GDT: TankTown Express: No Sunny Side Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
I didn't mind the response. I think Binner goes a little nuts when our team is playing like zombies. He's a competitive dude, I can appreciate that.

That said, he needs to stop using his equipment to attack people. It wasn't cool when Crawford did it all those years ago, and it's not cool now. You wanna throw a punch then drop your gear like the rest of the crew.
too bad we didnt get rewarded with a power play in a playoff game like the refhawks did.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
I didn't mind the response. I think Binner goes a little nuts when our team is playing like zombies. He's a competitive dude, I can appreciate that.

That said, he needs to stop using his equipment to attack people. It wasn't cool when Crawford did it all those years ago, and it's not cool now. You wanna throw a punch then drop your gear like the rest of the crew.
This is 100% exactly where I sit on it too. I like the passion…just need some control lol

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017

Wouldn't it be worse to get hit by a bare fist?

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Wouldn't it be worse to get hit by a bare fist?
Absolutely not lol.

Blockers aren't remotely soft. They are filled with inflexible materials that don't bend or crumple at all when you use it as a weapon. Imagine adding hard plastic or wood blocks to the outside of boxing gloves. That's essentially what a blocker is. It protects the hand well enough to let you go full bore but the thing actually hitting the other person is significantly harder than finger bones.

If I was suddenly in a fight to the death and for some reason couldn't use anything made of wood or metal, I would immediately go grab my blocker. You can do way, way, way more damage with it than you can with a bare fist.

Reactions: Blueston

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I don’t mind Binnington’s antics. I think he is usually calculated about what he does, trying to rally the team. But his emotion and competitiveness is an important ingredient in the overall team psyche. If he didn’t do it, someone else needs do. His confidence was a big part of the swagger the entire team developed in 2019.

But you can’t punch guys with your blocker.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
I don’t mind Binnington’s antics. I think he is usually calculated about what he does, trying to rally the team. But his emotion and competitiveness is an important ingredient in the overall team psyche. If he didn’t do it, someone else needs do. His confidence was a big part of the swagger the entire team developed in 2019.

Yes, but you can cave a guy’s orbital bone in with a bare fist. Sure, you get a 5 minute fighting major, but I’ve seen those injuries…ouch.

Not trying to pick a fight, just amazed at the rules and the inconsistencies.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Yes, but you can cave a guy’s orbital bone in with a bare fist. Sure, you get a 5 minute fighting major, but I’ve seen those injuries…ouch.

Punching a guy is a a penalty too. Injuring a player is a harsher penalty. But using your paraphernalia as a weapon is more dangerous. Ithink he is going to get some reputation calls, and he has to allow for that.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis

I have both been punched and done the punching with a blocker and TBH a player punching me with their glove on was far more detrimental to my health than the blocker.

Wearing a glove and punching someone in my experience is more dangerous. You can punch someone far harder with the glove on than with your bare fist and the added weight of the glove compared to a bare fist really just rocks the entire head.

Punching a guy is a a penalty too. Injuring a player is a harsher penalty. But using your paraphernalia as a weapon is more dangerous. Ithink he is going to get some reputation calls, and he has to allow for that.

I legit just want to add that any player that punches someone with a glove on should get the same intent to injure that Binny just got. If you disagree then you clearly have never been punched with a glove on before

Reactions: eibyyz

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I have both been punched and done the punching with a blocker and TBH a player punching me with their glove on was far more detrimental to my health than the blocker.

Wearing a glove and punching someone in my experience is more dangerous. You can punch someone far harder with the glove on than with your bare fist and the added weight of the glove compared to a bare fist really just rocks the entire head.

I legit just want to add that any player that punches someone with a glove on should get the same intent to injure that Binny just got. If you disagree then you clearly have never been punched with a glove on before
I've never in my life seen anyone who thinks that a player glove is more dangerous than a blocker. I have seen a blocker punch pop enough screws out to rip a cage off of a helmet and I never saw a player do that.

Blockers have a rigid board that comes to a 1 inch tall edge and doesn't give at all. That absolutely transfers force more effectively than a flexible glove tapered to the shape of the fingers. If we're talking about the 'added weight' then you have to acknowledge that blockers clock in above 800 grams while player gloves are usually south of 300.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
I've never in my life seen anyone who thinks that a player glove is more dangerous than a blocker. I have seen a blocker punch pop enough screws out to rip a cage off of a helmet and I never saw a player do that.

Blockers have a rigid board that comes to a 1 inch tall edge and doesn't give at all. That absolutely transfers force more effectively than a flexible glove tapered to the shape of the fingers. If we're talking about the 'added weight' then you have to acknowledge that blockers clock in above 800 grams while player gloves are usually south of 300.

Have you been punched with both? I have. Blockers do have give btw. I see kids all the time with blockers that they have bent so it's easier for them to pick up their stick when they drop it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad