well so he's done his homework. I could see him going to any one of them no problem at all.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I think the longer this goes, the lower the odds of him returning to the Isles get. If we get to Saturday, I would say the Isles are no longer a favorite in this.
Yup. If it doesn't break somewhere that he is going back by sometime tomorrow afternoon I think that is kind of the breaking point for me to think he is going somewhere else. I wouldn't think JT would be calling Lou at 11pm tomorrow to let him know he is coming back if he is.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005

I still say it’s 90% though that is Isles or Toronto. I would still be highly surprised if it’s anyone else and if it is it’s probably San Jose. Dallas Tampa and Boston I think are virtually near 1-2% at most

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

Agreed. Nailed it from an Islanders perspective. This is the deadline date if he wants to sign a 8 year deal. After Saturday, he can only sign a 7 year deal.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Yup. If it doesn't break somewhere that he is going back by sometime tomorrow afternoon I think that is kind of the breaking point for me to think he is going somewhere else. I wouldn't think JT would be calling Lou at 11pm tomorrow to let him know he is coming back if he is.

Kind of like with Stamkos. Staying is an easier decision to make than leaving, where he'd then have to figure out where he's going. I think the odds of him staying start to drop tonight, if no decision is made. But yeah, if it goes to, let's say, Saturday, I think it's unlikely he returns to the island.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad