Player Discussion: Tanner Jeannot

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I want him to put the fear factor into other teams. He’s a good fighter, but not as mean as I’d like him to be.
He's a dandelion out there. Definitely doesn't replace what we lost with Gourde, Maroon, Perry, etc over the years. Great fighter but he doesn't bring that element of getting under the opponents skin. Maybe that's just a wrong perception of him but it's a role we need and, well, we'd hope the tough guy we paid a premium for would help in that regard. He definitely whiffed against Florida and did nothing against New York tonight as well.

I don't want reckless play to handicap the team but he's not an improvement over what Maroon brought to the team. At least, not right now.

Reactions: Pierre Larouche

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
If we miss the playoffs he's probably a strong candidate to get moved
I think after what was given up they run him back next year. Hopefully yhey actually tell him "hit everything, fight anyone trying to take cheap shots or runs at us. This is your role."

He doesn't do that trade him next years deadline

Reactions: Night Shift

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
He's a dandelion out there. Definitely doesn't replace what we lost with Gourde, Maroon, Perry, etc over the years. Great fighter but he doesn't bring that element of getting under the opponents skin. Maybe that's just a wrong perception of him but it's a role we need and, well, we'd hope the tough guy we paid a premium for would help in that regard. He definitely whiffed against Florida and did nothing against New York tonight as well.

I don't want reckless play to handicap the team but he's not an improvement over what Maroon brought to the team. At least, not right now.
I don't even think its the "getting under the skin" element - he is just a shit forechecker, seems to always be behind the play or out of position, and doesn't seem to have the motor you have come to expect out of a TB bottom-sixer.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I don't even think its the "getting under the skin" element - he is just a shit forechecker, seems to always be behind the play or out of position, and doesn't seem to have the motor you have come to expect out of a TB bottom-sixer.
Man I miss goodrow ! That’s what I want Jeannot to be we need to have a guy be a pain in the ass to play against

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Jeannot needs to be doing a better job of scoring more but I also don't think Cooper knows how to get the most out of him. His SAT numbers are pretty good, he has the second lowest OZ% and his 5v5 scoring isn't that bad for the ice time he gets. His g/60 is roughly what it was in his 24 goal season and his p/60 are actually higher right now. He's just playing almost 5 minutes less at 5v5 then he did then. There's lots of guys not playing well either, Stamkos and Paul have pretty bad SAT numbers with higher OZ%, they are also not scoring that much more at even strength.

To me Jeannot is playing a little timid because Cooper is a tough coach. He doesn't want to take a penalty and be in the dog house so he's not as aggressive as he should be. Also doesn't help that we are chasing games and you don't don't want to play on an edge when behind to make your teams climb even harder. Outside of the top line the forwards are playing pretty bad, Essymount being the exception. It's not just a Jeannot problem.

Stelio Kontos

Nov 6, 2011
^

At what point do we start questioning Cooper.. Marchessault Verhaege, Drouin ABB Jeannot..

Last edited:

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
With results like this we would've been better off keeping Pat Maroon for the final season of his contract and a whole draft class back

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
With results like this we would've been better off keeping Pat Maroon for the final season of his contract and a whole draft class back

The only reason Maroon and Jeannot look the way they do is because Cooper has lost it. Cooper has no idea how to coach anything but 1st liners, all other lines have gone to shit with him. Maroon, Namestnikov and Perry,before suspension, were putting up their best numbers in years. Jeannot and Sheary have fallen off a cliff once Coop got ahold of them.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
The only reason Maroon and Jeannot look the way they do is because Cooper has lost it. Cooper has no idea how to coach anything but 1st liners, all other lines have gone to shit with him. Maroon, Namestnikov and Perry,before suspension, were putting up their best numbers in years. Jeannot and Sheary have fallen off a cliff once Coop got ahold of them.
Hose you can’t bash cooper on here lol 😂 people will attack you and say he is the best coach in nhl history!

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Hose you can’t bash cooper on here lol 😂 people will attack you and say he is the best coach in nhl history!

I think he was a great coach and might be again somewhere else but his time here should be done. He's lost the touch he had when he first came in, not sure if he's lost the room or the pieces he has don't work for his system but something needs to change. It'll be easier to change 1 than 23 so I can only see one way to fix it.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I think he was a great coach and might be again somewhere else but his time here should be done. He's lost the touch he had when he first came in, not sure if he's lost the room or the pieces he has don't work for his system but something needs to change. It'll be easier to change 1 than 23 so I can only see one way to fix it.
I don’t think JBB has the guts to fire JBB that’s his best friend

Coopers assistants are terrible that’s what’s changed he hired his friend from Detroit

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
With Jeannot out, one has to wonder which player will now bear the brunt of the blame for the failures of this team on the ice rather than pointing the fingers at the over paid, under performing "superstars" that should be getting the blame?

Tampa22

Eternally grateful TBL enforcers!
Oct 11, 2010
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Tanner Jeannot was lucky we paid him 2.665 per year he robbed JBB
Felt robbed for that? I wonder what you think about Sergachev, Cernak, Cirelli and I'm sure Paul will be in the list soon.
I say this before, JBB make a huge mistake for what he gave for Jeannot but Cooper doesn't know where he fits best, a no brained make that deal to play him in the 4th line.

Stelio Kontos

Nov 6, 2011
Essyimont and Cirelli play with a lot more balls than Jeannot does.Being able to skate probably helps with that.

With Jeannot out, one has to wonder which player will now bear the brunt of the blame for the failures of this team on the ice rather than pointing the fingers at the over paid, under performing "superstars" that should be getting the blame?

Cirelli

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
The underperforming superstars get plenty of blame. Cirelli and Sergachev get shit on all the time. Even Point gets critized a lot for a guy who's PPG. Vasy gets called out all the time.

I don't even see that much talk about Jeannot anymore. People had high expectation last year with the price that was paid for him but I think everyone has figured out by now he's a 2M+ fourth liner who can't skate and doesn't provide anything besides hits.

Reactions: aylib and Sky04

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Can anyone defend this AWFUL trade?

What a waste of assets. Worthless.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes