Tavares considered Bruins 'quite a bit' before signing with Maple Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
When I see a reply like what you just said, I will never forget Tavares scoring the game winning goal against the Islanders this season that clinched Toronto's playoff spot, giving him a new career high in points and the look on Islanders fans after he scored.

This reminds me of when the Red Bulls played NYCFC in 2016. In the first meeting we beat them handily at RBA. In the second meeting at Yankee Stadium we administered the biggest ass kicking in the history of MLS on them with a 0-7 scoreline. A month later we played boy city again at YS, they won the game and celebrated it like it was the greatest moment in team history and that they had somehow gotten revenge after having been destroyed in an unprecedented manor.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
if you are anything like your hometown boy coming home, I would say being a pathological liar is a normal thing in the "Leaf Nation"
Just remember that Tavares is not the first player to say they want to re-sign with their current team and that never happened. Zach Parise said the same thing about wanting to return with the Devils before he signed with the Wild. What do they both have in common, Lou Lamoriello was the GM who failed to re-sign both players.

Reactions: MattySnipes

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
Just remember that Tavares is not the first player to say they want to re-sign with their current team and that never happened. Zach Parise said the same thing about wanting to return with the Devils before he signed with the Wild. What do they both have in common, Lou Lamoriello was the GM who failed to re-sign both players.

so Parise is a lying snake as well, and I am sure like Tavares you would like Lou to be the fall guy in this

Reactions: Cygnusx1018

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Almost as sweet as this moment right here...

At least Leafs fans were respectful towards Sundin when he played against them that night even though he wished not to be traded, saying he didn't want to be a rental player and it caused other Leafs players at the time to not accept any trades. Later on he signs with the Canucks during the next season and became a rental player. Anyway this was Leafs fans reactions towards Sundin in his welcome back video.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Boy, am I bored with this subject. Rather than get wordy, let me break it down for you:
Pajama Boy(I will NEVER call him anything else)lied to management and the fans about his intentions, being sure to keep the band together in Toronto while he slithered away during the night.

you heard him say... "no worries im coming back?" is that what you are attempting leading us to believe?

omg

delusional... or just pure fan fiction!!!

what he did say is "im going to july 1st and listening to offers because im hoping I will get one I am hopeful for"

remember something that should not be need to be said by me again and again and again... he was NEVER IN A LEGAL POSITION to talk to Toronto ahead of time. He could never be sure he would get the offer he was wanting!!!!!!!

he told islanders… "sure, I like it here... its ok... if I come back its ok
but IM HOPING TO TEST THE MARKET!!!!!!!!"

now, if your teams management was too DELUSIONAL to understand... then deal with it!!!! they screwed themselves!!!! and im sorry, but if you fans buy into it... you show a complete lack of understanding simple reality. theres really no protecting you as anything other than naïve!

Again... just so this can sink in. he DIDNT SIGN HIS EXTENSION... that is his very LOUD CLEAR EASY TO UNDERSTAND STATEMENT that we can all understand

as for your personally being bored with this subject... im sure cows and pigs are bored if you want to teach them europeon history or simple math. If you cant undrestand the topic when it gets explained it probably will seem boring

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I will add in the positive... taveres was very worthy of being a first overall pick. he did a very good job for the islanders when he was there. being stuck with wingers like moulson and bailey isnt exactly the help a lot of other teams give their top player.

moving to Toronto and getting marner to play with has elevated him into the conversation as a top 10 center. if he was in boston and playing with pastrnak I am quite sure our bruin fans would be in love

and maybe he wouldnt have posted that very poor choice pajama picture???

islander fans are butthurt and thats ok... they lost a great player. they had a sucky team for most of the past decade and wasted his time there. if I was an islander fan I dearly suspect id be butt hurt too.

but I easily saw Tavares leaving. I posted arrogantly and know it all as is my usual style for months saying Tavares was 100% gone. I also said islanders shouldnt trade him as a rental because they needed to show their fans they were trying for the playoffs.

im usually much smarter than most people... but im no super genius. if I saw this happening as a 95% guarantee, then surely the people running the islander team should have seen it coming too.

I feel bad for fans that keep getting blind sided by these type of things. its like when boston let johnny boychuk and milan lucic go... when we traded seguin and thornton… I dont get everything right that I predict months ahead of time but some things are very obvious if you just keep your eyes open and dont believe every piece of pr you get fed.

I didnt like when boston traded seguin, kessel, Hamilton, wheeler, thornton but I did predict 3 out of those 5 things months before they happened and the other 2 didnt exactly shock me

if we pay attention we can see these things coming... and we dont have to be totally butthurt after the fact

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: LeafsNation75

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
you heard him say... "no worries im coming back?" is that what you are attempting leading us to believe?

omg

what he did say is "im going to july 1st and listening to offers because im hoping I will get one I am hopeful for"

remember something that should not be need to be said by me again and again and again... he was NEVER IN A LEGAL POSITION to talk to Toronto ahead of time. He could never be sure he would get the offer he was wanting!!!!!!!

now, if your teams management was too DELUSIONAL to understand... then deal with it!!!! they screwed themselves!!!! and im sorry, but if you fans buy into it... you show a complete lack of understanding simple reality. theres really no protecting you as anything other than naïve!

Again... just so this can sink in. he DIDNT SIGN HIS EXTENSION... that is his very LOUD CLEAR EASY TO UNDERSTAND STATEMENT that we can all understand

as for your personally being bored with this subject... im sure cows and pigs are bored if you want to teach them europeon history or simple math. If you cant undrestand the topic when it gets explained it probably will seem boring
I will use the Steven Stamkos example one more time. He tested the market and talked to Toronto about possibly signing with them, even though at the time Tampa Bay was in a much better position than the Islanders were when they lost Tavares.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008

omg

First off, your spelling is horrendous. Secondly, we have all heard the leafsplaining(did I just invent a new word?) beyond the point of exhaustion.
Thirdly, I do not care what you believe, the snake did what I said he did. Lastly, STOP YELLING AT ME!

Reactions: sabremike

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
I will add in the positive... taveres was very worthy of being a first overall pick. he did a very good job for the islanders when he was there. being stuck with wingers like moulson and bailey isnt exactly the help a lot of other teams give their top player.
He could barely stay on his skates in year one, and without Moulson to feed he would have been widely considered a bust.
I am done with you, believe whatever gets you through the night.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
It is funnier that way.
It's funnier to be wrong? I guess you do you.

Did they hand sets of them out on JT Day after we beat you in the Coliseum?
No, we don't really care about losing meaningless regular season games, where only one team plays their backup and played the previous night. It was more disgraceful and embarrassing that you'd treat somebody like that, let alone your best player who gave everything to your franchise.

When both teams were on even playing fields, it was clear who the better team was.

He could barely stay on his skates in year one, and without Moulson to feed he would have been widely considered a bust.
I never thought Islanders fans would get so far gone that they'd claim Moulson of all people made Tavares what he was. That's pretty sad. :laugh:

Reactions: LeafsNation75

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
It's funnier to be wrong? I guess you do you.

No, we don't really care about losing meaningless regular season games, where only one team plays their backup and played the previous night. It was more disgraceful and embarrassing that you'd treat somebody like that, let alone your best player who gave everything to your franchise.

When both teams were on even playing fields, it was clear who the better team was.

I never thought Islanders fans would get so far gone that they'd claim Moulson of all people made Tavares what he was. That's pretty sad. :laugh:
In the first two games the Isles didn't just beat you guys, they caved in your freaking skulls on a 10-1 aggregate. The fact they murdered you guys so bad suggests what the players really thought of what Bedsheet Boy did. Also I will point out the Isles actually had an excellent record in the second games of b2b's, so yeah that excuse doesn't fly.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
In the first two games the Isles didn't just beat you guys, they caved in your freaking skulls on a 10-1 aggregate.
Lol. Sure, bud. Whatever helps you sleep. :laugh:

The fact they murdered you guys so bad suggests what the players really thought of what Bedsheet Boy did.
Actually, NYI players have said nothing but nice and complimentary things about Tavares, his time with the Islanders, and the things he has done for the city. They have repeatedly said that he did nothing wrong. They have only come to his defense, even with full knowledge of the disgraceful position their fans were taking.

The fact that they played well might have something to do with some fans actually showing up that game.

Also I will point out the Isles actually had an excellent record in the second games of b2b's, so yeah that excuse doesn't fly.
Just because you have a good record in back-to-backs with your unsustainable numbers, doesn't mean every team does. We play a fast tempo game, we had a rookie backup with a lot of struggles, and for once, your building had people in it and there was energy and something to play for. Good job for winning your lopsided scenario, but thinking it means anything about the quality of the teams is pretty sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad