Tavares considered Bruins 'quite a bit' before signing with Maple Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
Wow he has a whole 2 more points than Tavares.

How did they do in the regular season? Oh that's right Tavares had 47 goals and 88 points. Without having Tavares to protect Barzal from tougher matches he had 18 goals and 62 points.
But when we point out our superior won loss record, you tell us the regular season means nothing.

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
Well, when something as stupid as a bunch of fat, unemployed lowlifes who gather around to burn a country flag where over 90% of your team is from, then yes, that level of stupidity tends to stick in one's mind over the course of time.
I also do not forget your scummy fan base cheering after Tucker took out Peca and than booing after Peca got to his feet

Reactions: sabremike

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
Says the person with a fan base that had adults crying on TV before Tavares first game back in Long Island and was throwing rubber snakes at him during the pre game.
What has never been reported is that the ushers confiscated all the real snakes. Except for the one on the ice.

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
You realize a very similar situation once took place in Toronto, only it was the NBA and it was Vince Carter who was the franchise player who totally screwed over the Raptors and their fans. And when those fans reacted like the Isles fans in booing the hell out of the guy I had zero problem with it because you had every right to despise the guy. The Raptors fans weren't "classless" and neither were the Isles fans.

Except at the 11th hour, Carter wanted to stay, and our idiot GM at that time, Rob Babcock, didn't want to "look stupid" because he had a deal already in place, and decided to trade him anyways. Blame goes to both MLSE and Carter for how they conducted themselves during this time.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
you scum did not even give him a video tribute and you booed him in his return
Shanahan and Lou stopped doing video tributes at all until Dubas took over. Maybe it had something to do with Kessel, I don't know, but that's not the fan's choice anyway. He should have got one, and I doubt Leaf fans would have been so classless to boo all throughout.

Kessel got some light boos when he touched the puck in his initial return, yes, like pretty much all stars in that position do. Comparing that to the disgusting display by Islanders fans is ridiculous and dishonest.

If anything, there was more justifiable reason to be upset at Kessel than there is Tavares.

Leaf fans have defended him and talked highly of him before, during, and ever since the trade.

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
Given who a certain infamous late Toronto political figure was I would refer to this as leading with your chin.

Despite all of his flaws, Rob Ford was actually a great mayor. Unlike his predecessors, he actually put the screws to the tax and spend windbags and financed a lot of municipal projects with his own money.

He just happened to love crack and whores... ;)

Reactions: sabremike

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
Shanahan and Lou stopped doing video tributes at all until Dubas took over. Maybe it had something to do with Kessel, I don't know, but that's not the fan's choice anyway. He should have got one, and I doubt Leaf fans would have been so classless to boo all throughout.

Kessel got some light boos when he touched the puck in his initial return, yes, like pretty much all stars in that position do. Comparing that to the disgusting display by Islanders fans is ridiculous and dishonest.

If anything, there was more justifiable reason to be upset at Kessel than there is Tavares.
Tavares lied for years and than used the Islanders to get more money from the Leafs, you traded Kessel for assets when I am pretty sure he was fine in staying where he was, yea I am sure you have a right to be more angry at your player

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Look at the offer he got from the Leafs, look at the offer he got from the Isles and note there was a $15 million difference between the two.
No there wasn't. He had the same offer from the NYI. If anything, I think more because he would have got the extra year.

And it's funny that everyone misses the irony that as matter has developed if he HAD stayed he would actually have a better chance of winning a cup than he does in Toronto if for no other reason than they will have to go through the Tampa/Boston/Florida (assuming they sign Panarin and Bob) gauntlet for the foreseeable future.
He would not have a better chance at a cup on the Islanders. Toronto is a better team, and as we've seen, the "gauntlet" is beatable. Also, "Boston"? "Future"? Not too worried.

Also, you do realize a cup means you have to go through at least one of those teams too, right? :laugh:

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Despite all of his flaws, Rob Ford was actually a great mayor. Unlike his predecessors, he actually put the screws to the tax and spend windbags and financed a lot of municipal projects with his own money.

He just happened to love crack and ****es... ;)
Finally some common ground!

Rocky Balboa: "You guys didn't like me, but if an Islanders fan and a Leafs fan can get along maybe there's hope for us all!!"

(Yes I know I'm screwing up the quote. Hard for me to rewatch that movie because I cry like a baby when Apolo Creed dies. Don't judge me!).

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
You realize a very similar situation once took place in Toronto, only it was the NBA and it was Vince Carter who was the franchise player who totally screwed over the Raptors and their fans. And when those fans reacted like the Isles fans in booing the hell out of the guy I had zero problem with it because you had every right to despise the guy. The Raptors fans weren't "classless" and neither were the Isles fans.
One major difference Carter admitted in an interview to not always trying give 100% before the Raptors had traded him. In any Tavares interview since he signed in Toronto he never said anything similar to that.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
He would not have a better chance at a cup on the Islanders. Toronto is a better team, and as we've seen, the "gauntlet" is beatable. Also, "Boston"? "Future"? Not too worried.

Also, you do realize a cup means you have to go through at least one of those teams too, right? :laugh:
Toronto already has their hands full with Boston. The better team quote is where you lost me. Show me proof, or at least a pic of the (wet) sheets.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario

Leaf fans have defended him and talked highly of him before, during, and ever since the trade.
Maybe I'm wrong but I thought Dion Phaneuf got a tribute video in his first game against the Leafs after he was traded to the Senators.

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
The Carter situation was a mess, and it was classless to boo him.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Tavares lied for years and than used the Islanders to get more money from the Leafs, you traded Kessel for assets when I am pretty sure he was fine in staying where he was, yea I am sure you have a right to be more angry at your player
Sorry, I'm trying to discuss things that actually happened in reality, not in made up self-hating conspiracies.

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
One major difference Carter admitted in an interview to not always trying give 100% before the Raptors had traded him. In any Tavares interview since he signed in Toronto he never said anything similar to that.
actions speak louder than words, at least Carter is honest, I am assuring you last year Tavares DELIBERATELY did his part to make sure the Islanders did not make the playoffs, this is something I said at the time and now in now in retrospect it is pretty obvious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->