GDT: TankTown Express: No Sunny Side Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
If there were ever a time to be on the down side of one of these emotion games, it's definitely when we're hoping to lose as many games in regulation as possible and in the wake of totally dominating this team in recent years including the playoffs.

Reactions: Hrkac Circus

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
Kyrou is a flawed player and I think always will be. He can still be a significant contributor to winning though if the GM and coaches put him in positions to succeed. Don't try to make him something he's not just accept his flaws and build around them.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
At least Buch completes his hat trick tonight

kryou-jordan-kryou.gif

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
I’m not saying criticisms of Kyrou are all off base, just that he is clearly great talent and to assume that he can’t improve areas he is deficient in (even though he has clearly improved in other areas) is I think shortsighted.

Folks (including me) thought they could find a way to dig out the fire in Colt but that didn't happen. It's not an issue of does he have the talent, it's will he actually hone his talents. How many players have donned our sweater that we thought highly of that either busted or only went so far and that was it?

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Kyrou is a flawed player and I think always will be. He can still be a significant contributor to winning though if the GM and coaches put him in positions to succeed. Don't try to make him something he's not just accept his flaws and build around them.
problem is when you give someone like him that kind of contract, not only does it make it hard to build around him with a salary cap but it also sets a bad example for rest of the roster. it gives a green light on people to be one-way lazy players as long as they can float and score meaningless goals.

its why there were numerous articles about locker room issues being leaked through the media about how some players were upset.

Reactions: Blueston

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Folks (including me) thought they could find a way to dig out the fire in Colt but that didn't happen. It's not an issue of does he have the talent, it's will he actually hone his talents. How many players have donned our sweater that we thought highly of that either busted or only went so far and that was it?
I’m not saying he will win Selke but it’s not like Tarasenko was elite defensively. If guy can score 40 you can work around it.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Buchnevich i so underrated and underappreciated. He was off-balanced, starting to fall, and still rifled the puck by Fleury, into the lower left corner, for his Hatty! A special player. I'm so glad Army didn't shop him at The Deadline in The Blues' fire sale.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
its why there were numerous articles about locker room issues being leaked through the media about how some players were upset.
please explain why you aren't worried about these asshats who got upset over how well kyrou's agent negotiated and only focused on kyrou's on ice performance

everyone makes this point like it's gold and it's not the dagger to kyrou's rep like you think it is

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
please explain why you aren't worried about these asshats who got upset over how well kyrou's agent negotiated and only focused on kyrou's on ice performance

everyone makes this point like it's gold and it's not the dagger to kyrou's rep like you think it is
Got to admit, It seems to affect team morale like a mother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad