Tampa Bay defeat NY Islanders 4-2 to advance to the Stanley Cup Final

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
Sadly the Tampa players touched the trophy so they will lose, such an anti climax.
Seriously note, I take this as that they didnt touch it the last time they got to the finals, because they lost that time. Am I right?

Reactions: DownIsTheNewUp

Green

Nov 13, 2019
I'll bet the Lightning did not touch the Prince of Wales trophy the last time they won it

Reactions: Fudge

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Kudos to the Islanders and Barry Trotz. They have absolutely nothing to be ashamed about. They were fantastic in Toronto and terrific in the last few games in Edmonton right until the end (well, minus Game 1).

Trotz is the best coach in the league. No question in my mind. He gets the most out of his talent and then some. Incredible coach.

Long Island should be proud of its boys. This one is definitely going to sting for a while, but I think many Islanders fans will look back on this team and realize what an incredible journey it's been and with Sorokin and a new arena being built in Belmont, the future is really bright on the Island.

Well done.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Kudos to the Islanders and Barry Trotz. They have absolutely nothing to be ashamed about. They were fantastic in Toronto and terrific in the last few games in Edmonton right until the end (well, minus Game 1).

Trotz is the best coach in the league. No question in my mind. He gets the most out of his talent and then some. Incredible coach.

Long Island should be proud of its boys. This one is definitely going to sting for a while, but I think many Islanders fans will look back on this team and realize what an incredible journey it's been and with Sorokin, the future is really bright on the Island.

Thank you!!! Very nicely said and much appreciated!

Reactions: Ranger Spice

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
It seemed like this was going to happen. The problem is Dallas is playing so well, I'm not sure I like TBL chances...

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
First difficult team NYI faced and it was a bit of a blowout statistically. Well done Tampa, a true contender!

Dallas Tampa is actually a super interesting matchup...I will be tuning in for sure.

Il Stugotz

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2008
44 miles from Chicago
Glad we’re finally done with playing defensive powerhouses and get to play the.....Dallas stars. Damnit can’t we get ONE team that doesn’t have a sick defense to play???

I don’t know what to expect out of Dallas because their second round series was the highest scoring in like 25 years

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Good series Isles fans, they were definitely hungry in games 5/6.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
This is gonna be hot take but I think Tampa could have ended this series earlier or at least without so much OT needed. They were the better team by a decent margin imo.

They played into the Isles' hand by playing overly conservative hockey compared to their norm and abandoned their normal offensive puck movement which requires more active dmen. They ended up getting into these grindfests with the Islanders instead (still far more entertaining than the Dallas series in fairness).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->