Tampa Bay defeat NY Islanders 4-2 to advance to the Stanley Cup Final

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
There's a pretty good argument that he was our best near-deadline acquisition. I don't know what happened elsewhere, but the guy has been legit good for us.

Who knows? Maybe he just needed to make the playoffs. Maybe he's just one of those guys who's better suited by playoff hockey.

He was always a stand up guy in Buffalo I felt, especially on the ice for team mates.

So I want him to win the Cup very much!!

Well, that, and:

no goal.jpg

NO GOAL!!!

LOL,, Duck Fallas!!!

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
Nelson is a stud at face offs.

Leddy is underrated asf in his own zone. Does so many little things you can’t put a number on.

Barzel is a selfish kid and not that great of hockey IQ up there. Has oodles of talent though.

Kucherov is a complementary forward. Can’t drive a play worth a damn against good D.

Mcdonagh is steady and reliable on the backend

Sergachev is really good at carrying the puck and a great skater.

Hedman has the best offensive Iq for a d-man. Just an insanely smart player.

Tampa forward core is one of the most unimpressive “elite” forward group I have ever seen. Break the perimeter cycle and they are pretty average and weak on the puck. If they get set up on the perimeter they are dangerous.

Islanders are going to be in trouble with this aging and slow forward core.

Those are my take away from the series.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
There's a pretty good argument that he was our best near-deadline acquisition. I don't know what happened elsewhere, but the guy has been legit good for us.

Who knows? Maybe he just needed to make the playoffs. Maybe he's just one of those guys who's better suited by playoff hockey.

Wasn't the main issue with Bogosian that he kept getting injured? I'm not sure the complaints about him were necessarily play-related elsewhere.

Reactions: Paul4587 and matsqq

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Yes. It is time for Lou to put that GM of the Year trophy to work. Massive offseason upcoming for the Islanders.

crazy thing is imaging Panarin on this team? Sucks, that’s the guy they gets us over the top and makes the PP decent to good imo. Crazy how things work. Lou certainly needs to get creative

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Wasn't the main issue with Bogosian that he kept getting injured? I'm not sure the complaints about him were necessarily play-related elsewhere.

Nah it was play, guy was a healthy scratch on the Buffalo Sabers roster.. but his partners in the past weren't exactly Hedman or McDonagh either.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Tough break for the Isles they had to go up against a Tax Shelter Induced All-Star Team. Will be tough for Dallas to take the Cup against this unfairly stacked team as well.

Reactions: Green and Avsboy

ryerockarola

Nov 20, 2011
Congrats Tampa Bay making it to the Final. Good series Islanders, both played well.

Congrats Tampa for being only the 2nd team in playoff history to clinch 3 series-clinching wins in OT. The only other: 1999 Dallas Stars.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
crazy thing is imaging Panarin on this team? Sucks, that’s the guy they gets us over the top and makes the PP decent to good imo. Crazy how things work. Lou certainly needs to get creative

Yea he would have been dangerous with you guys.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

"Did Panarin pick the wrong New York team?"

Kezaster

Apr 29, 2013
Nelson is a stud at face offs.

Leddy is underrated asf in his own zone. Does so many little things you can’t put a number on.

Barzel is a selfish kid and not that great of hockey IQ up there. Has oodles of talent though.

Kucherov is a complementary forward. Can’t drive a play worth a damn against good D.

Mcdonagh is steady and reliable on the backend

Sergachev is really good at carrying the puck and a great skater.

Hedman has the best offensive Iq for a d-man. Just an insanely smart player.

Tampa forward core is one of the most unimpressive “elite” forward group I have ever seen. Break the perimeter cycle and they are pretty average and weak on the puck. If they get set up on the perimeter they are dangerous.

Islanders are going to be in trouble with this aging and slow forward core.

Those are my take away from the series.

Sizzling hot takes, I can feel it.

Clutcherov has one series remaining and has currently one more point than the best scorer last year. Is on pace and probably will end up in Top-5 points total post lockout era hockey. Quite good for a complementary depth guy who can't drive play.

Unless you missed it, there's a not a single player who can "drive play" against these isles.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

Mostly. Going to Buffalo didn’t help but he was a real good dman before he started getting hurt all the time. His resurgence on a good team doesn’t surprise me.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Tampa is one of the more talented teams, and to beat 'one of the best' you need one of the best D men, that's Adam Pelech. Adam Pelech was out, changed this game. TBL has holes, not as many as in past years. Enjoy this, I've been rooting for TBL (of course, outside this series); you need a Cup appearance.

'Anyway you want it, that's the way you need it...'

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
Tough break for the Isles they had to go up against a Tax Shelter Induced All-Star Team. Will be tough for Dallas to take the Cup against this unfairly stacked team as well.
stuff like this wouldn't bother me so much, but Florida is one of these states that receive significantly more federal tax dollars than they pay so ultimately those states like New York who pay significantly more federal tax dollars than they receive have to support Florida and subsidize them for their lack of state funding, this goes beyond hockey but yea in a case like this it does benefit their sports teams

Harvey Spector

Aug 3, 2020
Vancouver
I like the fact that Luke Schenn has a chance at winning a Cup. I know he signed for the minimum so he could have a chance at a Cup like his brother who won it last year with St. Louis. I like Tampa to beat Dallas, also because I don't want Gagliardi to win a Cup before Francesco Aquilini.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
I like the fact that Luke Schenn has a chance at winning a Cup. I know he signed for the minimum so he could have a chance at a Cup like his brother who won it last year with St. Louis. I like Tampa to beat Dallas, also because I don't want Gagliardi to win a Cup before Francesco Aquilini.
Interesting to care about Aquilini.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Islanders were never bad in this series despite being appreciably outplayed, they were just a good team who got beat by a team that is better than them. Nothing wrong with that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad