News: Tavares to Explore Market - To Speak with 5 teams: TODAY IS THE DAY (Mod Warning in #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axel574

Dec 9, 2015
Yeah, you're probably right. But I think he might do well with a change of scenery. How many years has he been with the Islanders for 9 years. I think he might be tired of "waiting" for their team to take the next step. I know they've made some good hires recently but it might be a case of too little too late.

I'm sure Okposo and Nielson would happily tell him the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Change of scenery is generally associated with a person who is preforming poorly or has an attitude problem.. which is certainly not the case when talking about an All-Star and a Capitan.

SuperStarFerraro

Jun 21, 2018
15 pages of nonstop, hardcore bashing of Dallas.

Then page 16, "I don't get why this board is so mean to Leaf fans. Maybe 1% of Leaf fans give the rest of us a bad name, but some of the comments in this thread by Stars fans prove their fanbase is far worse."

It's the Eric Cartman way.
Leafs fan bring it upon themselves... they keep guaranteeing he is coming to Toronto, just like they guaranteed Stamkos Returning home... how about just wait and f***ing see what happens? It’s that simple.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Leafs fan bring it upon themselves... they keep guaranteeing he is coming to Toronto, just like they guaranteed Stamkos Returning home... how about just wait and ****ing see what happens? It’s that simple.

99% of us are doing exactly that. If we get him cool. If not, we move on. No harm done.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
I'm sure Okposo and Nielson would happily tell him the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Change of scenery is generally associated with a person who is preforming poorly.. which is certainly not the case when talking about an All-Star and a Capitan.
Thats fair. I just think that he wants to win. He wouldn't be talking to other teams if he wasn't at least a little curious about the grass on the other side lol.

Axel574

Dec 9, 2015
Thats fair. I just think that he wants to win. He wouldn't be talking to other teams if he wasn't at least a little curious about the grass on the other side lol.

Well yes... that's a fact, he's certainly curious. Let's hope that's the extent of it ;)

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Leafs fan bring it upon themselves... they keep guaranteeing he is coming to Toronto, just like they guaranteed Stamkos Returning home... how about just wait and ****ing see what happens? It’s that simple.
Only thing "simple" is this post.
No one has gauranteed a thing, in fact most think it won't happen.

Reactions: Lahey

SuperStarFerraro

Jun 21, 2018
99% of us are doing exactly that. If we get him cool. If not, we move on. No harm done.
I salute you good sir, Hope is all you can hold on to as of right now, I’m sure He will consider everything, Lifestyle, Team, Where to raise his family, and of course money.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
If everyone followed this rule, HFboards would not exist.

47d3e180cfe792d2e07bb072aa810d80.jpg

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017

I've pretty much said from the get go that once Lou became a part of the Islander's organization, JT wasn't going anywhere.

But I guess that guy just cherry picks the posts he wants to form his own narrative.

Sounds like a liberal.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Martin at 2.5M being our worst contract is probably a good thing.

There also isn’t much in the way of UFA dmen that can help... so why not have fun with throwing a 1 year 10M contract at Thornton?

Leafs have a pretty good pool of defensive prospects that will start making their way up after the cap crunch season.

Also, Leafs took Boston and the refs to 7 games, with Kadri sitting 3 games for a standard Marchand play.

Swap JVR and Bozak for Tavares and Thornton, and maybe penalize Marchand when he headshots/licks people, and I’m not sure Bruins make it to game 5.

That's a good point about the UFA market and perhaps they will have to trade Nylander anyways for a D prospect that can hopefully slot into the top four.

The rest is opinion from the once again eliminated team fanbase so it comes with a grain of salt.

Axel574

Dec 9, 2015

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHA. Wow... go back and read the posts on the Leafs board. Then go have a look at the people who voted no on the JT thread on our board. 70% leafs fans.

Do you honestly believe the crap you post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad