GDT: TankTown Express: No Sunny Side Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Kapanen could be key to creating mismatches, but he's shown so far that he not very effective.

But maybe the fact the's been shut down is because he is creating a mismatch. This is what I thought last game. Hard to catch everything in a game.

It could be that Vrana is getting looks because Kapanen is being keyed upon. Or at least one of them is getting keyed and one is getting free. And it looks lie Vrana is getting free.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Holding the 8th pick instead of the 9th for the first time in a couple weeks it seems like
Yeah, Arizona and Vancouver's hot steaks have been helping out. Just need Philly, Montreal, SJ, and Chicago to go on hot streaks and have Anaheim and Columbus to continue to suck.

TurgPavs

Jan 7, 2019
Yeah, Arizona and Vancouver's hot steaks have been helping out. Just need Philly, Montreal, SJ, and Chicago to go on hot streaks and have Anaheim and Columbus to continue to suck.
You look at the schedule, and after this weekend, the Blues could be 1 or 2 points out of the bottom 5 in the league.
Van vs AZ
Van vs Anaheim
Habs vs FL
Philly vs Buffalo
Philly vs Carolina
Habs vs Tampa
Van vs LA
Chicago vs AZ
STL vs Wash
STL vs Peg

TurgPavs

Jan 7, 2019
Thank you Binnington for getting penalties for making sure we lose tonight. I got scared their for a second we were going to win
Lets not forget to thank Kyrou for his idiotic backward pass between his legs in his own zone that led to one of the goals.
His play on that one sequence sums up his game entirely, dumb backward pass, then floats over toward the puck, then turns around and skates toward the bench.
Dude has the worst 2 way play out of any forward since Brad Boyes.

PJJJP

Dec 2, 2021
I like Binnington's fire but every team now knows how to get into his head rather easily. I can guarantee this is not the last time someone is gonna bump into him and try to goad him into doing something stupid.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I like Binnington's fire but every team now knows how to get into his head rather easily. I can guarantee this is not the last time someone is gonna bump into him and try to goad him into doing something stupid.
You get into his head by scoring a bunch of goals on him. He looks for reasons to lose his mind when he's getting lit up. Little bumps like that don't get to him until long after his head is completely out of the game.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014

My guess is that they will uphold the automatic one game suspension from the match penalty without adding anything else. Maybe they give him another game as a 'we want to make sure we're removing him from a scheduled start' measure.

He should sit a game. Post-whistle blockers to the face/head while still holding the goalie stick with several guys bunched together just can't be treated casually by the NHL. The linesmen should have let Fleury stand up for his guy there, but either way this is a play that should result in supplemental discipline.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
It's funny, I'm not the biggest fan of Binnington's antics but who can argue that it doesn't garner more attention for the game? There were probably 5 or 6 threads on the /r/hockey subreddit alone just on Binnington. People may not like Binnington, and for very valid reasons, but there's no denying that he gets people to watch the game even if it's to see him get lit up and explode. With the rise of social media, the popularity of sports seems to be largely driven by the amount of controversy and drama that occurs. Hockey can be a pretty complex sport for casual viewers who don't know the rules, but everyone understands drama, theatrics, and emotions.

What Binnington does is provocative, it gets the people going.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I’ve been forced to mute “Binnington” on Twitter so I can see literally anything other than the play from last night. God the linesmen really f***ed that up. How do you not let a goalie fight happen? How many eyes would’ve seen the league’s ultimate heel throw down with one of the most respected players ever? Would’ve been huge for the league. They were both clearly willing participants. Let them go!

Reactions: Vladys Gumption

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
It's funny, I'm not the biggest fan of Binnington's antics but who can argue that it doesn't garner more attention for the game? There were probably 5 or 6 threads on the /r/hockey subreddit alone just on Binnington. People may not like Binnington, and for very valid reasons, but there's no denying that he gets people to watch the game even if it's to see him get lit up and explode. With the rise of social media, the popularity of sports seems to be largely driven by the amount of controversy and drama that occurs. Hockey can be a pretty complex sport for casual viewers who don't know the rules, but everyone understands drama, theatrics, and emotions.

What Binnington does is provocative, it gets the people going.
What always confuses me is how many fans who have been around awhile hate Binnington but loved Hextall back in the day. They're the same guy - Hextall was statistically better but Binny has the Cup - the game has just changed. He chirps the other team's bench? <gasp> Big deal, it happens 20 times a game with skaters.

I think most of what he does is stupid, but I agree with what Chief said in the presser last night. If a guy runs you in the crease after scoring a goal, go after him. But the blocker to the head is crossing the line. If you want to be able to mix it up like the skaters, drop the gear and square up with the guy. Personally, I thought the funniest part of that whole exchange was Fleury skating all the way down the ice, dropping the gear in an exaggerated manner, skating over to Binnington... and then jumping behind the linesman. He didn't want that smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad