Tampa Bay defeat NY Islanders 4-2 to advance to the Stanley Cup Final

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Keep your head up, little brother We'll get back to the chirping in a few days. We have plenty of Lafreniere shit to rub in your faces. :)
C'mon, you know Gordie Clark's going to pass on Lafreniere and go off the board to pick some little known 6'8", 190 pound kid from Tier II.

;)

I concur that your post was very nice. Cut it out. I have a mental image of NYR fans that helps makes the rivalry special, and you're not helping.

Cygnusx1018

Jul 17, 2017
Man, as crushing as it is that we can’t go all the way, I am damn proud of my Isles! We played amazing hockey all playoffs and proved that we can hold our own against the best of the best! Great effort guys, and may we make it back here soon!

Also, I’m gonna have to root for Dallas this Cup Final

AllAlphas

Apr 29, 2013
Congrats Tampa! Looking forward to the Finals against Dallas.
Shame that the Isles seemed to just phone it in...looked like they didn't want to be there.
I'm sure they were missing their life partners back home.
Word from the bubble is they were up all night last night having another ping pong tournament, which Ross Johnston apparently won. Better luck next year!
;)

Reactions: wingnutks

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
Congrats Bolts fans. You have one heck of a deep team. Looking forward to the finals.

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
The missing piece to the Stanley Cup Puzzle

gettyimages-1059764318-e1556035821871.jpg

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
As A Rangers fans the Islanders gave me a lot of heartburn this series. They were a nuisance this post season. LOL.

Barzal will improve and add more physicality to his game. Not be a basher but add an element.

Now the serious cap work comes for the Islanders. Need to sign Barzal, Toews, and Pullock to new contracts. All RFAs. They don't have a lot of wiggle room in a flat cap world. Martin, Kunahkel, and Brassard all probably leaving. Lou is going to have to get creative. I'm sure he'll pull some shrewd moves. Beauvillier up for a new contract after next season. Ladd buy out and look to dump Komarov?

Reactions: Discipline

BalButtercluck

Nov 22, 2017
Long Island
As a die hard Islander fan it pains me to see the boys lose, but what a run! I was not born until 1986, and this is the farthest the team has ever gotten since I have been alive. I am proud of them.

And CONGRATS to Tampa, your team is really something else and absolutely amazing. I always knew Hedman was a beast but he is lights out far and away the best Dman in the league. I don't think I have ever closed my eyes in horror every time an opposing DEFENDER touched the puck. He made my stomach turn upside down everytime he was on the ice. The Conn Smythe is his to lose. Good luck against Dallas guys!

BalButtercluck

Nov 22, 2017
Long Island
There's a pretty good argument that he was our best near-deadline acquisition. I don't know what happened elsewhere, but the guy has been legit good for us.

Who knows? Maybe he just needed to make the playoffs. Maybe he's just one of those guys who's better suited by playoff hockey.

As an Isles fan I was actually very impressed with Bogo this series. He was never compromised and rarely from what I remember made any glaring mistakes. Nice and steady. Good for him, hes had a rough go of it the last 10 years.

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
We were THAT close to Fernando Pisani 2.0

That’s the most pathetic breakaway to save your season I’ve ever seen. Shot it right at the goalie. Gonna haunt the islanders for a long time.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
That’s the most pathetic breakaway to save your season I’ve ever seen. Shot it right at the goalie. Gonna haunt the islanders for a long time.

Didn't see the game, but he was showing shot the entire time in that clip. I guess sometimes the adrenaline kicks in too high and you just don't know what to do with a situation you aren't expecting to be in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad