Player Discussion: Tanner Jeannot

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
I know tampa has a lot of options, but I'm kinda surprised jeannot hasn't be tried on the PK here, given he was Nashvilles go to forward penalty killer.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
1703762698630.jpeg

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Lol still people crying about Jeannot. Much improved from last year. Get over it, or come back in 3-4 years when the trade might actually yield something for Nashville.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Gonna be 3 or 4 years before he yields anything here too. Much improved from terrible can still bad, 5 picks to get a guy on pace for 27 points and disappears when a game gets heated.

Reactions: The Gongshow

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Lol still people crying about Jeannot. Much improved from last year. Get over it, or come back in 3-4 years when the trade might actually yield something for Nashville.
The picks could have been used to trade for more impactful players, probably for more than one year. Like, this year we cant even really improve the team because we emptied the cupboard for Jeannot.

Reactions: DownIsTheNewUp

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Anyone who considers the Jeannot deal anything but an L right now is trolling. Yeah, he's no longer a liability on the ice, whippity doo. We made that deal to help the team win now. Maroon is playing better than him, and Perry did too but we won't go there. Jeannot didn't improve the team.

His first two years in Nashville he was a stud, not just offensively but defensively. 70% defensive zone draws and good shorthanded play. I get why JBB was fascinated with him, but he's not doing what he did in Nashville those first two years to be effective and that's fair to critisize.

Tampa22

Eternally grateful TBL enforcers!
Oct 11, 2010
Buenos Aires, Argentina
The problem was the GM not Jeannot. He's a strong hockey player, capable to score 15-20 goals, young and who can hit like a train and fight. A player with that style is not easy to find in the league but also can easily replaced if he will play in the 3rd or 4th line like we use him. I love that kind of players, I love Jeannot and I understand why people wants more of him, but JBB is the one who need to explain why give too much for him. Jeannot is the same player that was in Nashville, he doesn't change.

Reactions: Pierre Larouche

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
The problem was the GM not Jeannot. He's a strong hockey player, capable to score 15-20 goals, young and who can hit like a train and fight. A player with that style is not easy to find in the league but also can easily replaced if he will play in the 3rd or 4th line like we use him. I love that kind of players, I love Jeannot and I understand why people wants more of him, but JBB is the one who need to explain why give too much for him. Jeannot is the same player that was in Nashville, he doesn't change.

He was on the 3rd line in Nashville his career year, usage is not a problem.

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021
Anyone who considers the Jeannot deal anything but an L right now is trolling. Yeah, he's no longer a liability on the ice, whippity doo. We made that deal to help the team win now. Maroon is playing better than him, and Perry did too but we won't go there. Jeannot didn't improve the team.

His first two years in Nashville he was a stud, not just offensively but defensively. 70% defensive zone draws and good shorthanded play. I get why JBB was fascinated with him, but he's not doing what he did in Nashville those first two years to be effective and that's fair to critisize.
Yes, it was an overpay then, it's an overpay now. JB's most faithful at the time stressed how we don't care about draft picks cause we were trying to win a cup. That is fine, but regardless, you never want to overpay like we did on this one. If we only sent half those picks to get Jeannot, we might be able to use the other half now to get us a depth player to give him someone better to play with on the third line.

That's one thing to keep in mind with Jeannot's current production - look at who he's playing with. He hasn't clicked with Paul, and it's pretty slim pickings after that.

Reactions: Pierre Larouche

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
I’m surprised he’s not a factor at all shorthanded. Very disappointed with his lack of response against FL. I know he’s no shrinking violet so o just don’t get it. Just one game I guess.

The bigger issue is his lack of production. I do agree the lack of depth in the bottom 6 may be negatively impacting his numbers. But if he’s not gonna click with Paul or Cirelli what’s gonna work? Looks like a plugger right now that can fight

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
3rd liners don't really get a choice in linemates and between Paul, Cirelli, Ace and Sheary thats really not that bad.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
3rd liners don't really get a choice in linemates and between Paul, Cirelli, Ace and Sheary thats really not that bad.
It's not but each one of those guys you named are better skaters... then there's Jeannot. Those guys aren't necessarily playmakers either and Jeannot isn't a sniper, so there's the likelihood there won't be any chemistry. They need to play a tough game down low. When Ace and Jeannot get points, it's ugly but effective. Jeannot playing like he did against Florida doesn't cut it. Dude wasn't brought here for five draft picks to float like a dandelion.

I'm still waiting to see where Sheary fits in because that looks like one of the weirdest and dumbest FA signings in the last decade. Signing him for three years blows my mind. The Kunitz and Morrow signings made more sense than that.

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021

True and it speaks to the current depleted state of our team. Lately Jeannot's center is Glendenning. Sheary has 1 goal and has looked exactly that bad. I'd say Paul is the only legit third liner as he contributed to an effective 2nd line with Stammer and Killer last year. They often play Cirelli on the 2nd line instead of the third.

The best line with Jeannot this year I think was Cirelli and Ace, but they didn't stay with it very long. If they went back to that the lines could look like:

Paul - Point - Kucherov
Hagel - Stamkos - ABB
Jeannot - Cirelli - Ace
Motte - Glendenning - Sheary

I wouldn't think that second line would work any worse than all the second lines that have had Cirelli on them and I'd really like to see that third line get another chance.

Stelio Kontos

Nov 6, 2011
It's not but each one of those guys you named are better skaters... then there's Jeannot. Those guys aren't necessarily playmakers either and Jeannot isn't a sniper, so there's the likelihood there won't be any chemistry. They need to play a tough game down low. When Ace and Jeannot get points, it's ugly but effective. Jeannot playing like he did against Florida doesn't cut it. Dude wasn't brought here for five draft picks to float like a dandelion.

I'm still waiting to see where Sheary fits in because that looks like one of the weirdest and dumbest FA signings in the last decade. Signing him for three years blows my mind. The Kunitz and Morrow signings made more sense than that.

It’s like Brisebois heard these names 3-4 years ago on our playoff runs and thought they were good and blindly signed them thinking they were the same players.. Sheary CDH glen d. Smfh

Reactions: Stammertime91

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad