Speculation: Tavares Tells Toronto, "I'm YOUR Huckleberry Now". Fans leaguewide mourn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
Is it weird that CapFriendly no longer lists Tavares on the Islanders?
He’s an unrestricted free agent, he doesn’t have a current contract right?

I kinda want him to go to Toronto, and see them magic themselves cap wise to make a super team. Would be on fun team to watch for sure

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
If the Sharks get Tavares, do they have enough room to sign Hertl?

If the Sharks sign Tavares for 11 million per year they would have almost 8 million left in cap space. I’m betting Thornton will sign for relatively cheap. With Thornton and Hertl signed it would make 22 signed players. They would only need 1 to make 23.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
I somehow think that no matter what occurs, Blues fans will probably be disappointed once again. I am the eternal Blues optimist, but I don't think that we will solve our issues with this years free agency group.

Tavares is the only free agent that really solves issues for the Blues. I have to think most Blues fans believe they will try to address their needs via trade.

Girth Butcher

Mar 15, 2014
St. Louis
Sounds like he's escaping the island, but could have his rights traded first so he gets an 8 year deal and leaves something for the islander fans.
If so, pretty classy move!

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
Tavares is the only free agent that really solves issues for the Blues. I have to think most Blues fans believe they will try to address their needs via trade.

That or management thinks we are close to being a good team and only need to let a few of our prospects mature. I somehow think that we will get a couple of free agents, but they won't be major game changers, probably more pieces shoring up the 2nd or 3rd lines making us more competitive, but probably not putting us over the top as a Finals challenger.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Tavares doesn't even solve all our issues. But that's the thing. It's not about solving ALL of our issues. It is about solving a SINGLE issue. Then you solve the next. Then the next. Until you are left with less issues and smaller ones than every other team. Then you win the cup. But saying, we shouldn't do this move or that move because it doesn't solve all our issues is defeatist. Waiting for our youth doesn't solve all our issues either. Next year's UFA crop won't solve out issues. Trades won't solve our issues. We need some combination of the above. Tavares could have solved several issues in a big way. It gave us a strong 1-2 C punch. It instantly gives us 2 credible scoring threat lines: Schenn-Schwartz-whoever, whoever-Tavares-Tarasenko. So we talked about it and it didn't happen (most likely). So we can move on and try to tackle the issues some other way. Any forward progress is positive as long as it doesn't cause more issues than it solves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad