Friedman: Tavares and Lamoriello Have Had Contact; More Details In Coming Days

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
It isn't weird. Lou was contacting Tavares on behalf of the Islanders (as mentioned in OP). This is the least weird thing that could happen: An Islanders' organization executive is trying to retain a franchise player.

First, it is only speculation that he contacted him on behalf of the Isles. Second, he is not part of the organization yet.

Perhaps you should check facts.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
According to one of our better sources on the Isles board, Tavares has re-signed with the Islanders.
Nothing against the Islanders or Islander fans.

But if true, I hope Tavares gets what he deserves. He was criminally underpaid on his last contract.

Reactions: Cygnusx1018

steinerecliner

May 15, 2018
To say Tavares re-signed Please provide links because other wise is just trolling because I am calling BS unless you show me a reliable soruce.

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
For all we know, they were just making a bet on the Preakness. Nothing in the Friedman tweets suggests that hockey was even the topic of conversation.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
It all makes sense.

Lou has done what he was hired to do in Toronto.

His home and family are on Long Island.

In true Lou fashion, he has severed ties with the Leafs, agreed to join the Isles, and wasted no time in recruiting Tavares to sign a new contract on the Island.

As always, we will find out about it all after-the-fact.

Well done, Lou, and kudos to the Islanders. A true win-win!

Reactions: Konk

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
According to one of our better sources on the Isles board, Tavares has re-signed with the Islanders.

Amazing he's considered not just a "better source," but reliable enough to post as probably true.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Lou is frigging brilliant. He talks contract with Tavares while he's still working for Toronto. A week later he takes the job with the Islanders, then BOOM right before the draft he files a complaint with the NHL for his own tampering and Toronto has to give the Islanders draft picks. Two weeks later JT signs an extension with the Islanders.

I kid I kid

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Betting Leafs were given permission to talk to Tavares if Lou was given permission to sign with the Isles.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
i can see the Leaf nation now...."oh my gawd oh my gawd, he's going to sign with the Leafs !!!" ;)

Can you imagine the conspiracies in NY if he does sign with the Leafs. I almost want it to happen now, but with Lou in the picture I'm pretty sure Tavares stays.

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
Can you imagine the conspiracies in NY if he does sign with the Leafs. I almost want it to happen now, but with Lou in the picture I'm pretty sure Tavares stays.

him signing in Toronto actually makes a lot of sense being from the area and all. he might just be what the Leafs need to put them over the top and his 37 goals would replace the 36 you're gonna lose if JVR leaves. o_O

Reactions: Legionnaire

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
him signing in Toronto actually makes a lot of sense being from the area and all. he might just be what the Leafs need to put them over the top and his 37 goals would replace the 36 you're gonna lose if JVR leaves. o_O

Tavares to Toronto makes a lot of sense. A #1 D man would make even more sense, but JT and AM down the middle and you're talking a contender either way.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $325.00