Player Discussion: Tanner Jeannot

Tampa22

Eternally grateful TBL enforcers!
Oct 11, 2010
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Can anyone defend this AWFUL trade?

What a waste of assets. Worthless.
I think nobody can defend the trade, top 3 of the worst in the TB history.
I still like Jeannot, I love that kind of players, I'm a fan of intimidation, hits and fights in the game. I know I have to deal with this new "figure skating hockey" and the new fans against the enforcers but I still think is place for it!

Reactions: aylib

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Tanner Jeannot was lucky we paid him 2.665 per year he robbed JBB
I was not happy when the trade happened, still not happy about it but it is water under the bridge. He’s gonna be here another year then probably sign a 750k contract in Toronto to remind us every game we play against them.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I think nobody can defend the trade, top 3 of the worst in the TB history.
I still like Jeannot, I love that kind of players, I'm a fan of intimidation, hits and fights in the game. I know I have to deal with this new "figure skating hockey" and the new fans against the enforcers but I still think is place for it!
I too don’t like the trade but I like the player. The guy has been battling injuries most of his time here - very unfortunate. I still think he adds something this team needed and needs. Hope he gets cleared soon.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I too don’t like the trade but I like the player. The guy has been battling injuries most of his time here - very unfortunate. I still think he adds something this team needed and needs. Hope he gets cleared soon.
Agreed. For me there was a big hope that we would get Jeannot back to being a 20 goal scorer, but that obviously hasn't happened. That probably will never happen again. We brought in Hagel and he has excelled here offensively. Even Nick Paul is statistically producing better with the Lightning than he did in Ottawa. If Jeannot could get on the score sheet at a higher rate, maybe that would change some feelings - like you said, not about the trade, but about the player. Because having even just a 15 goal guy that is also top 5 in hits, and an intimidating enforcer, is a nice player to have in your lineup.

Reactions: NatoGhost

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
i think jeannot is here to replace maroon, and he has. he maroons better than maroon. but yeah, he cost us a lot.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
All our bottom 6 wingers do when you have Motte and Glendening as your 3 and 4C. Glendening is a good 4C but the lack of an even mediocre 3C is killing the bottom 6. BriseBois needs to find a 3C because the 3rd line is going to be unplayable if he doesn't.
and that in itself is ridiculous, because he might actually hit a career high in goals here this season, yet everything else is a bit of a black hole.

Reactions: Outl4w

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
All our bottom 6 wingers do when you have Motte and Glendening as your 3 and 4C. Glendening is a good 4C but the lack of an even mediocre 3C is killing the bottom 6. BriseBois needs to find a 3C because the 3rd line is going to be unplayable if he doesn't.
We have the 3rd line center already Cirelli
We need a top 6 forward to move him down. Ideally we need top 6 forwards for next year to move down and him.and paul.

Reactions: Rschmitz

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I've been trying to find a replay of it for a while to no avail. At the time Coop said it was a significant injury.
I meant the original one against Frédéric when he got hit in the back. He just disappeared the other night so I figured if it was a back injury, it flaired up again and thats why they kept him out.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Cooper wants to play Cirelli 18-20 a night. Unless we have 5 penalties a game there's no way for him to get those minutes as a 3C, so we are stuck with him as the 2C. We need an offensive 3C who can get the wingers going and the 2nd PP. Someone to play 12-15 and can sit the last 6-8 min in a close game.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Cooper wants to play Cirelli 18-20 a night. Unless we have 5 penalties a game there's no way for him to get those minutes as a 3C, so we are stuck with him as the 2C. We need an offensive 3C who can get the wingers going and the 2nd PP. Someone to play 12-15 and can sit the last 6-8 min in a close game.
Thomas Novak from Nashville is a good target. He'd still be an rfa entering his next deal as well.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay

So this offensive minded 3C, who are his wingers?

Ace-#3C-Jeannot?
4th liner-Glendening-Motte?

If we moved Paul to 3C then we'd need a top 6 winger. Celery to 3C doesn't seem plausable, finding a 2C would get too expensive.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Thomas Novak from Nashville is a good target. He'd still be an rfa entering his next deal as well.

They're going to want way too much for him as he's young and a key player for them. I was thinking more a Granlund in San Jose, unfortunately he has another year after this at 5M which is a problem. San Jose can't really retain because they are already on Karlsson and Burns so won't won't to take that last spot on someone who isn't coming off the books. Could get a 3rd team involved but that will cost a lot for the retention, Granlund at his current price probably costs only a 3rd. Adding Sheary doesn't make sense because the point of getting Granlund is to unlock Sheary. We could always acquire him now and try to dump him in the summer but that will most likely cost more assets.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
So this offensive minded 3C, who are his wingers?

Ace-#3C-Jeannot?
4th liner-Glendening-Motte?

If we moved Paul to 3C then we'd need a top 6 winger. Celery to 3C doesn't seem plausable, finding a 2C would get too expensive.
Jeannot - Granlund - Sheary
Essymoint - Glendening - Motte/Watson

Send down the kids to play more in Syracuse. Granlund hopefully gets Jeannot and Sheary going and helps the 2nd PP.

Paul should be the 3C but Cooper has fallen in love with him like he has Cirelli and wants him in the top 6. We could look for someone like Zucker from Arizona for something like a 3rd + 5th or maybe two 3rds if we need to. If he works could possibly sign a cheap 1 year deal to stick around.

Zucker would be 2LW and Paul goes to 3C.

Reactions: Rschmitz

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I don't know if I have enough faith left in Sheary to think a real 3c is going to fix him, but considering our options it's worth a shot. Need a guy on a 1 year deal though unless he's cheap cheap cheap

Reactions: Stammertime91

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
They're going to want way too much for him as he's young and a key player for them. I was thinking more a Granlund in San Jose, unfortunately he has another year after this at 5M which is a problem. San Jose can't really retain because they are already on Karlsson and Burns so won't won't to take that last spot on someone who isn't coming off the books. Could get a 3rd team involved but that will cost a lot for the retention, Granlund at his current price probably costs only a 3rd. Adding Sheary doesn't make sense because the point of getting Granlund is to unlock Sheary. We could always acquire him now and try to dump him in the summer but that will most likely cost more assets.
Novak won't be cheap, but he fits well as a 3C for them. As an rfa, they'd have some team control and perhaps his next contract would be something they could manage. Granlund as you said would cost extra because of double retention needed. Other options, both with and without term, could be Laughton, Dowd, Roslovic, even I guess Gourde (although with the retention needed for an extra year he would also be pricier than some).

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Ok, who is it?

Which one of ya'll bought a Tanner Jeannot jersey?

L2Ol0bq.png

• Love
Reactions: Tampa22

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad