Friedman: Tavares and Lamoriello Have Had Contact; More Details In Coming Days

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
With Lou involved, somehow, someway, this will end up costing the Blues a player and a 1st round pick for collusion. It doesn't matter if they are involved are not, some things just are.
Ah yes, the Scott Stevens debacle.

Reactions: Cygnusx1018

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
I think Tavares will still go to UFA and could very well come back to NYI after feeling out the water (similar to what Stammer did).

That said, the fact that the Leafs would allow Lou to talk with JT and approve his move to the NYI organisation while knowing the Leafs off-season plans would lead me to believe that JT might actually not be on the Leafs' radar this off-season. I for one wouldn't mind that. I would love me some JT and we can 100% afford him without getting into cap trouble but I think it would be worth our while to hold off a little bit and wait until next years UFA market. There are a ton of quality players going UFA next summer.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I think Tavares will still go to UFA and could very well come back to NYI after feeling out the water (similar to what Stammer did).

If Tavares doesn't sign with the Islanders before July 1, then he can't get an 8 year deal

Reactions: MikeyMike01

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Leafs needed to clear space in the front office so they can announce mrs Tavares as the new assistant GM, No way John can say no to Mom

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Leafs needed to clear space in the front office so they can announce mrs Tavares as the new assistant GM, No way John can say no to Mom
Moms/Grandmas don't have a good track record here....just ask Reimer's family....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad