GDT: TankTown Express: No Sunny Side Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
I will be making GDT Friday, will be another win.

God we need someone to beat you to the GDT.
You get into his head by scoring a bunch of goals on him. He looks for reasons to lose his mind when he's getting lit up. Little bumps like that don't get to him until long after his head is completely out of the game.

It's not even a bunch of goals, it's when the team is extra dog shit.
My guess is that they will uphold the automatic one game suspension from the match penalty without adding anything else. Maybe they give him another game as a 'we want to make sure we're removing him from a scheduled start' measure.

He should sit a game. Post-whistle blockers to the face/head while still holding the goalie stick with several guys bunched together just can't be treated casually by the NHL. The linesmen should have let Fleury stand up for his guy there, but either way this is a play that should result in supplemental discipline.

What's Hilarious to me is that if you remember in 2016 against Chicago when Crawford attacked Fabbri with the blocker on and all and the Hawks got the f***ing power play from it? llol
What always confuses me is how many fans who have been around awhile hate Binnington but loved Hextall back in the day. They're the same guy - Hextall was statistically better but Binny has the Cup - the game has just changed. He chirps the other team's bench? <gasp> Big deal, it happens 20 times a game with skaters.

I think most of what he does is stupid, but I agree with what Chief said in the presser last night. If a guy runs you in the crease after scoring a goal, go after him. But the blocker to the head is crossing the line. If you want to be able to mix it up like the skaters, drop the gear and square up with the guy. Personally, I thought the funniest part of that whole exchange was Fleury skating all the way down the ice, dropping the gear in an exaggerated manner, skating over to Binnington... and then jumping behind the linesman. He didn't want that smoke.

It's because they're f***ing p***yes tha care more about virtue signalling so strangers think, wow this is such a good person and they think just like I do. I can't f***ing stand it.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
God we need someone to beat you to the GDT.

It's not even a bunch of goals, it's when the team is extra dog shit.

What's Hilarious to me is that if you remember in 2016 against Chicago when Crawford attacked Fabbri with the blocker on and all and the Hawks got the f***ing power play from it? llol

It's because they're f***ing p***yes tha care more about virtue signalling so strangers think, wow this is such a good person and they think just like I do. I can't f***ing stand it.

It's the same type of fanbases that are whining. No Cups, some on their second NHL franchises that are doing as bad or worse than the first or haven't seen a Cup win since the invention of electricity or color TV. Sometimes those who mock do so because that's all they got.

The Cup is everything. We got one, most of them don't. We don't need to prove jack, we've done it all and own all the hardware in our history. That's far, far more than good enough for me.

It's not good enough for them because they don't have it and in this world it's easier to be jealous and envious than to expect more, do more and surprise-surprise, get more.

Wear your colors with pride, folks. We earned them.

Reactions: Xerloris

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
It's the same type of fanbases that are whining. No Cups, some on their second NHL franchises that are doing as bad or worse than the first or haven't seen a Cup win since the invention of electricity or color TV. Sometimes those who mock do so because that's all they got.

The Cup is everything. We got one, most of them don't. We don't need to prove jack, we've done it all and own all the hardware in our history. That's far, far more than good enough for me.

It's not good enough for them because they don't have it and in this world it's easier to be jealous and envious than to expect more, do more and surprise-surprise, get more.

Wear your colors with pride, folks. We earned them.

Like, could you imagine bragging that your team that was just relocated to your city won a cup the first year there? Like, another city built that team and other fans put their pain and tears into that team and then you brag for winning? What a joke. I would take have the Blues since 1967 and haveing never won a cup over getting someones hand me downs.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Like, could you imagine bragging that your team that was just relocated to your city won a cup the first year there? Like, another city built that team and other fans put their pain and tears into that team and then you brag for winning? What a joke. I would take have the Blues since 1967 and haveing never won a cup over getting someones hand me downs.
Amen brother. Same here.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Binny is such a wimp. Like, legitimately probably the biggest wimp in the league. His antics make me embarrassed for him, not that I think he's embarrassing the Blues. The Blues have had bigger idiots and psychopaths than Binny, and guys who have embarrassed the org in a greater manner, but if the level of cringe isn't the highest with Binnington, then I'd be shocked.

Reactions: The Note

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
Binny is such a wimp. Like, legitimately probably the biggest wimp in the league. His antics make me embarrassed for him, not that I think he's embarrassing the Blues. The Blues have had bigger idiots and psychopaths than Binny, and guys who have embarrassed the org in a greater manner, but if the level of cringe isn't the highest with Binnington, then I'd be shocked.
I hear ya. I’ll love Binner forever for helping us win the first Cup in the most dramatic fashion possible, but I do wish he could keepl a more level head out there on the ice. Use that passion to stop pucks and stop going after guys. Like that he’s a fiery competitor tho.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Folks said that about hull. Then he won Cups everywhere else.
Remember when Oshie was a playoff ghost until he wasn't?

Remember when Perron couldn't do anything in the playoffs until he suddenly could?

People always make those stupid claims that so-and-so will never win a cup/perform in the playoffs. Then they do and those who said otherwise never speak about it oddly enough.

Ridge1982

Nov 4, 2019
devil’s advocate: We did the same with the Rams in ‘99 even though they were here for four years.

Ridge1982

Nov 4, 2019
You wouldn’t have tolerated Durbano who was legit psychotic. Binny is nowhere near that tier.

I don't know a single person that really cared for the Rams. Not like the Blues and Cardinals.
Could’ve fooled me. There was a brief moment when the Rams eclipsed them both in popularity.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
To me I'm fine what Binny did. This team is full of soft players. Good to see some temper and passion. Shame linemens f***ed up possible great goalie fight.
sad that our goalie has to be the one to do this all the time though

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
I didn't mind the response. I think Binner goes a little nuts when our team is playing like zombies. He's a competitive dude, I can appreciate that.

That said, he needs to stop using his equipment to attack people. It wasn't cool when Crawford did it all those years ago, and it's not cool now. You wanna throw a punch then drop your gear like the rest of the crew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad