Friedman: Tavares and Lamoriello Have Had Contact; More Details In Coming Days

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
So the real question is, do guys like Nick Leddy and Andrew Ladd have to start shaving the beards they have been growing for years?

FlyingLeafus

But what about the playoffs?
Jan 4, 2009
Milton
With his (now) former connection to the Leafs organization, what chance is there he trades Tavares' rights to the Leafs and Dubas for a hefty price as a fall back plan in case JT insists on testing the waters?

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
The optics are really bad on this based on the information that is public, but we need all the facts before reaching a conclusion. And remember, it doesn't matter when he was hired by the Islanders, it matters when he terminated his employment with the Leafs relative to any tampering issues with his conversations with Tavares. It just seems odd that we had no formal announcement that he left the Leafs until today and the conversation with Tavares is alleged to have happened several days ago.

Reactions: Mork

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
How long till he announces Mark Hunter as his GM? :huh:
That probably would not happen until Lou's son Chris, the Islander's Senior VP of Hockey Operations, is firmly embedded in a very highpaying position with the Islanders or elsewhere.

The one who wins the most is Chris -- the new Stan Bowman.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
The optics are really bad on this based on the information that is public, but we need all the facts before reaching a conclusion. And remember, it doesn't matter when he was hired by the Islanders, it matters when he terminated his employment with the Leafs relative to any tampering issues with his conversations with Tavares. It just seems odd that we had no formal announcement that he left the Leafs until today and the conversation with Tavares is alleged to have happened several days ago.
Lou is a quiet one.

I'm sure he cleared his status with the Leafs long before it became public.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
If this means Snow is out from running the team then congrats, Isles fans. About damn time. I also think the Isles' chance at re-signing Tavares just went up significantly, if concerns about the teams' future is what is holding him back. Lou seems very well respected around the league.
Wish the owners had removed Snow last summer,but glad he's been stripped of his front office power.

I do not think I have ever seen a GM who accomplished so little,have so much team control for so long.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
With his (now) former connection to the Leafs organization, what chance is there he trades Tavares' rights to the Leafs and Dubas for a hefty price as a fall back plan in case JT insists on testing the waters?

If he trades Tavares rights, it would be to the highest bidder whether that is the leafs or another team.

FlyingLeafus

But what about the playoffs?
Jan 4, 2009
Milton
If he trades Tavares rights, it would be to the highest bidder whether that is the leafs or another team.

This speculation only makes sense if Tavares has made it clear to the Isles that he would like to move on and sees the Leafs as a good situation...

With Lou likely being familiar with what the Leafs might be willing to offer, perhaps he's facillitating a deal between his current and former team and working out a sign and trade? The highest bidder in this situation being the team who knows with certainty that they're getting more than just his rights. Probably just wishful thinking if you're a Leafs fan, but anything is possible with Lou. I wonder what sort of package it would take.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Lou: Hey John, how are you and your family?
John: Pretty good, yourself?
Lou: They're doing well.

FrIEdMaN: tAVaRes aND LAmoRieLLo hAVe hAD cONtaCT.

Speculation on what they were talking about is also a good bait tweet.

Lou is a family man. He likely was just saying hello.

Reactions: Cygnusx1018

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Lou is a quiet one.

I'm sure he cleared his status with the Leafs long before it became public.

It's just further proof that when Lou is in charge, your media are full of it as far as leaks/inside information go.

Probably the best assets Lou brought to the Leafs was strict codes of conduct within the organization even including the no facial hair rule. No leaks, everything is internal, everyone is accountable and plays for the crest on the jersey.

Will that type of approach benefit the Islanders? Not sure, but it was a blessing for the Leafs because they needed that structure.

I'd be very happy and optimistic if I was an Islanders fan, gonna be really interesting to see what he does and also what happens with the Leafs with his absence (I'm expecting it to be fine, just saying it's interesting)

But....can you imagine, if Tavares did end up going UFA and signing with the Leafs after this? That would certainly be bizarre in a way. Or if something happened like a sign and trade with the Leafs, there would definitely be some talk about collusion of some sort. Though I think Tavares will absolutely re-sign with the Islanders, always thought he'd stay there.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
It's July already?

Why would the Isles need to wait until July?

Gotta love those Dippin Dots.

dippindotsbubblegum.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad