Player Discussion: Tanner Jeannot

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Cause the tough guys are like that, it's part of his job. They respect the code and take the challenge. I know for the rest of the people can complain about it, but TJ do what he has to do. Injuries happen, there's more of them playing the game than fighting.
Jeannot didn't 'take the challenge', he was the one who went looking for a fight unprovoked. No point in doing that in a game we were controlling.

Reactions: ultra63

Tampa22

Eternally grateful TBL enforcers!
Oct 11, 2010
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Jeannot didn't 'take the challenge', he was the one who went looking for a fight unprovoked. No point in doing that in a game we were controlling.
They talked even before the game starts. They fought before, who knows what happens on the ice. It's funny when the people say it's not the time to fight. If he won nobody say nothing.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Jeannot probably got his head rub and sat our as a precautionary move. Love that he fights and hits , but he is not worth the salary or the picks. Hopefully we cam extend him a few yearsbfor less salary or let him walk. You can sign equivalent goons for cheaper and not have to give up your whole draft class. Reaves make 1.4 against the cap compared to 2.65 million. If we had that extra space and didn't sign clearly signing duclair and a bottom 4 defenseman would be much easier to do.

Reactions: ultra63

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
They talked even before the game starts. They fought before, who knows what happens on the ice. It's funny when the people say it's not the time to fight. If he won nobody say nothing.
I don't care if he wins or not. I just don't see the point in giving Toronto any possible spark at that point of the game.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Why’d he go looking for reaves when we were up 3-1??
Reaves was throwing his weight around. Good on Jeannot, honestly, for giving it a go. Guys knowing someone will have their back will give them swagger moving forward. ...or at least it used to.

Reactions: Stelio Kontos

Stelio Kontos

Nov 6, 2011
I was glad he tried to make Reaves answer for crushing Hedman who's had a number of concussions over the years. Reaves is just a monster, even at 37.

Thanks. I had school so I missed the game. Only saw jeannot go after him in a game we were winning didn’t know if reaves did something

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021
Thanks. I had school so I missed the game. Only saw jeannot go after him in a game we were winning didn’t know if reaves did something
Reaves had a devastating early shift in our zone where he had three crushing hits on different guys, the final one on Hedman. The fight took place much later in the game, but Jeannot seemed to initiate it as far as I could tell.

Link:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Reaves had a devastating early shift in our zone where he had three crushing hits on different guys, the final one on Hedman. The fight took place much later in the game, but Jeannot seemed to initiate it as far as I could tell.

Link:

...Announcer called him "Hedberg" twice. Once, okay fine... but twice? lol

I mean, Tanner just can't really hang unless he's being physical, and that's gonna include the odd fight. He's one of the best fighters in the league, and Reaves is arguably the single best. A win for Tanner might have put him on the top of that list.

I'm not sure what fighting is worth in the NHL right now, but a willingness to fight seems to be a morale boost for the rest of the guys. I feel like Pat Maroon's greatest asset was he turned the rest of the team into raging A-holes. We were the most hated team in the league for good reason, and it was awesome.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Maroon, who went like 1-50 in fights is 5x the player Jeannot is. He's not the reason we are down 0-2 but I'm definitely over him being on this team. Provides nothing. We can run Chaffee in his place who is more effective. Look at a UFA who can play chippy instead of Jeannot. KOs and takedown don't win games.

Brisebois is seeing the effects of poor moves though. Jeannot, Sheary in the press box, Dumba, things suddenly don't look so golden.

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
JBB hate bias aside, no, this is ending up as one of the worst trades of the last 10-15 years. We traded almost a whole draft class for a guy who can't even make the lineup

It really is incredible how bad that trade was. Clearly Jeannot is nowhere near the player JBB hoped he'd be, but I still think JBB thought his floor would be many levels above where it actually is. This dude provides virtually nothing, I'm not sure he was worth a single 7th round pick much less what we gave up for him.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Jeannot had a good year for Nashville. The next year (in which Tampa traded for him), his production had fallen off a cliff back to where you'd expect for a bottom 6 grinder.

Remember, this is a guy who scored 5 points in 52 games in his draft year in the Dub. His only year of junior where he produced at a quality level was his (overage) 20 year old season, where he put up 80 points in 72 games, playing against young competition. Really good overagers typically produce 95+ points in 68 games, so what Jeannot did was nothing extraordinary.

No one should have expected him to continue to produce like the 24 goal guy based on the track record of measly junior and minor pro production combined with the decline in his pending UFA season. Toughness and one year of production isn't worth tons of draft picks.

BriseBois could have just traded Cal Foote and a 3rd or 4th for Nick Bjugstad or Eric Robinson. Ugh

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Jeannot had a good year for Nashville. The next year (in which Tampa traded for him), his production had fallen off a cliff back to where you'd expect for a bottom 6 grinder.

Remember, this is a guy who scored 5 points in 52 games in his draft year in the Dub. His only year of junior where he produced at a quality level was his (overage) 20 year old season, where he put up 80 points in 72 games, playing against young competition. Really good overagers typically produce 95+ points in 68 games, so what Jeannot did was nothing extraordinary.

No one should have expected him to continue to produce like the 24 goal guy based on the track record of measly junior and minor pro production combined with the decline in his pending UFA season. Toughness and one year of production isn't worth tons of draft picks.

BriseBois could have just traded Cal Foote and a 3rd or 4th for Nick Bjugstad or Eric Robinson. Ugh
Not kicking Jeannot but I watched all those goals and about 20 of them were "wtf" to me and screamed to an unsustainable amount of luck. Dude didn't bang home any kind of standard shot it was all just shit bouncing around or reflections in front

Needless to say I was very worried early on

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Jeannot at 24 had had exactly one season where he produced more than a 4 liner. No idea why anyone would've expected him to follow that one off season rather than... literally any other season in his career.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Jeannot at 24 had had exactly one season where he produced more than a 4 liner. No idea why anyone would've expected him to follow that one off season rather than... literally any other season in his career.
Brisebois thought "I can get a tough ~17 goal guy who fits into the cap structure at a cheap price, woooo let's do it."

Problem is he never looked at the production models and Jeannot's individual production model to understand how trends and outliers work. Must not have taken AP Statistics like I did.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad