News: Tavares to Explore Market - To Speak with 5 teams: TODAY IS THE DAY (Mod Warning in #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Interestingly, TB is rumored to be one of these five teams, per the guy at The Atlantic (whose name escapes me). I don't know how this would work. A TJ and JT (Miller) trade?

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Islanders, Devils, Blues, Vegas, and Leafs.

Blues are already reportedly out of the Tavares running. If I had to guess, the five teams outside of the Islanders that he'll listen to is Toronto, San Jose, Vegas, New Jersey, and Montreal. Of course, he'll probably only seriously listen to San Jose, Toronto, and New Jersey. But everyone still thinks he's going back to the Islanders. Makes sense with that 8th year and familiarity but he's not going to win there.

GarfSnowed

May 1, 2011
"Bye bye NYI" when multiple reports come out saying almost everyone around the league heavily expects him to stay.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
As a Leaf fan I say it's still likely 95% he returns to NYI.

From all accounts this is very much like John Tavares. He's reported to be extremely intelligent and diligent. He'd be silly to come this far and not atleast hear what teams have to offer. How many times are you in the prime of your career with the ability to choose you own destination. Not surprising really.
You're right. He is very smart. He wants teams to think he is staying with NYI so other teams...like the leafs...will offer a kings ransom to get him. I'd be COMPLETELY shocked if he signs with the Isles. He's not going to blow his whole career there.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Friedman reported he thinks its Dal, LV, SJ, TOR and TB.

I have no idea how TB makes room, SJ I question how they would manage it.

Dal and LV make a ton of sense and Tor is just Tor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad