Speculation: Tavares Tells Toronto, "I'm YOUR Huckleberry Now". Fans leaguewide mourn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
So does it make me a bad person that I kinda wanna boo Tavares his first night hr comes to St. Louis on his new team for not even considering us? I don't actively dislike him but that does still kinda irk me pretty bad.

Reactions: SteveR85

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
So does it make me a bad person that I kinda wanna boo Tavares his first night hr comes to St. Louis on his new team for not even considering us? I don't actively dislike him but that does still kinda irk me pretty bad.
Why boo him? I get that it sucks to be ignored, but it's his right. Blues may be a top 10 team on his list but realistically we were so far down the list there wasnt a possibility

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I would like to think that the idea of this so called "mystery team" entering the fray at the 11th hour was done solely to prolong the life of this thread. Because Blues.

Reactions: RoarBacon

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I would like to think that the idea of this so called "mystery team" entering the fray at the 11th hour was done solely to prolong the life of this thread. Because Blues.
tenor.gif

Reactions: HighNote

BluesBrother

Sep 22, 2009
Finland

Would it really make you feel better if He chose blues to be in his top 3, and eventually end up to sharks..

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Morrow-Gomez-Havlat
Langenbrunner-Arnott-Jokinen

Dream bottom 6
You're crazy if you think the NHL would allow that. That bottom 6 is too fast even for the refs and linemen to catch up with so they'd ban the possibility of it happening in order to maintain control of the game.

Reactions: KirkOut

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Would it really make you feel better if He chose blues to be in his top 3, and eventually end up to sharks..

Kinda, yeah? I can get the argument of taking the Sharks over us. But Dallas? That still just feels weird as crap to me.unless its off ice reasons.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
Kinda, yeah? I can get the argument of taking the Sharks over us. But Dallas? That still just feels weird as crap to me.unless its off ice reasons.

If it’s money then he will probably save several hundred thousand a year playing in a state with no income tax. IDK what any other reason might be.

I’m still hoping it is Tampa Bay, maybe then Brayden Point would become available. It’s his last season under his ELC. I wouldn’t hesitate to give up some of our quality prospects.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
If it’s money then he will probably save several hundred thousand a year playing in a state with no income tax. IDK what any other reason might be.

I’m still hoping it is Tampa Bay, maybe then Brayden Point would become available. It’s his last season under his ELC. I wouldn’t hesitate to give up some of our quality prospects.

If Tampa lands Tavares they should be moving Tyler Johnson, not Point.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
So...if he were staying with the Islanders...wouldn't he have already done it by now? Looking like free agency is going to happen. T-minus 07:01:00.

Xanadude

Jun 12, 2018
Ballwin
So...if he were staying with the Islanders...wouldn't he have already done it by now? Looking like free agency is going to happen. T-minus 07:01:00.
He really is running out the clock here, but Stamkos did the same thing IIRC. Can't imagine being a NYI fan right now.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
I can’t see why anyone would think Tavares is returning to the Islanders. He’s had all the meetings with other teams. If he wasn’t swayed by one of them why then wait to resign with the Islanders? That wouldn’t make sense. I think he’s definitely leaving the Islanders. I’m betting my entire Tavares poker chips on he’s signing with San Jose.

Reactions: The Note in MI

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
I agree with @PiggySmalls I would like to see him sign in Tampa. Then they would have to shred salary. With the Blues having a ton of space we could take the cap dump of Callahan. In doing so I would push hard after Point since starting next year he will make more than Johnson. If Tampa rebukes trading Point then you use it to your advantage to lower the price on Johnson.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
I agree with @PiggySmalls I would like to see him sign in Tampa. Then they would have to shred salary. With the Blues having a ton of space we could take the cap dump of Callahan. In doing so I would push hard after Point since starting next year he will make more than Johnson. If Tampa rebukes trading Point then you use it to your advantage to lower the price on Johnson.

That’s the ideal scenario. I just think he’ll be a Shark.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
When JT doesn't sign with the Blues, I'll thank him for the opportunity to poach his newly cap strapped team and improve the Blues for a whole lot less money

Reactions: Stealth JD

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
The mystery team is obviously the Blues. Duhhhhh.

Army: Pat, tell your client we have a blank check here with dollars and term and a 50M sponsorship deal from Enterprise on the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad