Targets in Potential Eichel/Reinhart/Risto trades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rastin

Jul 14, 2004
Reading the boards has been rough since locker cleanout day. Seeing how much trouble this organization is in if we're being forced to move Eichel/Reinhart and Risto is actually making me sick to my stomach.

Reactions: Bferra13

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Vogl getting a lot of comments from his Athletic colleagues on his latest article:

1. Calgary sends right winger Matthew Tkachuk, center prospect Connor Zary and a first-round pick to the Sabres for Eichel
  2. Minnesota sends center prospect Marco Rossi, a first-round pick and either defenseman Matt Dumba or forward Jordan Greenway to the Sabres for Eichel
  3. Los Angeles sends center Quinton Byfield, a secondary prospect and goalie Jonathan Quick to the Sabres for Eichel
  4. Los Angeles sends centers Alex Turcotte and Gabriel Vilardi, a secondary prospect and goalie Jonathan Quick to the Sabres for Eichel
  5. Arizona sends left winger Clayton Keller, goalie Darcy Kuemper and a first-round pick to the Sabres for Eichel
  6. Detroit sends winger Filip Zadina or Lucas Raymond plus additional prospects and picks to the Sabres for Eichel
  7. Washington sends center Evgeny Kuznetsov, goaltender Vitek Vanecek and a first-round pick to the Sabres for Eichel
  8. Tampa Bay sends center Anthony Cirelli and defenseman Mikhail Sergachev to the Sabres for Eichel

All the proposals assume only Eichel is being moved by the Sabres. It almost never works that way. If Eichel is dealt other players, picks, and/or prospects are going with him.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

Slapshot85

Jul 1, 2011
Reading the boards has been rough since locker cleanout day. Seeing how much trouble this organization is in if we're being forced to move Eichel/Reinhart and Risto is actually making me sick to my stomach.

It's tough, but I'm not as down as you may be once Granato took over and we saw a young team improve week-after-week. We have some promising young talent to build around with Cozens and Dahlin, with other young players who can build around them already on the roster. Guys like Jack Quinn, John Jason Peterka, Samuelsson, Luukkonen are a bit further along in development but look promising (A healthly Quinn could be fun to watch next year with the Amerks). Throw in a top three selection in this year's draft.

The key, however, is what we get in return for Eichel, Reinhart, and Risto. Adding a blue-chip prospect or two, some first round picks in the next two drafts will add to the cupboards. The other key is for the Pegulas to actually get out-of-the-way, give Adams the money and space to do what he needs to do (build up the hockey department, for starters and hire the right coach, for starters). It might suck for another season, maybe two, but I'm not as gloom-and-doom, though I understand and share the frustrations.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
1. Throw in a 2022 1st, and I'm game. Tkachuk is they type of player the Sabres are missing. I'd also need to know that the team is in position to take Beniers. It'd also be really good if Reinhart stayed.

2. Nope. JEE, two 1sts, and either Dumba or Greenway.

3. Nope. Send Eichel, take on Quick, and only get Byfield and a secondary prospect in return? Pass.

4. Nope, but closer. Turcotte, Vilardi, 2021 1st, and Bjornfot for Eichel, if the Sabres are taking Quick too.

5. Not enough, by a lot.

6. Maybe. Add in Veleno and a 2022 1st, and I'm considering.

7. Nope, not taking on a problem.

8. Done.

Respectfully I see buffalo fans putting Joel Eriksson Ek. He's untouchable along with kaprizov

Wild aren't trading stud 2way c like Joel Eriksson Ek

Marco rossi will be available, not ek.

Wild notebook: Jack Eichel trade considerations, plus the latest on Zach Parise and Matt Boldy

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Exactly my point.

I was respnding to a proposal by a Wild fan.

Most you guys are playing a game where you're just naming another team's best players...

Totally agree. Because as wild see it, interest would be to bring in eichel to have a 1-2 c of eichel, & el

But if not, wild rather keep boldy, Joel Eriksson Ek, Marco rossi, fiala, & dumba who if you put these players together will score more combined than eichel

Kaprizov scored 53 points, 27 goals with victor rask. An average c, or rookie c will help kaprizov have even more points

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Respectfully I see buffalo fans putting Joel Eriksson Ek. He's untouchable along with kaprizov

Wild notebook: Jack Eichel trade considerations, plus the latest on Zach Parise and Matt Boldy

So, obviously, I'm not the Sabres GM.

But, as I've said in this thread, I have to think the priority on an Eichel trade would be immediate help. Acquiring Eichel should be painful in terms of the assets you will have to give up.

Because a simple question I ask is: Are you better with a 90+ point top line center or a 40 pt defensive center?

Rastin

Jul 14, 2004
I'm right there with you on the optimism running up to the end of the year. We've got some great young talent and I was really looking forward to seeing what they can do while sheltered by Eichel. The possibility of an Eichel - Reinhart - Mittelstadt center spine had me positively giddy. Sam looked EXCELLENT at center down the stretch. But now..... Eichel wants out. His return will never be lower with the questions regarding his injury. If we trade Jack, then Sam is gone next year. It's not good.

It's tough, but I'm not as down as you may be once Granato took over and we saw a young team improve week-after-week. We have some promising young talent to build around with Cozens and Dahlin, with other young players who can build around them already on the roster. Guys like Jack Quinn, John Jason Peterka, Samuelsson, Luukkonen are a bit further along in development but look promising (A healthly Quinn could be fun to watch next year with the Amerks). Throw in a top three selection in this year's draft.

The key, however, is what we get in return for Eichel, Reinhart, and Risto. Adding a blue-chip prospect or two, some first round picks in the next two drafts will add to the cupboards. The other key is for the Pegulas to actually get out-of-the-way, give Adams the money and space to do what he needs to do (build up the hockey department, for starters and hire the right coach, for starters). It might suck for another season, maybe two, but I'm not as gloom-and-doom, though I understand and share the frustrations.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
So, obviously, I'm not the Sabres GM.

But, as I've said in this thread, I have to think the priority on an Eichel trade would be immediate help. Acquiring Eichel should be painful in terms of the assets you will have to give up.

Because a simple question I ask is: Are you better with a 90+ point top line center or a 40 pt defensive center?

Wild are better with Ek

He scored 13 goals in 3rd period including gwg yesterday

Points, & Goals aren't everything people make it out to be

Wild will not under any circumstances trade Joel Eriksson Ek. He des things people don't see. Superstars hate the against him like when eichel suckered punch him

Like if you look at Brodin, he's one of the best dman in the NHL, & doesn't score much

Wild were #1, or #2 in power plays scored in much of the 2nd half of the season through NHL years end

Kaprizov, & fiala more than make up for the scoring

They will be joined by matt boldy, , & Marco Rossi

Wild also have matt dumba and Jared spurgeon who are very good scorers in their own end

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Eichel to Wild would need to contain one of Kaprizov/ErikssokEk/Brodin and two of Rossi/Boldy/Greenway/2021 1st+2nd/Dumba

Kaprizov is untouchable : wild aren't trading their franchise player for eichel. Goal is to get eichel to play with him
Brodin is untouchable ; player with 7 years extension, no movement isn't waiving; neither are yeah no team is trading their #1 d, top 5d in NHL for eichel
Eriksson Ek is untouchable : wild aren't interested in trading a young stud 2 way c.

Not to be disrespectful but some of you, specifically what you wrote is just not realistic; aren't really understanding dream, & facts

GameMisconduct

Jul 20, 2006
Kaprizov is untouchable : wild aren't trading their franchise player for eichel. Goal is to get eichel to play with him
Brodin is untouchable ; player with 7 years extension, no movement isn't waiving; neither are yeah no team is trading their #1 d, top 5d in NHL for eichel
Eriksson Ek is untouchable : wild aren't interested in trading a young stud 2 way c.

Not to be disrespectful but some of you, specifically what you wrote is just not realistic; aren't really understanding dream, & facts
Similarly, and again no disrespect intended, you aren't really understanding the dynamic of trading for a talent like Eichel. Of course your team doesn't want to part with your best assets (nor does any team), however those assets are what it should take (given a competent job from the GM of the Sabres) to land Eichel--that price of that deal is going to hurt. And unless a return like that can be garnered, the Sabres shouldn't trade him.

A trade might just not make sense between these teams. Again, unless there is incompetence by the Sabres (or catastrophic injury issues for Eichel), it seems likely some team will eventually pay that sort of price.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005

If you start the conversation in trading for a player of Eichel's caliber with "all these guys are untouchable" then you're not getting Eichel. It's as simple as that.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything

There's nothing unrealistic about expecting to get good players back for a top 5 NHL center under the age of 25 signed for 5 more seasons. I get EE is a great player, but he's not a franchise center. He's a very good two way center. You have to give to get

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
If you start the conversation in trading for a player of Eichel's caliber with "all these guys are untouchable" then you're not getting Eichel. It's as simple as that.

No disrespect at all, but he listed 3 players who buffalo will never get in a deal with any trade

Come on,,realistic no team is trading their top d like Brodin. Wild certainly aren't going kaprizov & Brodin like ever, nor is Brodin, & soon kaprizov are waiving

Then Joel Eriksson Ek is a Total stud whose become untouchable by wild fans, & management

If buffalo can get a team to give you that, then congratulations but no team is making a herschel Walker trade in this day , & age

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
There's nothing unrealistic about expecting to get good players back for a top 5 NHL center under the age of 25 signed for 5 more seasons. I get EE is a great player, but he's not a franchise center. He's a very good two way center. You have to give to get

I think buffalo fans just don't see Joel Eriksson Ek play. If you do, you would understand why wild fans/ especially management isn't trading him

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
I still like the idea of a Vegas trade around Tuch, Krebs and a first. Heard it again on the NHL network today that Center is a weak spot for the Knights and you know they will go big game hunting. Wonder if we could be a middle man between MAF and the Penguins. Vegas retains a little, we retain a little and add assets.

Last edited:

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site

Not to be disrespectful but we don’t care. If you had to trade Kaprizov this summer you wouldn’t want to hear, “My team wants your franchise player but all our good pieces are off limits.” Then goodbye, no deal.

Bferra13

Apr 7, 2019

If I'm the GM and we're talking an Eichel trade and you tell me player x is unavailable, and you're not the Oilers, or maybe a select few other teams with young superstars then I'm hanging up on you... Respectfully...A player of Eichel's caliber and age never becomes available.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
If I'm the GM and we're talking an Eichel trade and you tell me player x is unavailable, and you're not the Oilers, or maybe a select few other teams with young superstars then I'm hanging up on you. A player of Eichel's caliber and age never becomes available. Respectfully

I listed 3 players, 2 which is obviously in kaprizov and Brodin, & aother one in which wild management won't trade

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Totally agree. Because as wild see it, interest would be to bring in eichel to have a 1-2 c of eichel, & el

But if not, wild rather keep boldy, Joel Eriksson Ek, Marco rossi, fiala, & dumba who if you put these players together will score more combined than eichel

Kaprizov scored 53 points, 27 goals with victor rask. An average c, or rookie c will help kaprizov have even more points

Yet at the same time... Don't come in here discussung a potential Eichel trade with a list of untouchables as long as your arm.

We should expect you to have no real untouchables if you're seriously discussing Eichel.

You should expect us to not ask for ALL of your team's most valuable assets.

As i said in my OP - JEE, Dumba, R1 was a fair proposal IMO.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
I'll grant you Kaprizov/Brodin but I don't understand how Eriksson Ek is untouchable in an Eichel deal. Makes me think you've never seen Jack Eichel play

I have, & so have wild management, & fans

Remember wild & buffalo played last year, the game in which eichel got frustrated and suckered punch Joel Eriksson Ek

Not deamening eichel at all, but kaprizov got 51 points with rask. Marco rossi would give him more.

Wild also have fiala who had slow start to season, & finished with 20 goals. Then you add on Marco rossi, matt boldy, & add scoring of Jared spurgeon, matt dumba, & etc..

I think some of you would / have never seen Ek. Brodin who is one of the best dman in the league doesn't score much either

This year Joel Eriksson Ek had 20 goals including 13 3rd period goals including the game winning goal yesterday vs Vegas

Scoring really isn't everything

With wild d, & wild G , they are a threat to beat anyone especially now with good g in Talbot, & good coach

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Yet at the same time... Don't come in here discussung a potential Eichel trade with a list of untouchables as long as your arm.

We should expect you to have no real untouchables if you're seriously discussing Eichel.

You should not expect us to ask for ALL of your team's most valuable assets.

As i said in my OP - JEE, Dumba, R1 was a fair proposal IMO.

I guess I don't know how many times I can say this, the reason articles don't have wild as a real contender, & just interest is because wild gm will not trade Eriksson Ek

& Frankly wild fans won't either. Wild rather have the player in Ek who shuts down teams opposing best players, & get under their skin like he even has with mark stone whose made numerous comments to media that reaves needed to return to vegas lineup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad