News: Tavares to Explore Market - To Speak with 5 teams: TODAY IS THE DAY (Mod Warning in #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Or “we’re a better team with Barzal as 1C”
Or “he’s not that good anyway, leafs signed a terrible contract”
Or “wahlstrom will be better”
Or “overrated big time” soon as he signs with the leafs.

Anything else I’m missing in terms of excuses?

Goes both ways ;)

"We're going to offersheet Nylander Marner and Matthews!!!"

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
So can a stars fan tell me how Tavares would fit into their linup cap wise? Not sure what their situation looks like.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Or “we’re a better team with Barzal as 1C”
Or “he’s not that good anyway, leafs signed a terrible contract”
Or “wahlstrom will be better”
Or “overrated big time” soon as he signs with the leafs.

Anything else I’m missing in terms of excuses?

Goes both ways ;)

Doesn’t both ways because no islanders fan in their right mind would ever even think any of that about Tavares.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
All they really did was get rid of Boedker. Regardless of any new signings Martin was gone. Boedker was decent in the postseason but was good for only about 1/5 of his time in San Jose. I don't think opening cap space with those two guys really proves anything WRT Tavares other than they have the space to sign him.

I mean, they could have opened cap space to sign a JVR type winger to replace Boedker. They obviously didn't. Their goal is Tavares, but opening cap space when you have underperforming players is just logical.

naruto

Nov 13, 2017
I couldn't see them in here even if they did that's my point. In fact, I struggle to find any of the other teams fans as well unless they're arguing about the Leafs with Leafs fans

If u made a separate thread for dallas and Tavares it would just die bc no1 would be discussing it...

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I'm not sure you have a 77-page book prepared on other cities if you're staying. JMO

I agree to a point for sure. Could just be due diligence. Also, while I don't subscribe to the idea that Lou/Trotz are these massive motivating factors to return for Tavares, it's probably fair to mention that book would have been, most likely, prior to them becoming part of the Isles organization.

mapleleafs34

Apr 7, 2011
Anyone making claims that any of the star players on one of the 5 teams would be mad if Tavares came to their team is completely out to lunch.
Most NHL players are competitive AF and want to win. Tavares drastically increases those chances instantly. So there is zero reason to think the likes of Seguin/Benn, Pavelski/Couture, Matthews/Marner, Bergeron/Pastrnak or Stamkos/Kucherov would be upset if JT went to their team.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
So can a stars fan tell me how Tavares would fit into their linup cap wise? Not sure what their situation looks like.
He'd fit even with him and Seguin at 12mil each. That is assuming inflated raises for Lindell(4.5), Janmark(3.5) and Faksa(4.5), and ELC's to fill out a handful of spots a couple of years down the road
(robertson, Hintz, etc)
The Final Year of Hanzal's deal would be a bit tight, assuming he's not shot into the Sun. but We could largely retain all the key players without issue, especially with expansion coming a lockout looming and cap increases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad